It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:11 pm 

Pretty good stuff, and of course the Flyers are littered all over it because they're like the most underachieving team of ALL TIME...no that's not true; the Blackhawks are on here a few times as well, and the Maple Leafs...

give in to misery...and relive history...

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1128345/1/index.htm?bcnn=yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
My gramps and mom were there for the two series that they lost to Montreal. She said 71 was the most heartbreaking thing she went through at the time. After Esposito let a goal through from center ice, I guess it went downhill from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I'll also add the Hawks 96 to the years they mention. That was the playoffs when Belfour got food poisoning before game 2 (which I still claim was somehow done purposefully). I thought they had the most talented team and would beat Colorado that year. There was a three overtime game that Sakic won. Pissed me off something fierce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:03 am 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I'll also add the Hawks 96 to the years they mention. That was the playoffs when Belfour got food poisoning before game 2 (which I still claim was somehow done purposefully). I thought they had the most talented team and would beat Colorado that year. There was a three overtime game that Sakic won. Pissed me off something fierce.

I believe that was the game where Roenick had a breakaway in OT, was pulled down and no penalty was called. The ref basically swallowed his whistle in OT.

That playoff series was the last hurrah for some fine Blackhawk teams during the early to mid nineties.