It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 pm 

I see Gracie went in pretty hard on the MMA Hour today, talking about Condit, Team Jackson, and judges. Basically saying Nick has never gotten a fair shake in Vegas, and if they do a rematch they want a different site. Said he doesn't like the way Team Jackson guys fight, mostly running. Pretty good interview. I still got Diaz winning 1,2, and 5th rounds. Condit will catch a ass kicking soon, if he is done running.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:27 pm 

Bob Loblaw wrote:
what if you do a diaz vs condit rematch in april/may, winner gets gsp in nov/ dec.

Won't happen, unless White really pushes it. Condit's people said today they have no interest in a rematch. Gracie responded by saying, of course they don't want it, they lost the first one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:32 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
I still got Diaz winning 1,2, and 5th rounds. Condit will catch a ass kicking soon, if he is done running.

And you are still wrong.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
RFDC wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:
I still got Diaz winning 1,2, and 5th rounds. Condit will catch a ass kicking soon, if he is done running.

And you are still wrong.

:lol: :lol:

i would say the same if i were condit's camp at this point and I doubt it will happen, but a rematch is my only idea outside of diego/ellenberger winner.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Condit won the fight. He didn't stand and "BANG" with Diaz but he won the fight. I would like to see a rematch and I actually said that the night of the fight. It was too close to call. If Dana White says Condit/Diaz 2 should happen it will. He will make it right by Condit and that's all that matters.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:54 pm 

RFDC wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

And you are still wrong.

Then there's alot of wrong people out their.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:00 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

And you are still wrong.

Then there's alot of wrong people out their.

No doubt there are a bunch of idiots out there.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:06 pm 

Nick Diaz is EASILY one of my favorite fighters but he clearly lost.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:32 pm 

Watching UFC Tonight, and Florian said that he and GSP had dinner after the fight Saturday. I guess GSP said that he would give up his title to fight Diaz, and then fight Condit after. Could be interesting if he really does that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:06 pm 

GSP won't give up his title to fight Diaz. He was probably just drunk on Molson beer.

Rumors are going around that Diaz/Condit again this summer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 pm 

If I am Condit I am a little pissed about all of this. He clearly beat Diaz. Why should he have to turn around and do a rematch to the guy?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:
If I am Condit I am a little pissed about all of this. He clearly beat Diaz. Why should he have to turn around and do a rematch to the guy?

Money talks and that's all that matters in this game. Condit wants to be a player in this sport and finally has a chance to make some serious cash. He just signed a new contract with the UFC but they are probably going to rip that up and give him a "championship contract".

In fact his manager just tweeted this out within the last five mins or so.

Well, the powers to be just called. @CarlosCondit and myself will be in vegas and hope to have an announcement on fri... :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:24 am 

Dana confirmed it as well so its "official". Its really the only option as long as they pony up for Carlos which I"m sure they did. I also hope Diaz wins so we get a third match if this one is awesome. I have no problems with rematches, i'd take another edgar v Maynard if they felt compelled to do it.

I'm not sure where all of the GSP love in general (not here) comes from. I kind of hope he just goes away. To me, he's been terribly boring the last 3 years. I'll give him credit, he's won 9 straight fights, but I've never considered him a top level guy. More of a right place at the right time guy. Throw in all the injuries, the juicing rumors and greasing stuff and the fact he hasn't really beaten anyone awesome (other than maybe a declining Hughes a long time ago). 6 of his last 9 fights have gone to 5 round decisions and Kos was the only decent win. You can only fight who they give you, but Dan Hardy, Alves, Fitch, Serra all kinda suck (as far as championship level guys go)He also gets massive home field advantage fighting in Canada all the time now. BJ was a lightweight fighting in the wrong weight class. If you compare gsp to some of the other former champs or even jbj and their title defenses, they're much more impressive is all. I hope he calls a retirement presser but he'd probably get hurt on the way to the podium and they'd have to postpone it another few months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:32 am 

