It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:59 pm 

Holes brought it in that opening segment, props to him. Sounded like shots at the station/company for the Score House shit. Bernstein is a pussy, he will never step out on the company. Holmes does need to understand though, Julie is awful. He has always been a Julie and Maggie ass kisser. Not sure why Conner gets love either. He's been shitty for years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
schmitty1121 wrote:
Holes brought it in that opening segment, props to him. Sounded like shots at the station/company for the Score House shit. Bernstein is a pussy, he will never step out on the company. Holmes does need to understand though, Julie is awful. He has always been a Julie and Maggie ass kisser. Not sure why Conner gets love either. He's been shitty for years.

McDoink gets love from Holmes as years ago he was his producer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I listened to Finfer’s on air blowup when he found out the Game was done. I had forgotten that Doink was part of that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
denisdman wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
From Feder:

"Employees making more than $50,000 were given pay cuts of 10 to 20 percent."

I suspect that with contractual employees had to be asked. But the company has recourse if they say no, ala Goff.

There were valid criticisms mixed in with his usual weirdness. No question Larry wasn't putting up an act.

“I’ll get mad if anyone calls the station a family.”

that's larry in a nutshell. he's right and of course he delivers it will the tough guy larry act.

that is loho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Was Lawrence's larger point really "don't call us a family then fire people"? Did he say what he thinks management should have done differently in the face of a rather sudden and, as of 2 months ago, unforeseen financial crisis which could quickly turn into a depression?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Was Lawrence's larger point really "don't call us a family then fire people"? Did he say what he thinks management should have done differently in the face of a rather sudden and, as of 2 months ago, unforeseen financial crisis which could quickly turn into a depression?

That was exactly his point. KW is right. It’s just the way Larry is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I didn't hear the show.

But based on everyone else's comments, Larry is not understanding the bigger picture: if MLB ends up canceling their season and the NFL doesn't start training camps until say October, 670 is going to be simulcasting XRT by July 4.

One of my last flights was in mid March, it was a regional jet and it had 6 people on it. The flight attendants were cracking jokes about it being so light, and moved everyone up into first class for the 45 minute flight. Today, the entire regional jet base at Raleigh is closed, nearly 75 flights a day. And it may not come back when offices reopen.

Larry doesn't understand that he is two steps away from teaching with Herb at IMS.

LOL those IMS ad reads were always grim, but after this? Holy shit!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Every employer in the country is making really hard decisions right now. Larry can take his little class warfare bullshit and shove it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:50 pm 

Parkins is going to catch a beating once they get back to the studio, breaking bad on Holmes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza

His example was Rick Camp was fired right before or during (it was unclear) Laurence's show. Family wouldn't do that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:53 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Parkins is going to catch a beating once they get back to the studio, breaking bad on Holmes.

What he say? What hour?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
conns7901 wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

What he say? What hour?

must have been in between diaper changing stories

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

What he say? What hour?

2nd segment of the 3:00. Was talking about the family stuff Holmes was hating on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
schmitty1121 wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

What he say? What hour?

2nd segment of the 3:00. Was talking about the family stuff Holmes was hating on.

Well with no sports, why not drive up a little radio drama bullshit?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

Good move would’ve been to shitcan him to save Jules and Camp, then promote Julie to his shift . Still would’ve saved money and the 2 family members Leery cares so much about . Fall on your sword bro if you’re that upset at “ management “ .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:

His example was Rick Camp was fired right before or during (it was unclear) Laurence's show. Family wouldn't do that.

Lawrence is right.

Calling it a family during good times and then firing them after having them come in is hypocritical.

What should management do? Eat losses for the good of the family.

Or shut the fuck up about being a family.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
denisdman wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I didn't hear the show.

But based on everyone else's comments, Larry is not understanding the bigger picture: if MLB ends up canceling their season and the NFL doesn't start training camps until say October, 670 is going to be simulcasting XRT by July 4.

One of my last flights was in mid March, it was a regional jet and it had 6 people on it. The flight attendants were cracking jokes about it being so light, and moved everyone up into first class for the 45 minute flight. Today, the entire regional jet base at Raleigh is closed, nearly 75 flights a day. And it may not come back when offices reopen.

