It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Caller Bob
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
he's gone too now? geez.

He's not. And if Darkside is that desperate to use a racial slur he should do it and see what happens. But that seems dumb at a minimum.

Joe, can I still shit on Islam here?

Come on. I think you're reasonable enough to understand the difference between arguing about ideas and making bigoted comments about people based upon immutable characteristics.

Where does g--k fall ? Arguing about ideas?

What are you after here? Do you want Bob banned? I don't really believe you do. So like I said before, you're just being a dick. I'll throw it out there again for the community. Should Caller Bob be banned?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Maybe he is trying to be a jerk and maybe not. I don't remember Darko being a America guy or something but poking the bear on this is probably expected from someone isn't it?

With the way it is set up and run I fully get you guys want some flexibility for context and any other contributing factors to dealing with this crap. It really should not be a surprise though when someone tries to pin you down on how things are going to be governed smart ass or not.

When you say g--k or any other word it is gonna happen. Anyway, good luck on your endeavors and start sending me winning horses. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:40 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
Maybe he is trying to be a jerk and maybe not. I don't remember Darko being a America guy or something but poking the bear on this is probably expected from someone isn't it?

With the way it is set up and run I fully get you guys want some flexibility for context and any other contributing factors to dealing with this crap. It really should not be a surprise though when someone tries to pin you down on how things are going to be governed smart ass or not.

When you say g--k or any other word it is gonna happen. Anyway, good luck on your endeavors and start sending me winning horses. 8)

As I've said before, this isn't just about Seacrest, Nas, and me. It's about all of us who post here and the kind of board we want to have. And also about potential board members who might come here for the first time and start reading. And about people like Len Kasper who might come here for a Q&A that most people seemed to be thrilled about. Is something like that more or less likely to happen with people given free reign to say "black people are trash", etc.? (Len actually expressed his understanding of message board culture and the way people tend to act when they can remain anonymous. I'm pretty sure not everybody understands/appreciates that.)

Again, does Darkside want to use slurs? I don't believe he does. So why is he worried about a "freebie"? He just wants to play CFMB lawyer the way Juice does. Does he want Caller Bob banned? I don't think so. He just wants to play CFMB lawyer the way Juice does. Does he want Toxic and America reinstated? I'm not sure. Maybe. More likely, he just wants to play CFMB lawyer the way Juice does. I was trying to get at what he wants and I couldn't. Because I don't think he wants anything concrete. He just wants to play CFMB lawyer the way Juice does. And I guess he's doing that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 am 

Yeah you are right. Whether it is playing a JLN lawyer, being actual JLN pretend lawyer, doing the LTG or doing the Brick it is all the same mental masturbation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:11 am 

Darkside wrote:
I will be honest... juice has a point..

right on the top of his head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Didn't chas get a pass for posting that he was going to do nasty things to family members of a poster here? Point being people get warnings first, bans later.

That lying piece of shit also got a pass just recently for using the "N" word and using racial slurs. Seacrest deleted them and posted about it to illustrate the point about Chas's racist ways and not one person chose to comment about it.

It bothered no one other than Seacrest. He shouldn't be the person that has to send the message if people are 'policing" the board.

They have no problem complaining about other shit but for some reason racist rat bastards like that are hands off.

They'd rather provide Psychoanalysis instead or complain about threads running 5 pages or more.

People that openly hate entire groups of people on the other hand are good guys (met him in person after all) and as such should be able to spew as much racist shit as they deem necessary.

In the case of Toxic in particular he stated that he believed blacks should carry their ass back to Africa Said it on numerous occasions. Routinely used homophobic slurs as well as Anti Semitic slurs and very few if any commented about it. His views on Hispanics were well known too.

Bullshit and i say this as a person that is against censorship. Racists have a right to be heard but opposing views regarding racism should be heard also. Rare is the time when it is the racist that ruins someone's reading experience on here however Gloss over that shit as if it were the latest edition of RedEye yet someone bumping the same damn thread in view active topics is somehow cause for great consternation however. Sure it is

You aren't attempting to change their views but hopefully you may change their message board behavior. Ignoring racism is the worst thing that you can do. No one has to become a Civil Rights Activists but there are ways to let people know its not acceptable. Same way they bitch about meaningless bullshit like "Same people arguing all the time" and compounded quote function misuse

However if its causing less people to traffic here and this place (from what i know depends on traffic) then something should be done. Its their show and they have the right to run it as they see fit.

I have no idea where you get the idea that banning people helps traffic here, but I would guess it has the opposite affect. The rest of this is message board martyrdom. If we want a friendlier board with local media stopping by I don't think profanity laced rants like this are the way to go either. Racist names are bad. Routinely calling nearly everyone who disagrees with you a lying piece of shit, and anyone who does not join you in denouncing them an enabler is not much better.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:18 am 

No way Caller Bob should be banned. Eloy Jimenez will be promoted one of these days and I need one last chance to rake him over the coals for being insulting while insisting the Cubs would never trade Eloy for Q.

