It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nas wrote:
newper wrote:
Standings Update:

MMB leading in points, but several people still have CFMB bucks they might wager, and there are 10 points on the line for tomorrow's game.

How did MMB get 39?

Extra 6 points from his $3 wager on Steelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:
newper wrote:
Standings Update:

MMB leading in points, but several people still have CFMB bucks they might wager, and there are 10 points on the line for tomorrow's game.

How did MMB get 39?

Thanks
Extra 6 points from his $3 wager on Steelers

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Nas put his $3 on the Cowboys and I missed BRick's TB of 44. Will update the graphic later.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:38 pm 

This one went down to the wire, but Matt Murton's Beard emerges victorious by one point. The top three were within three points of each other, so well done to all. Terry's Peeps and Dr. Ken will need to chalk this one up to a bad weekend and (hopefully) come back fighting for the next challenge. Time for the vote. MMB is immune to votes, so any votes cast for him will not count. Don Tiny, perhaps inspired by Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, has tendered his resignation and is also not eligible for voting. Everyone else is. Please cast your vote by writing to cfmbsurvivor@email.com by Wednesday at 8:00PM, and we will have another contestant voted out of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:31 pm 

Votes are in... and will be posted tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 pm 

It is now time to read the votes. Don Tiny has removed himself from the game (possibly for medical conditions, we really don't know), and MMB has gained challenge immunity so votes for either of them will not count. JORR approaches the bench and presents a valid hidden immunity idol. Any votes cast for JORR will not count. The first vote in the jar is for donspiracy. Vote #2 is for RFDC. The third vote is for donspiracy. 2-1. Next vote is for RFDC... tied up at 2. Vote #5 is cast for RFDC. The sixth vote is cast for donspiracy -- tied up at 3 votes apiece. The next vote is written for donspiracy. Vote #8 comes in and is for RFDC. Again, tied at 4. There is one vote remaining... the vote you have waited for.... and the final vote is for.... RFDC. Thank you for playing RFDC, but you have been voted out of the competition. Until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Challenge will be posted shortly, probably a Saturday deadline.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 pm 

Thanks for organizing this Newper. It has been fun.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 pm 

newper wrote:
Current Standings

Eliminations
Challenge 7 - RFDC
Medical Evac - Don Tiny
Challenge 6 - IMU
Strikeout - FavreFan
Challenge 5 - Toxic Masculinity
Strikeout - America
Challenge 4 - FrankDrebin
Challenge 3 - SpiralStairs
Challenge 2 - 312player
Challenge 1 - Free Ajent

Remaining Contestants:
Boilermaker Rick
donspiracy
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater
Joe Orr Road Rod X
Matt Murton's Beard X
Nas
sjboyd0137 X
Terry's Peeps

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I have no idea how the fuck I'm still in this thing. I don't even understand this game.

When this is all over, somebody explain to me what an immunity idol is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I have no idea how the fuck I'm still in this thing. I don't even understand this game.

Me too

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Don't worry. We won't last long.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:34 pm 

Time for a NHL challenge... for the games listed below on Saturday, pick a side to win. If you're right, you'll get four points per correct pick. Also, for each game, pick two players (they can be from the same team if you like.) For every goal they score, you'll score two points.

Blackhawks vs Flyers
Predators vs Stars
Islanders vs Panthers
Maple Leafs vs Bruins
Golden Knights vs Canadiens

TB1: Total goals in the above 5 games
TB2: Goalie saves by the Blackhawks

MMB, you are the current holder of the challenge immunity, so you get to take a special advantage... choose from these options:
Exclusive Players: Post three of your player selections to the thread by 6 PM on Friday, and they will be exclusively yours... anyone else who has submitted one of those players will not be eligible to earn points (I will pick a sub for them, if they have already submitted the picks and don't send in a sub on their own by the deadline.) If you do not post by 6 PM on Friday, this one is off the table.
Big Time Goals: Along with your submission, select three of your players to be eligible for bonus points. If they score a goal, those players will get four points per goal for you.
Just The Points: Plain and simple, select this one and you'll get to start the game with 3.5 bonus points.

