It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
ALL TIMES EASTERN

Fuel airs the three Condit vs. Diaz prime time shows from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Part two was excellent and part three also was excellent, particularly when they asked Nick Diaz who was going to win the Super Bowl. Part three also airs at 6 p.m. today on FX. Fuel will also have a post-game show at 1 a.m. tonight with interviews with the fighters.

For tonight's show:

FACEBOOK FIGHTS AT 7 P.M.
Stephen Thompson (171) vs. Dan Stittgen (170)
Michael Kuiper (183) vs. Rafael Natal (186)

LIVE ON FX AT 8 P.M.
Henry Martinez (169) vs. Matthew Riddle (170)
Chris Cope (171) vs. Matt Brown (171)
Edwin Figueroa (135) vs. Alex Caceres (136)
Max Holloway (144) vs. Dustin Poirier (146)

PPV AT 10 P.M.
Clifford Starks (185) vs. Ed Herman (185)
Scott Jorgensen (135) vs. Renan Barao (136)
Mike Pierce (170) vs. Josh Koscheck (170)
Fabricio Werdum (246) vs. Roy Nelson (246)
Carlos Condit (169) vs. Nick Diaz (169) for UFC interim welterweight title

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:59 pm 

Really looking forward to this one.

I want Diaz to win so we can see a GSP and Diaz battle.

Bob, I think your start times listed are for the East coast. I believe the Prelims start at 7pm central on FX and the PPV starts at 9pm

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:52 pm 

actually i put it at the top in all caps underlined. in hindsight it made it blend in more, lol.

I REAAALY hope Diaz wins too. The Diaz / Briscoe Brothers are 2 of my favorites in the sport. I understand why anyone would dislike the Diaz boys, I just consider them great heels who are great fighters. Every sport needs heels and faces

I think Big Roy is gonna win big and Kos' fight should be really good too. We may have stream problems tonight as:

--U.S. prosecutors seized 307 web sites that illegally streamed live sports and PPV events before the Super Bowl. It's not nearly as big a deal as it sounds, but they did shut down a guy from Michigan by claiming they were reps of WWE wanting to buy the site (there were a bunch of WWE names that he owned domains to) and he was willing to sell. It's more of a headline grab before the Super Bowl than anything that is going to make major difference.

I tried the main 2 I go to and they are already shut down.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:56 pm 

The Kos fight is going to be a good one, especially after his opponent put on the blonde wig at the weigh in. Kos did not like that very much :lol:

Gotta give some credit to Roy Nelson, he looks like he is in the best shape of his life, his gut is not nearly as big as it normally is. Maybe, just maybe, he is taking things more seriously

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:02 pm 

that was pretty good. I'm also a big Nelson fan. Naturally, it must be compared to wrestling so i think its great to have a character like him. Except Roy is awesome. He kinda like Vader instead of Mantaur. He fought Junior Dos Santos and is the only guy to take him the distance. All I've heard the last year is how great JDS is (he is) so it's got to say something for Big Roy. People laughing at the gut gives him an advantage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Why is Starlin Castro fighting in the prelim?

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:04 pm 

Oh my was that a shot to the pills. If I'm fighting again, I'm not taking the full five.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:14 pm 

Why aren't all of these guys required to wear cups, and why isn't a second nutshot an automatic DQ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm 

Drop In wrote:
Why aren't all of these guys required to wear cups, and why isn't a second nutshot an automatic DQ?

they are required. dq is at discretion of the ref. he deducted 2 points instead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 pm 

:lol: :lol:

nice finish to the prelims

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/25185/1/.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Almost time for the main event.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:34 am 

Reading on ESPN, the first 2 rounds could have gone either way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:42 am 

Going to the 5th round and it could be tied at 2 rounds each.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:49 am 

Going to the judges.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:51 am 

Condit wins by unamoius decision.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:12 am 

Diaz is such a baby. You lost the fight. Condit destroyed you on punches and kicks. Just because you move forward all night does not mean you win the fight. So now he is going to retire :lol:

Disappointed we do not get to see GSP beat Diaz tho.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:45 am 

Couldn't agree with Diaz more, judges were awful all night. Condit was running like a pussy most of the night. As past fights have shown, you get the takedown, you win the close round. I had it Diaz 3-2, or a draw. The judges were wrong on the Koscheck fight also. Bruce LeRoy was robbed tonight as well. Having 2 points taken away is ridiculous. Those kicks are on accident, and he dominated the fight. Rough night for the judges.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 am 

Looking on twitter it seems that most of the other fighters had Diaz as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:29 am 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Couldn't agree with Diaz more, judges were awful all night. Condit was running like a pussy most of the night.

How was a "running pussy" able to land more punches and kicks the entire night?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 am 

Quote:
Compustrike saw Condit landing more total strikes than Diaz in the first, third and fourth rounds. Condit oustruck Diaz 146 to 110, including a 104 to 19 advantage in leg strikes, according to Compustrike.