I guess he was correct as it was Eloy AND Cease!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:19 am 

How bout everyone just stops using slurs? Seems easy enough. You guys are all very smart and well spoken.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:22 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
How bout everyone just stops using slurs? Seems easy enough. You guys are all very smart and well spoken.

What ever happened to the filter changes?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:30 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Debatable. It would be nice to move past racial slurs as some sacred cow that everyone reacts too.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:45 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Debatable. It would be nice to move past racial slurs as some sacred cow that everyone reacts too.

That is something to take up on a larger platform than here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:59 am 

long time guy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Didn't chas get a pass for posting that he was going to do nasty things to family members of a poster here? Point being people get warnings first, bans later.

That lying piece of shit also got a pass just recently for using the "N" word and using racial slurs. Seacrest deleted them and posted about it to illustrate the point about Chas's racist ways and not one person chose to comment about it.

It bothered no one other than Seacrest. He shouldn't be the person that has to send the message if people are 'policing" the board.

They have no problem complaining about other shit but for some reason racist rat bastards like that are hands off.

They'd rather provide Psychoanalysis instead or complain about threads running 5 pages or more.

People that openly hate entire groups of people on the other hand are good guys (met him in person after all) and as such should be able to spew as much racist shit as they deem necessary.

In the case of Toxic in particular he stated that he believed blacks should carry their ass back to Africa Said it on numerous occasions. Routinely used homophobic slurs as well as Anti Semitic slurs and very few if any commented about it. His views on Hispanics were well known too.

Bullshit and i say this as a person that is against censorship. Racists have a right to be heard but opposing views regarding racism should be heard also. Rare is the time when it is the racist that ruins someone's reading experience on here however Gloss over that shit as if it were the latest edition of RedEye yet someone bumping the same damn thread in view active topics is somehow cause for great consternation however. Sure it is

You aren't attempting to change their views but hopefully you may change their message board behavior. Ignoring racism is the worst thing that you can do. No one has to become a Civil Rights Activists but there are ways to let people know its not acceptable. Same way they bitch about meaningless bullshit like "Same people arguing all the time" and compounded quote function misuse

However if its causing less people to traffic here and this place (from what i know depends on traffic) then something should be done. Its their show and they have the right to run it as they see fit.

I have no idea where you get the idea that banning people helps traffic here, but I would guess it has the opposite affect. The rest of this is message board martyrdom. If we want a friendlier board with local media stopping by I don't think profanity laced rants like this are the way to go either. Racist names are bad. Routinely calling nearly everyone who disagrees with you a lying piece of shit, and anyone who does not join you in denouncing them an enabler is not much better.

Generalizing (and lying) as if i call everyone that does that "a lying piece of shit" doesn't help the situation either. It was very specific to those that purposely lied and not just lied but lied in order to get me removed from this message board.

People that do things such as that are pieces of shit. Chas has been doing this shit for about 2-3 years..

You are an enabler if you never have criticized him for it yet whenever you speak find a different way to excuse it.

At no point did i ever ask that he be removed from this board and i also was pretty reluctant to call him on his racism. I can only remember having done it once and it was related to something racist that he had done.

Even when the sex offending stuff came up i didn't advocate for his rat bastard ass to be banned. Not once. Check the damn tape. Each time someone has been called on it by Management he has chosen to include me in it for the purpsose of excusing his and other people's racism on here.

I took the high road previously. No more. I don't expect nor do i wish for anyone, most certainly not excuse making guys like you or Pittmike to ride to the rescue.

This isn't an isolated incident for him or that other liar JLN. It has been on going and after awhile it was time that i simply said enough. They attempted to remove me from this place by making shit up that i never said and if they are going to do things like that then yes they are lying pieces of shit.

Again profanity is troublesome but we will defend people's free speech rights when it comes to "blacks being trash" or "slant" or "anti Semitism" Even more egregious than that is this. The rampant level of Islamic hatred that goes on here whenever this particular topic arises.

Biases are bad and rather than engaging and finding different ways to exhibit and conversely excuse them do as RPB suggested and simply say nothing that is prejudiced.

Its ironic that everyone expects people to look past racism and bias when they can't even seem to handle someone calling a lying racist piece of shit (Chas) for what he is.

If anyone should have been banned from this place it should have been him. For numerous offenses at that. I never advocated for it and for the most part i tried to ignore him. No more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:11 am 

long time guy wrote:
Generalizing (and lying) as if i call everyone that does that "a lying piece of shit" doesn't help the situation either. It was very specific to those that purposely lied and not just lied but lied in order to get me removed from this message board.

People that do things such as that are pieces of shit. Chas has been doing this shit for about 2-3 years..

You are an enabler if you never have criticized him for it yet whenever you speak find a different way to excuse it.