Entries are due by noon on Saturday. Good luck all! Sample entry to follow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:36 pm 

Sample Entry
Blackhawks - Kane (CHI), Toews (CHI)
Stars - Seguin (DAL), Arvidsson (NSH)
Islanders - Hoffman (FLA), Huberdeau (FLA)
Leafs - Marner (TOR), Kadri (TOR)
Canadiens - Domi (MON), xmoLEfn (IMG)

TB1: 22
TB2: 25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

No chance I win.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:00 pm 

boyd - Hawks (Kane, Schmaltz - CHI); Predators (Hartman, Forsberg - NSH); Islanders (Nelson - NYI, Hoffman - FLA); Leafs (Tavares, Marner - TOR); Canadiens (Domi - MON, Marchasseault - LV) -- TB1: 37; TB2: 40

nas - Hawks (Kane, Toews - CHI); Stars (Seguin - DAL, Arvidsson - NSH); Panthers (Hoffman, Huberdeau - FLA); Bruins (Marner, Kadri - TOR); Canadiens (Domi - MON, xmoLEfn - IMG) -- TB1: 26; TB2: 24

BRick - Flyers (Kane, Simmonds); Predators (Forsberg, Benn); Panthers (Dadonov, Nelson); Leafs (Pastrank, Matthews); Golden Knights (Domi Gallagher) -- TB1: 23; TB2: 26

donspiracy - Hawks (Kane, Simmonds); Preds (Forsberg, Benn); Isles (Nelson, Dadonov); Leafs (Matthews, Pastrank); Canadiens (Marchasseault, Gallagher) -- TB1 & TB2: 35

MMB - Blackhawks (Giroux, Kane); Preds (Forsberg, Benn); Islanders (Bailey, Dadonov); Leafs (Bergeron, Matthews); Canadiens (Domi, Marchasseault) TB1 31; TB2 35 -- Bonus: taking the points

Terry's Peeps - Flyers (Kane, DeBrincat); Predators (Forsberg Arvisson); Islanders (Hoffman, Nelson); Leavs (Matthews, Tavares); Canadiens (Domi, Gallagher) - TB1:27; TB2:28

Sorry, I am at work and firewalled off from my Google Drive, so it will be a little bit before I spreadsheet this up for you, but just wanted to get the picks out there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:03 pm 

Thanks Newper! Get that work done before the Bears thrashing of the Lions tomorrow and hop in discord.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Fuck! I didn't know these games started at noon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:04 pm 

Well the good news for you is that there is no rule giving strikes to people that don't submit entries in the individual rounds, only for the votes... so you won't get immunity, but you'll still be around.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
We appreciate all your efforts newper, thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:08 pm 

It was a close one with only 6 points separating the top team from the bottom. However, this week it is donspiracy with the win -- 3 for 5 with the NHL picks and got the hat trick by Pastrnak to really boost his score... nicely done don! Good effort from BRick as well... he was one goal away from tying it up. Nas submitting the sample entry just goes to show that I don't really think that much when I put together the sample entries, but hey, you were the only one to have the Bruins, so that's something.

Alright, it is now voting time. You cannot vote for donspiracy as he has the challenge immunity. All others are open for business. Please submit your votes by 8PM on Monday (emphasis added to help JORR note the date and time) and then we will boot the next person out of the game. If you're feeling nervous about the vote, there are a couple of hidden idols still floating around out there... remember, they are worthless once we get down to just five competitors left.

