It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Caitlin Clark
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:58 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
If I were to tell you I already named two of them in this thread, well before the question was asked, you'd deny it, so what can I do?
Say it's your opinion. However it's obvious that the gritty label is reserved for "certain" types of players. And "heady" as well.

And when it comes to coaches forget it. You never hear of black coaches being "great strategists".

Ed Cooley is considered one of the best in all of college basketball right now.

Ed Cooley has never made the Final Four. Sort of tough to be bestowed with the "Genius" level with this being the case.

Well, I guess that makes it impossible for people to think the 2022 National Coach of the Year is a "genius" since that disqualifies you. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
If I were to tell you I already named two of them in this thread, well before the question was asked, you'd deny it, so what can I do?
Say it's your opinion. However it's obvious that the gritty label is reserved for "certain" types of players. And "heady" as well.

And when it comes to coaches forget it. You never hear of black coaches being "great strategists".

Ed Cooley has never made the Final Four. Sort of tough to be bestowed with the "Genius" level with this being the case.

Well, I guess that makes it impossible for people to think the 2022 National Coach of the Year is a "genius" since that disqualifies you. :lol:

No guy that only won 57% of his college games would ever be thought of by anyone as a genius so this "disqualifies" you.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/co ... ley-1.html

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:18 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
Are you sure? He is certainly considered as much of a 'genius' as anyone in college basketball.

Who are the geniuses in college basketball?

Rick Pitino. Still
Mark Few.
Bryce Drew.
Bill Self.
Tom Izzo. Still.

That's a pretty terrible list but it's mostly just you picking current coaches with national titles and then Mark Few.

Mark Few won the award in 2021 and yet you still believe that he was a "terrible" selection :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:30 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
Are you sure? He is certainly considered as much of a 'genius' as anyone in college basketball.

Rick Pitino. Still
Mark Few.
Bryce Drew.
Bill Self.
Tom Izzo. Still.

That's a pretty terrible list but it's mostly just you picking current coaches with national titles and then Mark Few.

Mark Few won the award in 2021 and yet you still believe that he was a "terrible" selection :lol: :lol:

I think Few was the best name you provided. Izzo a close second.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:30 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No guy that only won 57% of his college games would ever be thought of by anyone as a genius so this "disqualifies" you.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/co ... ley-1.html

It's funny to watch you keep on arguing that Ed Cooley isn't a "genius".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:37 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

Rick Pitino. Still
Mark Few.
Bryce Drew.
Bill Self.
Tom Izzo. Still.

I think Few was the best name you provided. Izzo a close second.

Problem is that you "think" and each one of the coaches on that list a more highly regarded than Ed Cooley.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:40 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Problem is that you "think" and each one of the coaches on that list a more highly regarded than Ed Cooley.
It's because they have national titles and Few is the best coach in history without a national title.

Still though, you don't think Ed Cooley is a "genius" so it's not surprising that other people wouldn't consider him a "genius" even with a national coach of the year award in the trophy case.

Can we get back to your argument that Georgetown and Northwestern aren't that much different?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:41 am 

Brick wrote:

Sort of difficult to do "the Brick" when your guy has ONLY won 57% of his games.

And to get back to the point. The guys I'd obviously have been tagged with the genius label which defines this as coaches. The guys you have have not.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:43 am 

Brick wrote:

Sort of difficult to do "the Brick" when your guy has ONLY won 57% of his games.

And to get back to the point. The guys I identified obviously have been tagged with the genius label which defines them as coaches. The guys you Identified have not.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:48 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
He won 57% at Fairfield. He won 61% at Providence. Overall he has won 60% of his games.

Again, you can argue all you want that Ed Cooley isn't currently one of the best coaches in the whole country if you want.

The Missing Link wrote:
And to get back to the point. The guys I'd obviously have been tagged with the genius label which defines this as coaches. The guys you have have not.
They have national titles though besides Few. I think any "genius" classification would be explained by that more than anything else.

Let's move this forward so you just stop repeating things.

What coaches, outside of John Thompson, should have been labeled as "genius" but weren't in your eyes?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:50 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
It's because they have national titles and Few is the best coach in history without a national title.

Still though, you don't think Ed Cooley is a "genius" so it's not surprising that other people wouldn't consider him a "genius" even with a national coach of the year award in the trophy case.

Can we get back to your argument that Georgetown and Northwestern aren't that much different?

