It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
fab4fan wrote:
Butt ugly unis on the Sabres last night

I agree. White pants and white sweaters don't work in hockey.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Only the 3rd worst team now. Connor Bedard hope is fading. R.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:59 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
There was never any sense in shooting for dead last with the lottery odds being what they are now and the Coyotes existing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
It's not just about Bedard. The Hawks have to ensure they get a top 4 pick. There's only a 25% chance the worst team gets the number 1 pick. Finishing last or 2nd worst ensures you get a top 4 pick. Most years, Fantilli or Carlsson would be the #1 pick and if it wasn't the Russian factor, Michkov would be heavily in the conversation. And the problem isn't Arizona. Unless they totally gut their team by trading Vejmelka and either Schmaltz or Keller along with the others they'll surely trade, they'll have enough talent to stay in front of the Hawks. Anaheim is still the worst team but the Hawks might still be worse if they can trade Toews and Kane soon enough.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
DAC wrote:
It's not just about Bedard. The Hawks have to ensure they get a top 4 pick. There's only a 25% chance the worst team gets the number 1 pick. Finishing last or 2nd worst ensures you get a top 4 pick. Most years, Fantilli or Carlsson would be the #1 pick and if it wasn't the Russian factor, Michkov would be heavily in the conversation. And the problem isn't Arizona. Unless they totally gut their team by trading Vejmelka and either Schmaltz or Keller along with the others they'll surely trade, they'll have enough talent to stay in front of the Hawks. Anaheim is still the worst team but the Hawks might still be worse if they can trade Toews and Kane soon enough.

Yeah, but isn't Bedard the next Wayne Gretzky? Generational talent!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
blackhawksfan wrote:
DAC wrote:

Yup, the clunk for Connor season is only a success if it results in a perfect tank like the Bears were somehow able to miraculously stumble into this year.

Hawks and Bears are in the same situation, held onto GM's that were terrible at their jobs for way too long, allowed said GM's to screw up the cap while drafting so incompetently that they were the laughing stocks of both leagues, having everyone outside of Chicago see the owners as idiots for handing on to said GM's, creating the need for several wasted seasons to undo the damage.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
RIP to the Golden Jet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:48 pm 

fab4fan wrote:
RIP to the Golden Jet

All three ambassadors are gone now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:31 pm 

2 ambassadors now.
Denis Savard
Chris Chelios

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:53 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
DAC wrote:

Yup, the clunk for Connor season is only a success if it results in a perfect tank like the Bears were somehow able to miraculously stumble into this year.

The season is a success if they get a top 4 pick. What was the alternative- keep everyone, not make the playoffs, not get a blue chip prospect, but win a couple meaningless regular season game to give you a little entertainment? No thanks. This team needs a franchise-altering forward.

And to answer the question about Bedard- he's got the playmaking of Kane with the shot of Matthews. Best prospect since McDavid.
Fantilli is a highly-skilled, big, fast center, Carlsson is a winger along the lines of a Rantanen, and Michkov is a magician on the ice like Kane but scores more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:52 pm 

DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
DAC wrote:

The season is a success if they get a top 4 pick. What was the alternative- keep everyone, not make the playoffs, not get a blue chip prospect, but win a couple meaningless regular season game to give you a little entertainment? No thanks. This team needs a franchise-altering forward.

And to answer the question about Bedard- he's got the playmaking of Kane with the shot of Matthews. Best prospect since McDavid.
Fantilli is a highly-skilled, big, fast center, Carlsson is a winger along the lines of a Rantanen, and Michkov is a magician on the ice like Kane but scores more.

Looks like if they finish in the top 2, they will pick no lower than 4th. Finishing in last guarantees a top three pick. Found this. Don't know how accurate it is. https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:59 pm 

Tarasenko and another traded to NYR for players and picks. Looks like another spot that Kane won't be traded to. I'm beginning to think he may just resign in Chicago, albeit at a lower salary.

Not sure what to think about Toews, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Kane to Islanders or Stars maybe? He can't be happy about the Rangers. Whatever his injury is might end up keeping him here.

I think Toews will end here just not sure when. It could be organic or that chronic fatigue will come up again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Spaulding wrote:
Kane to Islanders or Stars maybe? He can't be happy about the Rangers. Whatever his injury is might end up keeping him here.

I think Toews will end here just not sure when. It could be organic or that chronic fatigue will come up again.

Last I heard a week ago on local radio, the Hurricanes had Toews as their second choice for a 2nd or 3rd line center.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:30 pm 

Hmm...I feel like a lot of places might look at Toews and think about it but ultimately decide no. Maybe that's because I watch Toews and think ooof and think others see the same thing.

I remember there were rumors at the beginning of the season for Kane with LA too. Please, just not Boston. Anywhere but Boston!

It would be weird to see them apart.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:07 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Last I heard a week ago on local radio, the Hurricanes had Toews as their second choice for a 2nd or 3rd line center.

Rumor has it Davidson turned down 2 second round picks for Toews.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:08 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

Was reading where the Stars are very tight against the cap. They’d need a third team to help facilitate.

I did hear Vegas might be in on Kane due to Stone’s injury.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The Division wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

That's a little surprising even though both picks would likely be in the 50s. Maybe if they can get a third team involved to end up with a pick around 35 and then another late second then that might be enough. Or Davidson is just posturing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:21 pm 

The Division wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

That's a little surprising even though both picks would likely be in the 50s. Maybe if they can get a third team involved to end up with a pick around 35 and then another late second then that might be enough. Or Davidson is just posturing.

Yeah, who knows if that's a legit offer or not. I'd think those two 2nds would be good to package to get into the first round. With the Hawks having a ton of cap space and needing to get to the cap floor for next year, taking on a crap contract or two should result in some good draft capital.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:19 pm 

2 2nds would be a great package for Toews whose value right now is as a 3rd line center. The problem with Toews is that even when the Hawks retain half of his cap hit, a team still has to absorb 5.25 M. Granted, they could take a player back.

Kane to Dallas or Carolina makes a lot of sense.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The Division wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

If that is true, he is a fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:35 pm 

I've been looking at a lot of articles and sites and can't remember the source but one of them said the 2 second round picks were late. Like late 40s and 50s.

It's hard for me to honestly think about what they are both worth. I have an attachment to them and think about what great players they were. I can't really get a feel for what they are now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:28 pm 

Last night the daughter's went to what they thought would be Toews' & Kane's last home game before the trade deadline.
We know for sure that's not true for Toews but jury out on Kane. In any case they had tears in their eyes when Kane "scored" at the end of OT. On the way home they texted it was the greatest goal that didn't count. Dad had to remind them of Hjarlmasson's goal in Game 7 against Detroit. How quickly they forget.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Oh man, that Hjalmarsson goal.

Remember watching that game live and would've absolutely destroyed a wall if they ended up losing. Seabrook winner was also excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:11 pm 

It was such a bullshit call on Saad. He got thrown into the bench then on the ground and kicked by Abdelkader. It didn't really look like he fought back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:56 pm 

Hawks get some draft capital with that trade with Ottawa yesterday. For "future considerations". Brilliant!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Heard Kane to the Rangers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:34 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Heard Kane to the Rangers

That's what it's looking like. Kind of an underwhelming package if it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:08 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You're trading away one of the best players in franchise history so he can ring-chase with the insufferable fucking Rangers; nothing you're going to get back is ever going to be worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
lets wait and see what Fels has to say

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next