It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Levine
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Now for some reason I miss Dave Baum.

We must be about the same age.

He's still around.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

When I moved back to Illinois in the late 1990s and was playing golf every weekend somewhere out in the "collar counties" before GolfNow became a thing for solo golfers, Dave was the voice of sanity on Saturday morning.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

When I moved back to Illinois in the late 1990s and was playing golf every weekend somewhere out in the "collar counties" before GolfNow became a thing for solo golfers, Dave was the voice of sanity on Saturday morning.

The production values on that show were outstanding.

For a few years in the early 2000's, that was highest rated show by percentage that the Score had.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 5:33 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)
Curious Hair wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
ZZ was an update / fill-in host long before he became a team schill. He had plenty of opportunity to express his God-awful sports thoughts on the air. I heard plenty of them. Awful.

Mitch once tried to make a Saturday morning show out of Zach, Drinky, and I want to say Brian Paruch. The "young guns" of the Score, except by 2008 Drinky was probably like 40. I think it was supposed to be a soft launch for a new morning show if Mully and Hanley didn't work, but they did, and the experiment was never spoken of again, at least by anyone but me.

Even with the reliable Brian Paruch, it was really, really bad.

My memory was it being Zack, Drinky, and Holmes. They were doing Saturday mornings and additional fill-ins as a regular group for a few months. I vaguely recall new headshots for the three of them together, probably seen on a station MySpace account then, being another subtle hint of this being an attempt for more prominence down the line. It didn’t last long… after those few months, they never did shows together again.

Interestingly, Holmes discussed this on his House of L pod when he had Matty on a few years ago. Apparently, Matt had no showed one of those early shifts, which contributed to a rift between the two of them then.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
the supposed cub/baseball savant had no clue about the repercussions of the cubs calling up ss/2b vazquez. told us that counsell earns $8 million a year to decide. can't fellate a DFA, so, no use in attempting to answer.

m&h told him "great stuff", as they bid him farewell for telling us nothing.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:07 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
the supposed cub/baseball savant had no clue about the repercussions of the cubs calling up ss/2b vazquez. told us that counsell earns $8 million a year to decide. can't fellate a DFA, so, no use in attempting to answer.

m&h told him "great stuff", as they bid him farewell for telling us nothing.

great stuff

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 10:51 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Martin wrote:
My memory was it being Zack, Drinky, and Holmes. They were doing Saturday mornings and additional fill-ins as a regular group for a few months. I vaguely recall new headshots for the three of them together, probably seen on a station MySpace account then, being another subtle hint of this being an attempt for more prominence down the line. It didn’t last long… after those few months, they never did shows together again.

Interestingly, Holmes discussed this on his House of L pod when he had Matty on a few years ago. Apparently, Matt had no showed one of those early shifts, which contributed to a rift between the two of them then.

Wow, coming up big with the correction. Thanks. Leery being the third one instead of Paruch makes the whole thing funnier somehow. Mitch would try anything.

Also funnier is not that the trio failed due to its own badness but because Drinky just couldn't be bothered to show up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5