It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
badrogue17 wrote:
shakes wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
shakes wrote:
On that note yesterday I bought the top rated golf cart speaker

Youre gonna be that guy huh ?

the guy with the best and loudest speaker on the course blasting country music for all to hear while also smoking copious amounts of weed all while shooting in the low to mid 80s? Yea, I'll happily be that guy.

I mean, someone has to bring the white trash to the course.

you're god damned right! I also refuse to tuck my shirt in.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
shakes wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
shakes wrote:
golf trip to South Bend next weekend. I've decided to go in completely cold with no rounds/swings under my belt since August and instead focus the next week on making other improvements to my game. On that note yesterday I bought the top rated golf cart speaker and a few pairs of shorts, elastic waist of course cause no fucking way I'm ever going to break my long time boycott of belts.

Today I'm gonna look at shoes.

Nice, where are you playing?

my buddy is a member at South Bend CC so we'll be playing there all day Friday and then Sunday morning. For the Saturday round we are playing the Warren Notre Dame course because one of our guys is observant orthodox Jew so he can't ride in a car on Saturday. Warren course is 4 miles from my buddy's house so our Super Jew friend can ride a bike to and from the course and then walk along side our golf carts during the round. Never played the Warren, but hear its nice.

Played the Warren a bunch in school; front half is kind of linksy and the back half a lot more wooded. 18 is a fun hole. Long dog leg left downhill, creek cuts the fairway right around a typical landing area, which forces you to either swing as hard as you possibly can or be a little bitch.

There’s a hill behind the tips we used to hit from; tee off up there and it feels like you’re playing it from the toll road.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 3:06 pm 

shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:
golf trip to South Bend next weekend. I've decided to go in completely cold with no rounds/swings under my belt since August and instead focus the next week on making other improvements to my game. On that note yesterday I bought the top rated golf cart speaker and a few pairs of shorts, elastic waist of course cause no fucking way I'm ever going to break my long time boycott of belts.

my buddy is a member at South Bend CC so we'll be playing there all day Friday and then Sunday morning. For the Saturday round we are playing the Warren Notre Dame course because one of our guys is observant orthodox Jew so he can't ride in a car on Saturday. Warren course is 4 miles from my buddy's house so our Super Jew friend can ride a bike to and from the course and then walk along side our golf carts during the round. Never played the Warren, but hear its nice.

Played the Warren a bunch in school; front half is kind of linksy and the back half a lot more wooded. 18 is a fun hole. Long dog leg left downhill, creek cuts the fairway right around a typical landing area, which forces you to either swing as hard as you possibly can or be a little bitch.

There’s a hill behind the tips we used to hit from; tee off up there and it feels like you’re playing it from the toll road.

at my age and with my resume of back surgeries I'm trying to tee off as close as possible to the hole, not the other way around :lol:

Sounds like a tale of 2 nines. Looking forward to it. You played the other well known course in town, think its called Blackthorn or something like that. Also supposed to be really nice. I've played SBCC a bunch of times, great course.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:

at my age and with my resume of back surgeries I'm trying to tee off as close as possible to the hole, not the other way around :lol:

Sounds like a tale of 2 nines. Looking forward to it. You played the other well known course in town, think its called Blackthorn or something like that. Also supposed to be really nice. I've played SBCC a bunch of times, great course.

Played Blackthorn, never the country club. Nice course with a couple fun holes and relatively hilly for the area. There’s a big par 5 somewhere on the front with a beach surrounding the last hundred or so yards. Seem to recall spending a lot of time there. Back half has a decent amount of water; if i played there again, I’d be playing out of the “found ball” pocket on my bag after the turn.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Looking forward to getting out this weekend. Been on the struggle bus of late so would like to break out of that. Seems to happen every year, just varies in length before snapping out of it. A bit cool in the morning but teeing off by 5:50 is worth it. Course has been in great shape and I'd assume it will be a little wet from the rain this week. I think it's been cart path only or 90 degrees every round but one this season.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Rainy and shitty here all weekend. No golf or boat.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Unless the weather changes, on Monday I'm trying a new older (1929) course just 4 miles south of downtown Raleigh. $25 for 9 holes riding without having to wait for twilight. I've avoided it because I assumed it would be a 6 hour slog like Fresh Meadow in Westchester, but for a Monday late morning I can put up with a slower pace as an experiment.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Had my best 9 hole score 2 days ago at Carillon then today I literally lost the ability to propel the ball forward at the range . Chunks, shanks straight right , thins, fats. I could not get the ball off the fucking ground unless it was on a tee. Even half and quarter swings were of no use. Have no idea what the hell happened.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
badrogue17 wrote:
Had my best 9 hole score 2 days ago at Carillon then today I literally lost the ability to propel the ball forward at the range . Chunks, shanks straight right , thins, fats. I could not get the ball off the fucking ground unless it was on a tee. Even half and quarter swings were of no use. Have no idea what the hell happened.