146 to 110 and 104 to 19. Yep that is a pussy alright :roll:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
condit won the fight..too bad for diaz his opponent was not going to stand still an eat punches..diaz should have taken better angles instead of pressing straight ahead...condit has zero chance at beating gsp.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:28 am 

I had Condit all day.

Diaz chose to wait until 30 seconds left in a 5 rnd fight to attempt his first take down? Also the "stop running" stuff was pretty gay. Now fighters are suppossed to slug it out with zero movement like in Rocky? He got beaten by his own game and the "baby leg kicks" clearly wore him down in the later rounds.

Also the Wannstedt line of the night goes to Diaz with "if the bell hadn't rung I would have submitted him". First of all the fight was over, second Condit had already escaped and reversed the position.

I also heard Diaz missed 3 flights to Vegas on Tuesday and that GSP injured his knee when he jumped up reacting to the decision.

As far as not being penalized for accidental nutshots, that would only lead to Bisping fighting even dirtier. If you get one strong warning, i think it would be a good idea to drop the high inside leg kick. There's a good chance you might accidentally do it again, costing yourself points or a dq. He doesn't seem like a very bright fighter and they should have stopped the fight when he got knocked out after the head kick earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:59 am 

the gifs. this zombie prophet guy is awesome. hundreds of almost instantaneous highlights

http://ironforgesiron.com/2012/02/ufc-1 ... -teh-gifs/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 am 

It was all bs. Condit will get killed by GSP. George won't stand with him, so he will get all the takedowns he wants. Condits ground game looked weak in the minute and a half they were actually on it. I'll still say Diaz won, as several people who have fought and know the game have said as well. Personally, if Sonnen beat Bisping, then Diaz won this easy. Condit said he won the first 4 rounds, he's crazy if he really thinks that. Most had Diaz the first 2 and the 3rd has a toss up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 pm 

good read

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-143-diaz- ... step-back/

Some of you will undoubtedly feel that you can’t win a fight moving backwards. You may be right, but there are a host of other things that you can do in retreat. You can set a record for leg kicks landed in a UFC fight (not that those count, right?). You can out-strike your opponent in both total strikes and significant strikes by a 30% margin. You can land more power shots to the head.

blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html

-----

I like watching the Diaz brothers fight. I wish Nick had won and gsp vs diaz would have banked ufc millions and millions more and is much easier to hype. i'm figuring condit will fight winner of ellenberger vs sanchez, get hurt and then diaz will fight gsp.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:36 pm 

I think Ellenburger and Sanchez are far from title shots. Sanchez has been pretty bad lately, bouncing from lightweight to welterweight. Jake hasn't really beat anyone I would consider big yet. As for the leg kicks, yippee he set a record. The kicks didn't do much of anything to Diaz. If you want to see real leg kicks do damage. watch the Aldo/Faber fight or Forrest/Rampage. Those kicks by Forrest and Aldo had them struggling to stand up. At one point Faber was being carried to his corner in between rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:55 pm 

close decision, I'd give it to Condit. I love both of those fights you mentioned. I'm not saying Condit won because of leg kicks, but landing the most in ufc history had to have some influence on the judges. Some were wicked, some weren't. I'm not sure who would be next in line at the WW title. Kos wasn't impressive enough. Ellenberger has won 5 in a row including wins over pyle and shields. Knocked both of them out including Shields in less then a minute. his last loss was a split to condit. Diego has 2 big wins in a row, Ellenberger would be a big third. These 2 guys have to be ahead of : Fitch, Kampman, Kos, Hendricks, Diaz. If not the Diego / Ellenberger winner, who would you give the next shot to? Unless they give it someone not in the weight class, no one else comes to mind. Diego v Ellenberger is the very definition of a #1 title contenders match.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:53 pm 

It's a tough call on who should be #1 contender. I'm thinking Condit may sit til November. Then have Diaz/Koscheck for #1 contender, hoping to avoid another Koscheck/GSP fight. If Diaz wins, you will either get a much needed rematch or much hyped Diaz/GSP.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
If Diego Sanchez wins his fight next week I see them giving him a title shot vs Condit in May. Rumor has it that Mir/Cain might be on that card as Sanchez/Condit won't really sell PPV's alone.

Sanchez would have won 3 in a row at that point over guys with decent names so they might look for him to get a title shot. Dana understands that even with an interim belt on the line people will be more inclined to buy a PPV. Not sure what they would do if Ellenburger wins though, maybe Johnny Hendricks.

I also scored the fight for Condit 3 rds to 2. He moved out of the way of Diaz's power shots and he threw the most leg kicks for one fight in UFC history.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:22 pm 

what if you do a diaz vs condit rematch in april/may, winner gets gsp in nov/ dec.