It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:47 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:

Anyways. Mannelly is a smart pick for ratings, bad for me listening.

Worked great when they gave Dan Hampton a show.

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'm wondering if a guy like drinky or even Rozner defects now.

Maybe waiting to see if they got the job and now see the writing on the wall and take a better opportunity.

I mean, they got passed over by a guy who has done 3 shows in his life.
Better question is if this wasn't the cusp of Bears season and it was say Spring Training, does Mannelly get the gig still?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Scorehead wrote:
You better believe that most Score hosts will be reading this board tonight & a couple of them will chime in.

No one will say anything.

I'm wondering if a guy like drinky or even Rozner defects now.

Maybe waiting to see if they got the job and now see the writing on the wall and take a better opportunity.

I mean, they got passed over by a guy who has done 3 shows in his life.
This is why pretty much every home grown Score talent has jumped ship at the first chance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Peoria Matt wrote:
I cannot believe that I used to like B and B. What a fucking little douchebag he is.

I'm probably as close to walking lock-step with that thought without actually being there.

I mean, let's say that Danny Mac was a real jerkoff to work with ... I don't know that we have to spend a great deal of time and treasure to get ourselves to that point, but he wasn't fistfucking other guys' wives, so ... all things in perspective.

What does that guy get, other than prurient jollies and maybe a handjob from Rod, from breaking bad on someone that had zero to do with anything he did? I mean, I could see (albeit disagree almost entirely) if Spiegs wanted to say this or that about someone he actually worked with. But this clown, he has his own feathered nest that has nothing to do with DaMaNaaaaah and for shits and giggles or to impress the big white body sitting next to him or the aforementioned jollies and handy, or something, breaks bad on a guy who has actually done something in radio besides pretend there's something bigger and better in his future. Like CH said much better than I, this was truly beyond the pale.

Thank the fucking maker for Pandora & Ad-Blocker Plus.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Northside_Dan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I hope Mcneil responds.

God forbid Bernstein ever had to overcome anything in his own damn life. I understand that Mcneil is a prima donna sometimes, but Bernstein doesn't realize how lucky he is to have lived the life he's lived with family, money, and what appears to be a lack of many personal demons. Mcneil obviously suffers from some sort of depression, addiction, and a lack of motivation at times. It's easy to sit in an ivory tower and critique the guy until you've gone through some of it yourself. I hope the minute Dan has to take off extended time, Zim fires him.

It's pretty easy to say that someone doesn't have 'personal demons' just because they don't have very public and open abscenses from their job because of it. This truly isn't a shot at Mac, everyone has their issues, their past, their breaking points etc. Would probably be best not to be so quick to judge.

Anyways. Mannelly is a smart pick for ratings, bad for me listening.

That's why I said "appears"; however, it's obvious in following Bernstein over the years and meeting him a couple times that he is relatively blessed to have the chemical balances he has. He seems to genuinely enjoy spending time with his family, enjoys work, and definitely has no qualms about telling others how stupid they are, which shows a great deal of confidence. Many are not so fortunate, so he should just keep his mouth shut. Even if he felt that way, it's a stupid thing to say and just shows what a punk he is. I would LOVE to see someone jack him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:49 pm 

Dan is just mad because Mac tried to take his job.

I have no doubt that Boers and Mac was what Mac wanted. It would have been pretty great too. It however, had about .0001% of a chance of happening.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bernstein's comments about the Manelly hiring were priceless. As he informed us, he congratulated his bosses on the Manelly hiring by reminding them that "you can't teach intelligence," meaning that Manelly has inherent ability lacking in many sports radio talkers. The irony here is that he said the same thing about Maya Galvin when he dubbed her champion of a past Score Search competition. Whoops!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:52 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
I cannot believe that I used to like B and B. What a fucking little douchebag he is.

I'm probably as close to walking lock-step with that thought without actually being there.

I mean, let's say that Danny Mac was a real jerkoff to work with ... I don't know that we have to spend a great deal of time and treasure to get ourselves to that point, but he wasn't fistfucking other guys' wives, so ... all things in perspective.

What does that guy get, other than prurient jollies and maybe a handjob from Rod, from breaking bad on someone that had zero to do with anything he did? I mean, I could see (albeit disagree almost entirely) if Spiegs wanted to say this or that about someone he actually worked with. But this clown, he has his own feathered nest that has nothing to do with DaMaNaaaaah and for shits and giggles or to impress the big white body sitting next to him or the aforementioned jollies and handy, or something, breaks bad on a guy who has actually done something in radio besides pretend there's something bigger and better in his future. Like CH said much better than I, this was truly beyond the pale.

Thank the fucking maker for Pandora & Ad-Blocker Plus.

Spot on. When does Bernstein even have to deal with Mcneil other than 10 minutes a day during cross talk? And he should probably take a look at his partner, who doesn't even watch sports and calls in for his own show. Bernstein is lucky. Very lucky. And many of his criticisms of others are nauseating solely because of how oblivious he is to the luck he has.

pizza_Place: A few...
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I have no doubt that Boers and Mac was what Mac wanted. It would have been pretty great too. It however, had about .0001% of a chance of happening.

You nailed it there, BRick. How dare Mac try and break up "the longest running show in Chicago sports talk history".

