It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
At what point do they just make Bernstein and Holmes host together from 10-2 and move on with life?

From about 2006 to 2009, Dan Bernstein and Laurence Holmes In For The Vacationing Terry Boers were the prototype for the turn-off-and-defenestrate-your-radio production that was Bernstein & Goff. In B&B terms, it went past Regular Bad and Fun Bad into Bad Bad. Maybe this time it will be different.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I give her a lot of credit. When she lost the Cable gig, she was likely unemployed. Instead of whining about misogyny on twitter, she kept her head up and got the gig with Bernstein. Parlays that into a part-time TV role, Olympic role, and now a full-time TV host.

And although she’s pleasant looking, I wouldn’t call her hot in an Erin Andrews sort of way. She works hard, knows sports as well as a guy like Jim Rose, and got rewarded.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Curious Hair wrote:
At what point do they just make Bernstein and Holmes host together from 10-2 and move on with life?

From about 2006 to 2009, Dan Bernstein and Laurence Holmes In For The Vacationing Terry Boers were the prototype for the turn-off-and-defenestrate-your-radio production that was Bernstein & Goff. In B&B terms, it went past Regular Bad and Fun Bad into Bad Bad. Maybe this time it will be different.

Dan and Laurence are terrible together every day in transition. They really bring out the worst in one another.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:39 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I can't think of many of the standout worst moments of Dan with Peak Leery, partly because it was almost 15 years ago but mostly because I had to change the station.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:05 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
This has got to be pissing Julie off.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:47 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Being a poc female had to help her chances. If she was a gentile white male now then it would be an accomplishment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:19 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Dan and Laurence are terrible together every day in transition. They really bring out the worst in one another.

Oh I didn't say it would be good radio. It would be what they both deserve for each other.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:17 am 

Darkside wrote:

:lol: thats the best part.

And she probably thinks she should be the one to replace Leila

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
Darkside wrote:

:lol: thats the best part.

And she probably thinks she should be the one to replace Leila

You will here it if there aren't public interviews including her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Bernstein still seems to be friendly with Julie...if she hadn't burned that bridge I would imagine she would have had a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Bernstein still seems to be friendly with Julie...if she hadn't burned that bridge I would imagine she would have had a shot.

Eh, they never asked her to guest host while Leila was at the Olympics, they've never had her on as a guest. So I think that ship has mercifully sailed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
He couldnt get enough of her during the Kane bullshit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:20 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

He has to wish that never happened.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Jaw Breaker wrote:

she burnt that bridge to the ground with her book. though it still wouldnt shock me to see her standing next to the ashes with a gas can complaining about how she didnt get the co-host role (again) with dan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
good for her....it's more money and exposure. there's no tv forum to express opinion and she'll have to keep from giggling at rosati's smeared eye shadow - but, it's a move you have to make. i can certainly understand why she'd want 2 hours a week on the radio with danny b - i believe she feels she has an opinion(s) and she wants to express them. danny won't take her down any dangerous road of saying something to jeopardize her new job. danny consults the sjw flowchart before getting into the meat.

it's not 1981 where weigal & al lerner are at 7, johnny morris & bruce roberts are at 2 and now rahimi-coppock at 5. all the zillions of other sport media to watch have really watered-down the local network's sport desk.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
good for her....it's more money and exposure. there's no tv forum to express opinion and she'll have to keep from giggling at rosati's smeared eye shadow - but, it's a move you have to make. i can certainly understand why she'd want 2 hours a week on the radio with danny b - i believe she feels she has an opinion(s) and she wants to express them. danny won't take her down any dangerous road of saying something to jeopardize her new job. danny consults the sjw flowchart before getting into the meat.

it's not 1981 where weigal & al lerner are at 7, johnny morris & bruce roberts are at 2 and now rahimi-coppock at 5. all the zillions of other sport media to watch have really watered-down the local network's sport desk.

Giangreco posted on twitter that he was happy for her and that it was overdue in Chicago, but also said that Dionne Miller should have gotten a lead sports anchor job earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Is Julie under the impression that the New York Times crossword is the only crossword puzzle out there?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Curious Hair wrote:

Agreed. Bernstein's listenability fluctuates based on his cohost more than any host I have ever listened to. Give him a prime Boers, Rozner, Spiegel- someone that will challenge his bullshit and push back on some of his odd views and you'll get a great show and a very interesting Bernstein. Pair him with Goff, McKnight, Holmes, and to a lesser degree Rahimi and I'll just find something else to listen to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
pittmike wrote:

not a chance. he still claims his "source" fed him information that would changed everyone's opinion on Kane and probably end his career. No stones to let it out though, Victim be damned.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
pittmike wrote:

not a chance. he still claims his "source" fed him information that would changed everyone's opinion on Kane and probably end his career. No stones to let it out though, Victim be damned.

Regardless of the outcome, a section of the fanbase was absolutely disgusting during the investigation.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:59 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Is Julie under the impression that the New York Times crossword is the only crossword puzzle out there?

I think for crossword weirdos it kinda is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:01 am 

DAC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Regardless of the outcome, a section of the fanbase was absolutely disgusting during the investigation.

In what way? Saying innocent until guilty in response to Bernsie yelling “YOU CANT SAY THAT”!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:02 am 

No way in hell Julie does crossword puzzles. She make look at them and doodle some letters down, but she does not finish them. She is more of a search a word puzzle person and even that would be pushing it

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
RFDC wrote:
No way in hell Julie does crossword puzzles. She make look at them and doodle some letters down, but she does not finish them. She is more of a search a word puzzle person and even that would be pushing it

:lol: Without a doubt.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Laurence, Leila and other Score "personalities" hung out together?

Laurence is making a play for Leila?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:23 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah Shane and Taney were there too I think. Pictures were all over social media.

Larry maybe trying, but I think Leila sees him as one of the girls...

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah Shane and Taney were there too I think. Pictures were all over social media.

I've noticed over the past couple months that Larry has adopted the use of a familiar tone with Leila that he doesn't use with other hosts. He seems to be trying to create the appearance/feeling/illusion of intimacy between himself and Leila.

What a strange guy.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:35 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I've noticed over the past couple months that Larry has adopted the use of a familiar tone with Leila that he doesn't use with other hosts. He seems to be trying to create the appearance/feeling/illusion of intimacy between himself and Leila.

What a strange guy.

Yes it is very creepy. The way he interacts with females on his show has always been cringe worthy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

What a strange guy.

Yes it is very creepy. The way he interacts with females on his show has always been cringe worthy.

Yes, the palpable salivating has always been disturbing. But this is different and seemingly more confident.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

What a strange guy.

He adapts his tone and speaking manner to match the person he is talking to. Bernstein, Leila, Goff,...,etc. It is odd to say the least.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next