Also, regarding the jury, the people that struck out won't be eligible for the jury since I suspect they didn't play at all. But I will go with the last nine players that were active (including Don Tiny) once we get to the final three. I'm hoping to have a full nine votes because it is a little bit of a let down if you hit a final and only have four votes in there or something -- that's why CBS holds off on paying the jury until they actually cast their votes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:54 pm 

Bumping this as a reminder for folks to put their votes in by 8PM tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 pm 

Good evening one and all... it is time for the reading of the votes. donspiracy has won challenge immunity and therefore any votes cast for him will not count. I will now tabulate the votes. The first vote is cast for Nas. The next vote is also for Nas. Vote #3 has been cast for Nas as well. The fourth vote is cast for Nas. Nas has four votes and with only eight votes total, he would need to force a runoff with one of the non-participants in the previous challenge. Vote #5 has a frowny face and a vote for Nas, ensuring his elimination. There were two more Nas votes, and one for JORR. Nas, it has been an adventure and you have been a great challenger, but the tribe has spoken. You will now become a member of the jury who decides the ultimate champion.

Challenge to come out Wednesday -- stay tuned!!

Last edited by newper on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Good luck back stabbers! I knew I was about to fall. Thanks for putting all of this together Newper!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:02 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I voted for Kodos.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:46 pm 

It is our last chance for some North American racing action, so lets do NASCAR! You'll pick five different drivers. They'll run the race and then finish (hopefully no rainout--forecast looks clear) The worst two finishes will be discarded, and your points will be determined by adding up your top three finshers. So with this hypothetical entry with a hypothetical result:

Driver A: Keselowski finishes 11th
Driver B: Kyle Busch finishes 5th
Driver C: Jimmie Johnson finishes 30th
Driver D: Bowyer finishes 19th
Driver E: Hamlin finishes 22nd

We would discard the results for Johnson and Hamlin, and add up the other results for a total score of 35. The low score for this challenge wins immunity. If you designate a driver that does not start the race, we will treat them as finishing in 50th place. You will get a few bonuses too -- each of your drivers that leads a lap will give you a -2 boost. If your driver leads the most laps, you'll get an extra -3 boost.

One other little wrinkle is that your score will be increased by one penalty point for each other CFMB Survivor submission that also includes your drivers. So in the above example, if there were five other people submitting Kyle Busch, and three others submitting Keselowski, while you were the only one submitting Johnson, Bowyer, and Hamlin, then that would be an additional 8 points added to your score.

Now for the bonuses... donspiracy won the last challenge, so with your submission, please choose one of these advantages:
Extra Man: Pick a sixth driver. That driver will not be subject to the increase total if other Survivor contestants submit him. He will count towards their penalties, however. For example, if you pick Dillon, and three other players have Dillon, they will have their scores increased by an additional point, but your score will remain unchanged. If you go this route, you will have your worst three drivers finishes discarded, and the best three will count.
Pick A Winner: Along with your submission, nominate seven drivers. You can name drivers that you've already named to your team. If one of these seven drivers wins Daytona, your score will be decreased by an additional seven points. These drivers do not add towards anyone's duplicate driver penalties.
Head to Head: Challenge another CFMB Survivor player to a head to head challenge. Both of you will pick a different driver. The loser will get a two and half point deduction while the winner will get a four and a half point deduction. To use this advantage, just post to the thread who you are challenging, and who your driver pick is. That player will then post in the thread their driver (if he doesn't, I will pick for him.) If either of the drivers fails to start, each Survivor player will have their score increased by ten points. Whoever has the better finish position is the winner.

TB1: Number of cautions
TB2: Finish position of Almirola

Extra Bonus For All: A mini-contest... we should do horse racing too if we are going to do auto racing. Submit your pick for winner of the Red Smith Stakes (https://www.equibase.com/static/entry/A ... 8-EQB.html) by noon on Saturday. If you pick the winner, I'll give you a bonus 2 points off your score... pick the 2nd or 3rd place horse and I will give you one bonus point off. You can send this mini-contest as a separate email if you want.

Racing entries are due by Sunday at 11:50 AM at cfmbsurvivor@email.com -- good luck! Sample Entry to follow:

Last edited by newper on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:49 pm 

Sample Entry:

Mini-Contest: Village King

5 Drivers:
Johnson
Harvick
Larson
Kezelowski
McMurray

TB1: 8
TB2: 11th

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:53 pm 

Hmmm. Picking NASCAR. It's been a while. I can get down with this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Goddammit..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:22 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Goddammit..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next