At no point did i ever ask that he be removed from this board and i also was pretty reluctant to call him on his racism. I can only remember having done it once and it was related to something racist that he had done.

Even when the sex offending stuff came up i didn't advocate for his rat bastard ass to be banned. Not once. Check the damn tape. Each time someone has been called on it by Management he has chosen to include me in it for the purpsose of excusing his and other people's racism on here.

I took the high road previously. No more. I don't expect nor do i wish for anyone, most certainly not excuse making guys like you or Pittmike to ride to the rescue.

This isn't an isolated incident for him or that other liar JLN. It has been on going and after awhile it was time that i simply said enough. They attempted to remove me from this place by making shit up that i never said and if they are going to do things like that then yes they are lying pieces of shit.

Again profanity is troublesome but we will defend people's free speech rights when it comes to "blacks being trash" or "slant" or "anti Semitism" Even more egregious than that is this. The rampant level of Islamic hatred that goes on here whenever this particular topic arises.

Biases are bad and rather than engaging and finding different ways to exhibit and conversely excuse them do as RPB suggested and simply say nothing that is prejudiced.

Its ironic that everyone expects people to look past racism and bias when they can't even seem to handle someone calling a lying racist piece of shit (Chas) for what he is.

If anyone should have been banned from this place it should have been him. For numerous offenses at that. I never advocated for it and for the most part i tried to ignore him. No more.

Great. I challenge you to say "nothing that is prejudiced" going forward. And everyone has to agree on it too.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I have an emerging bias for which I am actively seeking help. The bias is against orange people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
I have an emerging bias for which I am actively seeking help. The bias is against orange people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Is that the odd duck from Jersey Shore? I think I watched that show a few times...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Is that the odd duck from Jersey Shore? I think I watched that show a few times...

Why am I not surprised...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

^This is what mental illness looks like.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:38 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

The guy that advocates for the murder of doctors and cops and who has decided to hitch his wagon to a habitually lying, sex offending, racist sack of shit is lecturing someone on sanity? I'm glad to know that there aren't any limits to your biases and surely everyone else knows also (If they didn't know it before).
This is the second week in a row that you have decided to join in with likes is this fuckup and you think that what you say going forward is supposed to have credibility?

This is about the 30th time in a row your clown ass has decided to chime in unsolicited yet you think that is somehow normal behavior. If you allow a dude that doesn't ever interact with you to get you that agitated then maybe it is you that needs help.

You really are fucked up and guys like BRick and One Post had you pegged a while ago.

I would bump some of your greatest hits but I don't want to upset Pittmike. LEt the record show that it was this clown that chose to once again follow me around this board and not the other way around. Had to say that before the usual suspects chime in to defend this clown.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

The guy that advocates for the murder of doctors and cops and who has decided to hitch his wagon to a habitually lying, sex offending, racist sack of shit is lecturing someone on sanity? I'm glad to know that there aren't any limits to your biases and surely everyone else knows also (If they didn't know it before).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:47 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Image[/quote]

That gif has been beat to death. Get new material.

That Gif has been beat to death. Find new material.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
long time guy wrote:

:lol: :lol:

In before the edit!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:50 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
long time guy wrote:

In before the edit!

:lol: :lol: Yeah a little Johnny two times on that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What ever happened to the filter changes?

There was a filter?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
I, for one, think a good way to post here going forward is to stop right before you click that "Submit" button and ask yourself "what would Len Kasper think of my post?" because whatever privilege we enjoyed posting on a Len-Kasper-Free board has gone by the wayside as we enter a brave new world of accountability knowing that any post here can potentially be read by Len Kasper. #WWLD?

Len Kasper takes in the latest round of LTG vs JLN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
long time guy wrote:

In before the edit!

If there was still a podcast I think you reading some of your best rants would be a great segment. This place really is what the old Score used to be.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
long time guy wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
long time guy wrote:

In before the edit!

If there was still a podcast I think you reading some of your best rants would be a great segment. This place really is what the old Score used to be.

Who would be a crazy voice to read ltg's long posts? I'm not saying they are bad, but it would be funny to have, say, Gilbert Gotfried or Wallace Shawn or Carol Channing read them

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is Bob banned yet?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
tommy wrote:
Who would be a crazy voice to read ltg's long posts? I'm not saying they are bad, but it would be funny to have, say, Gilbert Gotfried or Wallace Shawn or Carol Channing read them

Tracy Morgan Freeman? LTG's posts--well-worth reading. Whether LTG's writing about hoops, politics, meta-board-bs, etc, his posts 'most always illuminate some aspect of the topic I hadn't considered, backed up with more than bare imo/ymmv reasoning. And LTG posts challenge my lazy, habitual thinking on various topics and make me step outside my usual comfort zones, as do many posters here; which makes this place more valuable than a facebook group circle-jerk or discord echo-chamber.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
Is Bob banned yet?

Darko wishes. I bet he's tired of me running roughshod on him in the gun debates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next