Happens to all of us. Shrug it off, you will find your swing again.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Golf. Golf happened.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 8:52 am 

heading to South Bend after work for a weekend of golf. Two rounds tomorrow at South Bend CC, Saturday round at the Warren and then back to SBCC on Sunday. In between hit the golf sim in my buddy's former dining room while watching Stanley Cup playoffs. Also throwing in a shabbot dinner at my buddy's parents house Friday night, a tradition we've been part of since 2013.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 8:54 am 

shakes wrote:
heading to South Bend after work for a weekend of golf. Two rounds tomorrow at South Bend CC, Saturday round at the Warren and then back to SBCC on Sunday. In between hit the golf sim in my buddy's former dining room while watching Stanley Cup playoffs. Also throwing in a shabbot dinner at my buddy's parents house Friday night, a tradition we've been part of since 2013.

Sounds like a good time. Hope you have nice weather and enjoy your buddies.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 11:08 am 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

Sounds like a good time. Hope you have nice weather and enjoy your buddies.

weather forecasts says our worst day will be Friday when it's supposed to be high of 77 and partly sunny. Next two days are supposed to be sunny and 80s.

Everything coming up Millhouse...

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:53 am 

Had a great time and amazing weather in South Bend this weekend. First time swinging a club since August when I cut my season off after having a few shanks. Been thinking of those shanks all off season. Got on the course and shanked one of course. But battled out of it over the first few rounds and by round 4 my confidence on wedge shots was back 100%. Drove the ball very consistently all weekend. Did well around the greens, but was inconsistent day to day with putting.

Played 36 holes on Friday at SBCC and shot 94 and 93.

18 at the Warren on Saturday and shot 86 with 4 missed 3 footers on the back.

Dialed it in even better on Sunday back at SBCC with an 82.

Very happy about the improvement throughout the weekend. I think I have about 2 weekends left before my big golf trip. Gonna try and get out a few more times, but if this was the last golf I play before that trip I won't be upset. Feel good heading into the tournament.

BTW, the Warren is a very nice course. If you are ever in SB or just driving by and have time I highly recommend.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Looks like it took 2 rounds to shake off the rust. Glad you came out of the weekend injury free.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Made the mistake of playing Big Run this weekend. I had no business being on that course. Far beyond my skill level. Granted I haven’t played a lot of different courses, but I’ve never seen rough as bad as that. It was like a two shot penalty every time you went into it, and I’m just not good enough to stay in the fairway all the time. It was fun being out with my buddies, but playing that course wasn’t a lot of fun.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Other than The Magnolia at Disney World, Big Run is the toughest course I have ever played. Its a cool layout with topography you don't get much on courses in our area, but yeah if you aren't straight off the tee it sets up for a brutal round. Its generally a 5+ hour round too partly because of it being quite long and difficult. That said on the beast that is #9, I got a par once and have never done worse than bogey so go figure.

Played 9 holes Saturday afternoon at Oak Hills in Palos and hit the ball much better overall. Bad swing with a lost ball on a par 3, along with a duffed shot then a stupid 4 putt on the 9th lead to a 45...should have been a 41 or 42. Oh well. The weather was just outstanding. It was warm, but not oppressive. Little to no wind, brilliant sunshine, and with all of the rain the last couple weeks the course was just in amazing condition. Rough was thick but not so you couldn't hit out of it. Greens were quick, but receptive, fair, and rolled true. We had to wait a little bit, but we were only a threesome following two foursomes so not a big deal. Drove the ball well, hit the irons just ok but better than the last few rounds. Outside of the 9th hole, my short game was great. Was just a wonderful afternoon despite the two big numbers on the card.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 1:22 pm 

Started to break out and play a bit better this weekend after a handful of frustrating rounds. The rough up here has been lush and thick as well. They cut it this weekend and there were still at least 4 or 5 times it took 4 guys more than a few minutes to find a ball. Courses in very nice condition other than trying to fix the usual 5 or 6 ball marks on every green. Probably going to take Friday off and make it a 4 day weekend but I will have to keep an eye on the weather. If I can get out 3 of the 4 days, will be at 20 rounds before end of May which is pretty good most years.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 1:58 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Made the mistake of playing Big Run this weekend. I had no business being on that course. Far beyond my skill level. Granted I haven’t played a lot of different courses, but I’ve never seen rough as bad as that. It was like a two shot penalty every time you went into it, and I’m just not good enough to stay in the fairway all the time. It was fun being out with my buddies, but playing that course wasn’t a lot of fun.

often referred to as Big Fun, it's a crazy course. They keep the greens very slow because if they cut them normally the rounds would go from 5 hours to 7 probably.

No driving range, but hands down teh best bacon egg and cheese sandwich at any course in the state.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5