All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shane Riordan
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dude is a fucking weirdo.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Dude is a fucking weirdo.

Please... elaborate.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

The latest…

https://x.com/wrightfan91/status/1791823678679752897?s=42&t=O_uy8f3T-L-IVVRF_D7ETA

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Shane has way too much of a voice on that show. He is similar to Goff in that he likes to come off as edgy, but he has a tough guy act and he is not funny at all. Just really bad jokes, but he keeps talking and they don't limit him

On this Schriffen issue, I had no idea that Shane is regularly texting with the players. Does he have a locker room presence or report? On a team with so much turnover, interesting he texts with so many players. That or it's bullshit.

This feud with Schriffen is all about Benetti. The hosts are still pouting 5 months later and this guy has made himself an easy target by being so over the top and sensitive on-air.

He needs to just tone it down, and ignore the sensitive hosts who had it out for him because he isn't Benetti.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
It is a fascinating look into the twisted minds of White Sox fans that their "too cool" twitter types have started focusing on the announcer as opposed to the crap team and useless owner.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Phil Leotardo wrote:
It is a fascinating look into the twisted minds of White Sox fans that their "too cool" twitter types have started focusing on the announcer as opposed to the crap team and useless owner.

I don't watch enough to know if Schiffren is a tool or not. I watched when they were fun bad. Historically bad. Now they're just 100 loss bad so who cares.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:20 am 

Nardi wrote:
Phil Leotardo wrote:

I don't watch enough to know if Schiffren is a tool or not. I watched when they were fun bad. Historically bad. Now they're just 100 loss bad so who cares.

same. He hasn't been good or bad enough for me to notice.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Phil Leotardo wrote:

Their golden boy Benetti just spent the entire last season trying to polish that turd of a dog shit team and those assholes at the Score can’t get enough of his jizz on their faces.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 10:47 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
BD wrote:
Shane has way too much of a voice on that show. He is similar to Goff in that he likes to come off as edgy, but he has a tough guy act and he is not funny at all. Just really bad jokes, but he keeps talking and they don't limit him

Also seems to back down in a hurry because of his "mental health."

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:14 am 

He's got that Gavin Mc innis look down where you are never really sure of what he is trying to say to the world

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:29 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
good dolphin wrote:
He's got that Gavin Mc innis look down where you are never really sure of what he is trying to say to the world

He's doing that whole Reddit "yeah, I'm a big burly bearded dude who loves eating steak...and I'm a liberal!" thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He's doing that whole Reddit "yeah, I'm a big burly bearded dude who loves eating steak...and I'm a liberal!" thing.

:lol:
Which only furthers his likeness to the male DiCaro.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 12:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

He just seems to be a loud mouth, but is confusing being loud/opinionated with actually being funny. I've been listening more to this show and the entire show is typically a laugh fest around some Cubs/Caleb talk so they probably think adding another voice helps the show. Maybe he'd be better if used less often, but right now he's involved in almost every non-guest segment.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 1:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is?

Was he lying about Schriffen attempting to prevent him from booking Sox players? Do Parkins and Spiegel actually ever have Sox guests on their show?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is?

Was he lying about Schriffen attempting to prevent him from booking Sox players? Do Parkins and Spiegel actually ever have Sox guests on their show?

They have N.Lopez on the show a few times, but that's sort of driven by him being a local player. Both the mid-day/afternoon shows go out of their way to tell the audience that they have little interest in talking White Sox on the show so it seems illogical that they would be trying to book White Sox players to begin with. I'm not sure the process for booking a guest, but wouldn't that typically go through White Sox PR or a player themselves if they have a relationship (which in this case, I'm guessing there are very little relationships because of the fighting with the Score/White Sox, the turnover on the roster, and historically bad performance) vs. going through/making a TV announcer aware.

I would be interested to know what players the station actually wants the air after saying they don't want to talk White Sox repeatedly. Lopez is the only one I'm aware of and he was on the show maybe 2 weeks ago.