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Tall Midget wrote:
Bernstein's comments about the Manelly hiring were priceless. As he informed us, he congratulated his bosses on the Manelly hiring by reminding them that "you can't teach intelligence," meaning that Manelly has inherent ability lacking in many sports radio talkers. The irony here is that he said the same thing about Maya Galvin when he dubbed her champion of a past Score Search competition. Whoops!

Don't forget that Dan was a big supporter off Steven Berger too.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 pm 

Awful and embarrassing decision. Hope nobody listens, and both get fired. The one position on the football field, that I have zero respect for. He doesn't know anything besides football, and will be a kiss ass like ZZ.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:54 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't think you can really take any of those comments seriously. What is he supposed to say? "This is a terrible hire"?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Bernstein's comments about the Manelly hiring were priceless. As he informed us, he congratulated his bosses on the Manelly hiring by reminding them that "you can't teach intelligence," meaning that Manelly has inherent ability lacking in many sports radio talkers.

The better part was that his exact words were "you can't teach smart." Some people don't think it's very smart to use an adjective as a noun when there's already a perfectly good noun that works!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Yeah I think Dan has a sandy vagina because Mac was probably trying to manuever behind the scenes to the afternoon drive time slot.

It's odd that people are killing Dan over this considering lots of people on here have said similar things about Mac and Meat not showing up and not taking their jobs seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:58 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
It's odd that people are killing Dan over this considering lots of people on here have said similar things about Mac and Meat not showing up and not taking their jobs seriously.

I don't think it's very similar at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I don't think it's very similar at all.

Yeah ... it's similar in that you and I are similar in that we both have two ears.

That said, even if it were the same thing, I'm not one of the absolute mouth-breathing dopes that spend time worrying about how much vacation time someone else has.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Of course Berns is going to take a shot at Mac. Mac tried to take his slot. That is a no-brainer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:02 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Of course Berns is going to take a shot at Mac. Mac tried to take his slot. That is a no-brainer.

Then maybe he should make his shot a little more direct instead of couching it in sucking up to his bosses. That's a no-ballser.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Why do you think he was talking about the addicition? Did he specifically mention it? I've been stuck in meetings all day and havent had a chance to flip it on. It sounds like he was annoyed by the amount of leniency Mac had with his bosses. Sure it's petty but do expect anything less out of BernStine?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Woodstocks
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't think you can really take any of those comments seriously. What is he supposed to say? "This is a terrible hire"?

While I wouldn't expect Dan to say this is doomed from the start, why did this have to be so anti-climatic? It just leaves such a bad taste in the mouth. A few weeks ago when Manelly said "now that I'm an employee" why not make this announcement then or right after it was determined that Mac wasn't coming back. Why the fake anticipation. In my world, and maybe I'm broadcasting stupid, this doesn't get WSCR any closer to a championship, which, after all, is the whole point.

At the very least, it's extremely unprofessional from a guy who constantly preaches "professionalism". Mac isn't even there anymore.

pizza_Place: giordanos
I find it ironic that at time per Bernsie management was to host friendly. I am going to go out on a limb and assume Mitch and or Rod took a ton of shit and shielded Bernsie during the year of Sandusky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Another thing Bernsie, if he is true to what he says publicly, shouldn't have a problem with is Mac maneuvering. Mac had a chance to do it and had a pro agent work for what is best. Is that not what Bernsie preaches?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dan is just mad because Mac tried to take his job..

This is truth.

Mitch pursued Dan Mc Neil to re up his contract. That is the polar opposite of wanting to fire him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:10 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Why do you think he was talking about the addicition? Did he specifically mention it? I've been stuck in meetings all day and havent had a chance to flip it on. It sounds like he was annoyed by the amount of leniency Mac had with his bosses. Sure it's petty but do expect anything less out of BernStine?

It's none of Dan's fucking business to what extent Mitch stood by Mac. Yeah, Mac has struggled with depression and addiction and raising a son with significant challenges. Mac has also mastered the art of creating a genuine bond with the listener in the most intimate broadcast medium there is, and in doing so, has made money for his bosses -- the very thing Dan just said is always the most important thing to Score bosses. Perhaps all that adds up to a person worth standing by. When losing that person for significant periods of time causes the ratings to tailspin as they did last year and are right now, it's hard to call that loyalty "to a fault," but Dan went ahead and did it anyway. He should have welcomed Mannelly, wished him well, and shut his mouth before thinking to thank poor Rod Zimmerman for courageously getting rid of a co-worker. What a miserable prick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The most hilarious part of this is that they didn't even have Spiegel call in. :lol:

That was kind of amazing. I know the guy is on vacation but some jobs don't get hassle-free vacations.

I've taken an entire week off maybe 3 times in my life and each one of those required at least a few calls to deal with issues that arose.

And my job is not nearly to the level of responsibility of sports radio host.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The most hilarious part of this is that they didn't even have Spiegel call in. :lol:

That was kind of amazing. I know the guy is on vacation but some jobs don't get hassle-free vacations.

I've taken an entire week off maybe 3 times in my life and each one of those required at least a few calls to deal with issues that arose.

And my job is not nearly to the level of responsibility of sports radio host.
Spiegel was tweeting about it at the time too. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
Did Bernsie actually call Mac out by name? Or did he just making vague allusions to "a former host".

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next