You're the dude that had him as a genius. That is until you or no one else did. As far as Northwestern and Georgetown goes I am not discussing something which was never actually stated.
The Missing Link wrote:
Every job on that list is a better job than Georgetown save for maybe Northwestern. And you left off Stanford and several other schools in which Coach K's assistants have taken jobs. And again if Ed Cooley is the dude then why did he HAVE to take a worse job than the ones afforded to Coach K assistants?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:54 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
You're the dude that had him as a genius. That is until you or no one else did. As far as Northwestern and Georgetown goes I am not discussing something which was never actually stated.
I still don't totally understand what you mean by "genius" as it mostly seems to be people that have won national titles and Mark Few. He would not make the list if that is the definition.

I do think he is one of the best college basketball coaches currently though and if Final Fours aren't a requirement he would qualify for any such list of "genius" coaches.

The Missing Link wrote:
Every job on that list is a better job than Georgetown save for maybe Northwestern.

You aren't even sure that Georgetown is a better job than Northwestern. That's just a fact.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:54 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
He won 57% at Fairfield. He won 61% at Providence. Overall he has won 60% of his games.

Again, you can argue all you want that Ed Cooley isn't currently one of the best coaches in the whole country if you want.

The Missing Link wrote:
They have national titles though besides Few. I think any "genius" classification would be explained by that more than anything else.

What coaches, outside of John Thompson, should have been labeled as "genius" but weren't in your eyes?

Now you're moving the goal post again. Now Cooley is merely "one of the better coaches in the country".

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:57 am 

Brick wrote:
I still don't totally understand what you mean by "genius" as it mostly seems to be people that have won national titles and Mark Few. He would not make the list if that is the definition.

Why are you continuing to refute a point that you admit to not understanding?
If you so not understand the point then how are you so sure that you happen to disagree with it?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:57 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

The Missing Link wrote:

Now you're moving the goal post again. Now Cooley is merely "one of the better coaches in the country".

My first post:
Brick wrote:

My last post:
Brick wrote:

The goal post is exactly the same.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:59 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

Why are you continuing to refute a point that you admit to not understanding?

I am asking myself the same question. I'll just accept that to be a genius coach you need to win a national title or be so good for so long that you are the best coach ever to not win a national title.

That brings back this question:

Note: I would put John Thompson in the "genius" category but that is just me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:00 am 

Brick wrote:

I referenced "genius" coaches and you dropped Ed Cooley's name. Thus he would be an example of someone you regard as a "genius" coach. That is until I obliterated your point with actual data as opposed to your opinion.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:03 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

I referenced "genius" coaches and you dropped Ed Cooley's name. Thus he would be an example of someone you regard as a "genius" coach. That is until I obliterated your point with actual data as opposed to your opinion.
My definition would not require a national title or getting close many times like Mark Few so I would include Ed Cooley in my list but obviously my list is bigger than yours.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:04 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

The Missing Link wrote:

Shaka Smart has a career winning % that is greater than Ed Cooley. If I were to place him in the "best coaches" category you no doubt argue that this was a "terrible" thought.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/co ... art-1.html

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:04 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

My definition would not require a national title or getting close many times like Mark Few so I would include Ed Cooley in my list but obviously my list is bigger than yours.

Ed Cooley has never made a Final Four.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:05 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

2005!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:08 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

The Missing Link wrote:

Shaka Smart has a career winning % that is greater than Ed Cooley. If I were to place him in the "best coaches" category you no doubt argue that this was a "terrible" thought.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/co ... art-1.html
Shaka and Cooley are both on the list of best coaches in the country right now.

Shaka was just named AP Coach of the Year. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:15 am 

:lol: :lol: Here is you dissing Shaka Smart though
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
What a fucking choke job. Blow an 18 point lead to Valpo and lose in OT. This is after Northern Iowa lost earlier in the day.

Two years in a row the path to the NCAA tournament has been cleared for them and two years in a row Bradley has taken advantage of the opportunity. Why, again, would Rambler fans be afraid of a Porter Moser departure?

That moron can't leave fast enough.

the guy had two league MVPs on his team last year coming off the Final Four and didn't make the tournament

It was pretty obvious when he wasn't even considered for bigger jobs after that F4 run. Shaka Smart made a career off of it.

Clear you don't regard him as one of the "best coaches" in the country.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:18 am 

That's not a dis on Shaka Smart.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that a thread originally focused on Caitlin Clark has morphed into an extended debate regarding the public perception and merits of Ed Cooley's coaching prowess?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
anything can happen when Brick tries to out-reason Link.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:30 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that a thread originally focused on Caitlin Clark has morphed into an extended debate regarding the public perception and merits of Ed Cooley's coaching prowess?

That would be "genius Coach" Ed Cooley to you!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
KDdidit wrote:

It’s a shame the feds may ban that type of content.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next