Larry doesn't understand that he is two steps away from teaching with Herb at IMS.

TSA reported about 125,000 people taking flights yesterday. Normal volume exceeds two million.

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

That is actually far more than I expected. I would have guessed 75k.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:42 pm 

I am listening to his comments.

:lol: Saying they are mercenaries.

Then he makes it sound like he does not have a radio partner because of this stuff. Like he has a choice in that matter. He does not have a partner because the station is not going to pay another person to be his partner.

DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT FAMILIY EVER AGAIN!

He needs to shut up and be thankful he still has a job

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Entercom Communications stock is .83 cents. Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Larry was once a producer.

Somebody had to get fired for him to be a host. Did Larry cry for the person he replaced? Did he go on the air that first day and say "We're not a family" here.

Pretty sure he didn't. Pretty sure he was happy that person was fired so he could get a chance.

I also remember him making snide comments when both Mac and North were fired.

It wasn't the SCORE's decision, dumb ass Larry. This came from Entercom. All Entercom media properties across the country had lay offs. Just like the rest of the world, Larry.

Parkins was saying that earlier. And he said what I said. There are no ad dollars coming into the station now. There had to be cut backs. And you have no sports. Cubs money isn't coming in. A few people had to go. It's life. Once again, be grateful it wasn't you, Larry.

And no, the place you work is never your family, Larry. Get used to reality. You were never "family-like" to Mac, North or Murphy. And you also hate Parkins. So you should know this.

Your family is your family. Your job is your job.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:23 pm 

I was going to listen to Parkins, but it seems hour 2 where it would have been is missing on the podcast. Hour 1, 3, 4 are there but no hour 2

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm shocked Zaidman wasn't one of them let go.

What does he have to do with no Cubs?

I'm pretty sure Pat Hughes and Pat Coomer get paid by the Cubs. So that's up to the Cubs to deal with them.

But I've always thought that the pre and post guy is paid by the station. I think Chris Rongey said that on this board one time.

Cuz Shuester was the pre and post guy for the Bulls and got whacked.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Beardown wrote:
I'm shocked Zaidman wasn't one of them let go.

What does he have to do with no Cubs?

I'm pretty sure Pat Hughes and Pat Coomer get paid by the Cubs. So that's up to the Cubs to deal with them.

But I've always thought that the pre and post guy is paid by the station. I think Chris Rongey said that on this board one time.

Cuz Shuester was the pre and post guy for the Bulls and got whacked.

Since Zach is on air during the game, he may be in a different category. But I doubt he is getting any income with no games.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
So I can't wait to hear what the pitch is now to get suckers to sign on for Illinois Media School.

Sign on so you can get shitcanned when the radio industry predictably goes south!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
RFDC wrote:
I was going to listen to Parkins, but it seems hour 2 where it would have been is missing on the podcast. Hour 1, 3, 4 are there but no hour 2

Easy solution. Pull up the radio.com app and hit the rewind option til the 3pm hour. About 30 min in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:30 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
So I can't wait to hear what the pitch is now to get suckers to sign on for Illinois Media School.

Sign on so you can get shitcanned when the radio industry predictably goes south!

IMS will go bankrupt before entercom.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:36 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Easy solution. Pull up the radio.com app and hit the rewind option til the 3pm hour. About 30 min in.

ok thanks, I think I got it now. I didn't realize you could go back to previous shows. I knew you could rewind in the show that was current. Cool, good to know.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:40 pm 

Listened to Parkins and Mac on the situation. They did clearly disagree with Larry. Will be interesting to see if there is any carryover between them and Larry.

It was funny that they specifically mentioned feeling bad for Connor, Camp, and even mentioned a sales staff dude....but crickets on July!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222

It was also about HOW it was done. They fires Camp seconds before the start of his show. He also touched on how they've blown money and how those resources could have allowed management to wait slightly longer before firing everyone.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Lawrence is right.

Calling it a family during good times and then firing them after having them come in is hypocritical.

What should management do? Eat losses for the good of the family.

Or shut the fuck up about being a family.

Yep! LH was speaking the truth.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next