Bob Loblaw wrote:
I'm not sure where all of the GSP love in general (not here) comes from. I kind of hope he just goes away. To me, he's been terribly boring the last 3 years. I'll give him credit, he's won 9 straight fights, but I've never considered him a top level guy. More of a right place at the right time guy. Throw in all the injuries, the juicing rumors and greasing stuff and the fact he hasn't really beaten anyone awesome (other than maybe a declining Hughes a long time ago). 6 of his last 9 fights have gone to 5 round decisions and Kos was the only decent win. You can only fight who they give you, but Dan Hardy, Alves, Fitch, Serra all kinda suck (as far as championship level guys go)He also gets massive home field advantage fighting in Canada all the time now. BJ was a lightweight fighting in the wrong weight class. If you compare gsp to some of the other former champs or even jbj and their title defenses, they're much more impressive is all. I hope he calls a retirement presser but he'd probably get hurt on the way to the podium and they'd have to postpone it another few months.

Bob, I have a great deal of respect for your thoughts in this area, but I have to say this is some of the dumbest thoughts I have read around here in awhile.

GSP is not a top level guy? Crazy.

How has he been injury prone when he won how many fights in a row?

If you don't like GSP and think he is boring that is one thing, but don't just make up stuff to discredit his run as champ.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:19 am 

i understand why you'd say that, I didn't elaborate very well. With the injuries he had the torn groin, the eye thing, he pulled out of ufc 137 vs Condit (who relaced diaz) because of his knee and pulled out of UFC 143 vs Diaz because of his knee which is why we got condit vs diaz in the first place. Those were 2 officially announced matches that were on the books that he pulled out of due to injury so I'm not making the injury thing up.

When I say not top level, I mean not at the top level of the champions when you compare his title reign to other champs. The media keeps calling him one the top pound for pound of all time, but he can't put ANYONE away in 5 rounds? I just don't see it. Brock won the title in his 4th fight and had to fight Mir, Carwin, Velasquez next. Now GSP is clearly 1000x better than Brock, but the caliber of challengers Brock had was much more difficult than GSP has had, so I expect better results from GSP if he's the best in world. especially Dan Hardy. Randy, Chuck, and Hughes all had more impressive title reigns. Anderson Silva has fought better fighters and definitely finished a majority of his title defenses. In Anderson's 13 title fights, only 2 have gone the distance, plus he went up a weight class and crushed Forrest.

JBJ finished Bader, Rua, Rampage and Machida all in 2011 alone. Rua, Rampage and Machida are all much greater threats than Dan Hardy, Shields, and an undersized Penn. Throw in Chuck, Hughes, and Randy's title reigns in there too and there's a decent list already started of guys who I consider "more top tier" than GSP. I did say I respect him and you can't control who you fight (actually that's not true, you can control it to an extent), but he can't control who is in his weight division. Throw in all of the shady stuff and there are a lot of guys I consider more credible than GSP. Would I put him in HOF? Immediately, just behind a bunch of other guys first.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:46 pm 

I'm guessing that GSP might not be on course for a November return. They probably gave Condit more money and promised a shot at GSP or Diaz if he were to lose to Diaz. I think White realized trying to sell a Sanchez/Ellenberger fight against Condit wouldn't excite fans much. Read a article where they said it may be the headliner for FOX 4 in L.A. I think that would be crazy, has to be a PPV.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
I thought the fight eas pretty even. Condit went in and fought a Greg Jackson fight and got the dec which is expected when employing a GJ game plan. It was a smart fight though. I dont see any fighter at 170 that even stands a chance at finishing Diaz. If anyone i thought had the best chance but its obvious his camp wasnt so confident with that. Looks like a rematch is in the works though. GSP might not be ready

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:27 pm 

I wonder if Dana watched the fight again on his way to Brazil and changed his mind on who he thought won. I saw Rogan has changed his mind after watching again and has said Diaz won.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:40 pm 

Change of plans again. Expect Nick Diaz to be suspended for testing positive for weed after his post fight drug test with Carlos Condit. Maybe that's why his dumbass couldn't understand that he lost the fight and he should have stopped trying to corner Condit the whole fight.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Now Diaz's manager is saying no Rematch