It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Is any player on the team gonna be here the next time they win a playoff game?

I'm looking at the roster and thinking maybe Keegan Thompson and Suzuki, in 2024. I like Morel, but it's very early to say.
The MLB club is almost completely bereft of star talent (I assume Contreras will be dealt.)

Suzuki with 1HR and a .319 OBP in last 30 games with nearly a 3:1 strikeout to walk ratio. And not a multi hit game since 4/27.

What’s your take on his long term trajectory? Too early to tell?

Happ gets flipped, Contreras gets flipped and Hendricks just is a nice guy who sucks?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Crick Ramp wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Is any player on the team gonna be here the next time they win a playoff game?

I'm looking at the roster and thinking maybe Keegan Thompson and Suzuki, in 2024. I like Morel, but it's very early to say.
The MLB club is almost completely bereft of star talent (I assume Contreras will be dealt.)

Suzuki with 1HR and a .319 OBP in last 30 games with nearly a 3:1 strikeout to walk ratio. And not a multi hit game since 4/27.

What’s your take on his long term trajectory? Too early to tell?

Happ gets flipped, Contreras gets flipped and Hendricks just is a nice guy who sucks?

My fear with Suzuki is that he can't catch up to MLB fastballs...the only pitches he seems to pull are hanging breaking balls. I don't think he'll turn out to be disastrous -- but maybe .270/.330/.430, 2-3 WAR.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Crick Ramp wrote:

Hendricks probably gets flipped as well, somebody like Tampa will take a flyer on him if they need a 4th starter for a playoff run. Tampa has a lot of promising MI in their system and most of them get time in all three OF positions as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
It really does not help that Davis has struggled in AAA when he hasn't been injured. Howard tore the shit out of his hip and is out for the year after surgery. Amaya blew out his arm last year and still hasn't come back.

IMO this team doesn't start the long climb up the mountain until Heyward is sent packing. He is an albatross right now and they just need to move on. They have alot of prospects down at the low levels but they have got to sign some guys next year that can be part of the next playoff team as well. Theo won a title but he decimated the player development system worse than Stan Bowman.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:47 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
It really does not help that Davis has struggled in AAA when he hasn't been injured. Howard tore the shit out of his hip and is out for the year after surgery. Amaya blew out his arm last year and still hasn't come back.

IMO this team doesn't start the long climb up the mountain until Heyward is sent packing. He is an albatross right now and they just need to move on. They have alot of prospects down at the low levels but they have got to sign some guys next year that can be part of the next playoff team as well. Theo won a title but he decimated the player development system worse than Stan Bowman.

I'm irrationally worried that Davis will fall into the Kelenic/Adell pattern of AAAA hitting. I'm fine with leaving Davis in AAA until he can hit .290/.350/.450 in Iowa over two full months, even if that stretches into 2023.

Amaya is probably toast. He will have missed the better part of three years, and he will be out of options in 2023. He isn't going to be ready to hit major league pitching.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
moonpies suicide watch has been reactivated

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:20 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
There is such a dearth of honest bare knuckle Cubs discussion on Chicago sports radio & podcasts. CHGO geeks podcasts break down individual games. I can take about 2 minutes. Focusing on the small picture seems senseless with a organization not trying to win. When Hub or Grote did 6-9 they'd have an hour or so of pretty good Cubs talk with some long suffering Cubs fan callers. Herron & Rivera 6-9 are another bad choice at the Score with more generic clone token hosts.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:21 am 

Seiya Suzuki

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
can you do a hit chart for schwinnie schwindel?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:45 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Seiya Suzuki

What’s the main point here

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:46 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

How about JHey lol

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:32 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 4:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Crick Ramp wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Seiya Suzuki

That he must be really fast to hit a triple on a ground ball to 1st?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 4:36 pm 

The 2 HR or K guys homer. 4-0

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:26 pm 

Bullpen blows 4 run lead. First bad outing by the Cubs bullpen I can think of this year.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:38 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Seiya Suzuki

That he must be really fast to hit a triple on a ground ball to 1st?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:53 pm 

Robertson gets out of a no out bases loaded jab in the 9th

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:18 pm 

these guys suck

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
From todays DH

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/2022 ... ars-trades

The Cubs minor league affiliates are heating up.

Heading into Saturday's action, Iowa had won 9 of 11 games, Tennessee had the best record in the Southern League at 22-15, South Bend had gone 14-3 since May 3, and Myrtle Beach has been rolling all season with a 26-11 record.

"I'm really proud of the way the minor leagues in general are playing," Cubs president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer said this week. "You can never have enough depth and you'll never get to the point of feeling like your system is good enough, but I feel like we're on the right track."

A couple of standouts so far have been right-handed pitcher Caleb Killian at Iowa, who was acquired from the Giants in the Kris Bryant trade, and outfielder Pete Crow-Armstrong, who came from the Mets in the Javy Baez trade.

Overall, five of the top 11 Cubs prospects, listed by MLB Pipeline, came from the trades of Bryant, Baez, Anthony Rizzo and Yu Darvish. But Hoyer wasn't ready to declare any victories or consolation prizes from those unpopular deals.

"Ultimately, those trades are not going to be evaluated in the middle of May 2022, they're going to be probably evaluated in 2027 for real and I think that's probably the way it should be," Hoyer said. "I don't think anybody should be looking at it as a passing grade at this point. I think they should be looking at it as, 'What is that net down the road?'

"I do think that on the basis of those trades, some good drafts and good international classes, I do feel like we're definitely moving in the right direction in the minor leagues for sure."

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Wily is off to the IL with his yearly hamstring pull. At least it got Vargas DFA'd. That guy was fucking terrible. That should also allow Morel to stick around for a while longer.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:08 pm 

denisdman wrote:

"Ultimately, those trades are not going to be evaluated in the middle of May 2022, they're going to be probably evaluated in 2027 for real and I think that's probably the way it should be," Hoyer said. "I don't think anybody should be looking at it as a passing grade at this point. I think they should be looking at it as, 'What is that net down the road?'

Hoyer just admitted 2027 is the year they may do something. So for 5 years you'll get no big name FA and get a half ass team of could have beens.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:02 pm 

Observer wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Hoyer just admitted 2027 is the year they may do something. So for 5 years you'll get no big name FA and get a half ass team of could have beens.

That's not what he admitted at all. You figure for a minor leagues you can't really evaluate until they get to arbitration-eligible. Look at the Kelenic-Cano deal, the Mariners were assumed to have won that deal but now Kelenic can't hit major league pitching yet. It'll take another year to know if Kelenic was worth it.

So the target date for the Cubs is 2024.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Cubs blew another lead. Sigh.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 4:43 pm 

denisdman wrote:

Yeah but they won.

Miley was great through 5 and really labored in the 6th. It seemed clear that Ross and Hottovy really wanted to rest the bullpen but didn't think Thompson could go 4 in relief.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
denisdman wrote:

Easy Charlie Brown, a couple back to back Jack's off one of the worst bullpen in the league and we're golden pony boy.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 4:59 pm 

I do like the way the Cubs are using Thompson as primarily a 3 inning reliever every three or four days.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:04 pm 

still lost the series at home

4 at cincy coming up