It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
SpiralStairs wrote:
BD wrote:
I don't see Goff as a splash, so who would be on the splash list?

Daryl Hannah?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
How has Beardown not mentioned the Mannelly/Bernstein Duke connection?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:56 am 

Quadrophenia wrote:
This pair to me speaks of something short-term. I really can't imagine Spiegs and Mannelly talking extensively about Bulls and Hawks, or covering spring training.

IMO, if you had a decision to make between Rozner, Drinky, and Mannelly, the problem isn't who they decided on, its who the contenders were in the first place.

The station is totally devoid of talent. It will be interesting how long they sit by as they get killed in the mornings w/ this pairing.

I don't think it's fair to say they screwed up with Mac. Give him everything he wants? He wants 300 days of vacation. You can't build a show around that.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Let's not forget that Mac has sucked out loud since re-joining the Score. He hasnt been the same since ESPN days. This isnt like they replaced him at the top of his game. He was gone a lot and when he was in he was mailing it in every bit as bad as Terry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
BD wrote:
As much as this choice is a desperate move to appeal to Bears fans,

I keep hearing this said, and I've found myself wondering when the fuck did Pat become Brian Piccolo?

I mean, he was on the team for 14 years. And what happened during those 14 years? A super bowl appearance. Fine. Very little of that had to do with him. He's good at what he does. What he does is not scoring, preventing scoring, or teaching our nation's children to read.

Oh, he'll provide insight through the eyes of a former player. Well whooptie-shit, Herman. I can't wait to hear about those special teams meetings where he was told to throw the ball 10-17 yards through his legs. Besides, most former players are a fucking nightmare to listen to. For every Doug & OB, there's a Joe Cain and Dan Hampton ... maybe two, three, even four times as many.

I have no reason to think he's anything but a nice, personable fella. Well, whooptie-shit part 2. Why'd you hire Manellty, Mitch? Well, he's a nice guy. Is he good at radio? <shrug> Bob-like 'I dunno'.

I wonder how long until the Spanish stations start overtaking them in the ratings. ¡Viva La Ley!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Great American
badrogue17 wrote:
Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
Its the same thing with all the guys who lost out to Mannelly on the midday show sweepstakes. Guys who've been at this as long as Rozner and Abbatacola can be pissed at the Score all they want but they should think first what it says about them that Pat Mannelly walked in off the streets and took the slot with a much smaller try-out than guys who've been on-air for years.
Disagree. If this isn't the start of football season and Mannelly isn't a former Bear, no way he gets the gig.

Oh most definitely, but if that little bit of nothing was enough to get him the gig over guys who have been with the Score for so long, I think that says something about the guys who get passed over. If it wasn't football season it could have just as easily been a former Cub or White Sox or a former Bull or even a former Blackhawk. If one of the tryout guys was truly worth while the Score could have at least put together a three man show.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:

I keep hearing this said, and I've found myself wondering when the fuck did Pat become Brian Piccolo?

This is so easy to answer. He is a Bear, look at the run ex-Bears have in this town. Hell, the 85 Bears are still celebrated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
noname2011 wrote:
[ Hell, the 85 Bears are still celebrated.

That is because they actually accomplished something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
Hatchetman wrote:
noname2011 wrote:
[ Hell, the 85 Bears are still celebrated.

That is because they actually accomplished something.

I am not arguing against the accomplishment, my point is that since he is a ex-Bear he is treated like royalty.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
noname2011 wrote:
I am not arguing against the accomplishment, my point is that since he is a ex-Bear he is treated like royalty.

I'm not sure I buy into that statement. What non-85 Bear actually gets treated like royalty?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Let's not forget that Mac has sucked out loud since re-joining the Score. He hasnt been the same since ESPN days. This isnt like they replaced him at the top of his game. He was gone a lot and when he was in he was mailing it in every bit as bad as Terry.

Sure he was but like Boers, he's allowed to do those things and wasn't fucked with because he still brought ratings. No one has contributed less and been on auto pilot more than Boers yet he still has a job because at least until recently the ratings were good.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Don Tiny wrote:
For every Doug & OB, there's a Joe Cain and Dan Hampton ... maybe two, three, even four times as many.

Well, that's the interesting thing about Doug and O'B, they played in a time when after your career was over, you had to become a normal person. Sure, someone might comp you dinner or a drink, but that was about as far as it went. The younger guys have never actually lived real lives.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11