It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 pm 

Anyone have the 3? theyre on sale now for $150 or so... very cheap for what you get.

I ask because the Tab 2 is well-known for being great, but there have been issues with the 3 as far as I read. I think it might be why the 3 is so cheap.

I like that the 3 has a front camera and better 3D graphics... but if the 2 is better made then I'll just settle for that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:47 pm 

I have the original and no complaints

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:33 pm 

that gives me no useful information whatsoever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:23 pm 

after lots of reading, fuck the galaxy tab 3. if you can find an nexus 7, 1st or 2nd gen doesnt matter, its better then the galaxy tabs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I camped out since Tuesday to get $5o off the 3! It was well worth it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
bigfan wrote:
I camped out since Tuesday to get $5o off the 3! It was well worth it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Two equally stupid responses have followed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Its Frank, so what can you do

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:38 pm 

what did you pay for the 3? best ive seen is around $130 or so

thing is, i can get a used 1st gen nexus7 for $120 or so, and while it wont have a warranty its still spec'd better then the tab3. and i love hacking and rom'ing my tablets, and the nexus is the easiest to mod out of any tablet out there.

theyre both good though. as long as i dont get tricked into a dumb tab... the kind that only play video basically. if it doesnt have gps and a front camera, forget about it. there are tons of fast cool tablets for $100, but they have no cameras or gps... or sd card slots.. so it severely limits what you might do with it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Looking forward to the Sailfish OS being available to install on Android devices. Sounds like it's based off of Nokia's Maemo OS; which was sorta Debian on a mobile device. You could even install packages with apt-get.

Sailfish OS

I've had several androids in a row and now have the HTC One as well as a Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows mobile OS.

The Nokia is leagues ahead in hardware and is so much faster in the OS/app space that I find using the molasses-slow Android device a pain in comparison. Maybe when HTC pushes out the Kit-Kat update next month the Android device's performance will improve. (from what I understand, Kit-Kat is supposed to reduce resource req/improve speed, so it might even speed up older android devices).

But even beyond speed, there are bugs all over Android and Android apps. Tune-in, for example, is complete shite on Android--can't maintain a stream and crashes all the time. Whereas Tune-in on the WIndows phone works without any hiccups.

Android has a lot more app choices, but how many apps does anyone actually use? Not being twelve or a chick or gay homosexual, I've never seen the point of candy crush or other mobile games. For all I know, they might be available on Nokia's Windows devices.

Windows mobile OS has doubled in market share over the last year, at the expense of both Blackberry and even iOS.

Android's 81% market share (globally) likely will be balkanized next year by other linux for mobiles like Sailfish and Mozilla's upcoming Mozilla OS and then the flood gates will open and google's Android market share will crater. And that will be a very good thing. Java's painfully slow and buggy on the desktop. No idea who thought Java would be a good choice for underpowered mobile devices. Probably the same geniuses who gave us Google X, Google Wave and Google Buzz.

Firefox's OS apps are built in HTML/JS/CSS. Sailfish uses QML for app development. QML is built on QT, one of the contenders for the next gen linux desktop window-manager. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razor-qt

The guys behind gPodder, a great podcatcher app and service, did a FLOSS Weekly recently and basically said they've no desire to port their app to java and android. (tho it might be deployable to android if you root your device and sideload). They have gPodder for mobile devices running in QML (Nokia's N9 Maemo device and Blackberry's new OS run QML apps) and they are sticking to improving their QML version and waiting for the market to come to them.

Beyond Android, the deals running this month on the Nokia 1020, Nokia 1520 phablet and maybe even the Nokia 2520 tablet are worth checking out. You might find that other than for hacking and developing, you'll never wanna touch another buggy, slow Android device again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:22 pm 

I bought a Sansdisk.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Douchebag wrote:
I bought a Sansdisk.

I'm sorry you're poor.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
I bought a Sansdisk.

a 2nd tier brand tablet and youre also going to ohio for a bulls game? fuck man, i understand why suicide is necessary but self inflicted torture is just sic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:36 pm 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Looking forward to the Sailfish OS being available to install on Android devices. Sounds like it's based off of Nokia's Maemo OS; which was sorta Debian on a mobile device. You could even install packages with apt-get.

it will be nice for modders and hobbiests... but nothing is going to stop android unless someone comes up with some new idea feature that hasnt been thought of yet. android, as of 4.0 and later, is pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
IkeSouth wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
I bought a Sansdisk.

a 2nd tier brand tablet and youre also going to ohio for a bulls game? fuck man, i understand why suicide is necessary but self inflicted torture is just sic

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Douchebag wrote:
I bought a Sansdisk.

Hopefully you skipped work to camp outside a K-mart to get it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:31 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
I bought a Sansdisk.

Hopefully you skipped work to camp outside a Goodwill to get it.

ftmffy (fixed that mutha fukka for you)