It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 1539  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
W_Z wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I had a guy on the old Bodog website tell me he was going to trace my ip address, come to my home and slit my throat in my sleep during a PLO game.

That's my point. I don't consider that a "threat" either.

the police would.

We're gonna need a lot more police.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:32 am 

this isn't about the fact that she asks for negative bullshit. there is no doubt that direct speaking about "finding you" or "taking you out" or whatever is going to be considered a threat in the eyes of the law.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:40 am 
Site Admin

W_Z wrote:
this isn't about the fact that she asks for negative bullshit. there is no doubt that direct speaking about "finding you" or "taking you out" or whatever is going to be considered a threat in the eyes of the law.

I wouldn't even say "she's asking for it". That sounds like blaming a victim. But if you're going to post controversial stuff, you're probably going to get some of this crap coming your way. That's not a justification for some guy hiding behind a Twitter handle saying that he is going to come to someone's town to rape her or some gamer telling a competitor he is going to kill him in his bed. Yeah, when someone makes a threat like that to me, it gives me pause, no doubt. And I'm certainly not as high profile as DiCaro. But I have to logically consider the chances that it's real too.

Also, she has no problem whipping a micromob of her followers into a frenzy to fire on anyone who disagrees with her. I can't be sure "Ramblin' Grimace" isn't planning to be in my hallway with a shotgun when I come home tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:04 am 

well if he said that he was, you could probably legitimately tell the police you're in fear of someone attacking you at your place.

i mean i do wonder how much if any police are notified about these types of things. but i do believe they're still considered "threats".

i'm not at all defending JDC's behavior on twitter, and i can't stand the "SJW" mentality. there are actual victims out there, usually much quieter and dealing with a lot more pain, and they get swept under the rug in favor of these obnoxious twits who are so needy for attention that they'll do whatever it takes to get it. and she accomplishes that pretty well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:13 am 
Site Admin

I don't even particularly dislike DiCaro. I don't care if she makes a mistake in an update now and then. She has a pleasant enough voice, unlike most of the screeching and stuttering post-Dahl buffoons on radio today. And I don't get the insults based on her looks. She's a perfectly cute girl.

It seems to me that all of the "issues" she has on social media stem from her questionable "reporting" of the Kane case followed by her attempts to defend her questionable- perhaps even despicable- "reporting" by fashioning herself as a rape survivor/voice of women on Twitter.

Finally, as a man I take the use of the term "rape culture" personally, because it is personal. It's a general slur against all men that wouldn't be tolerated if it were made against any other group.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
JORR, I don't think you can sit there and say the threat isn't credible. What if it is? That shit has to be taken seriously or it could be a big mistake. Some of these people are completely nuts.

DiCaro is a fucking moron, but there's no justification for this, and it absolutely is a threat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:23 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
JORR, I don't think you can sit there and say the threat isn't credible. What if it is? That shit has to be taken seriously or it could be a big mistake. Some of these people are completely nuts.

DiCaro is a fucking moron, but there's no justification for this, and it absolutely is a threat.

Well, I guess it could be a real threat, but I'd bet a lot of money that it isn't. I agree with you that there are a lot of nuts out there. But I kind of agree with bernstein in that the maniacs you need to worry about are most likely those that seem friendly or don't say anything at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Look. I've been annoying people on the internet since I was in 7th grade. I have a pretty good sense of what's acceptable sound and fury and what's harassment, If you're a public figure, you have to take stuff like that seriously. People have acted on that kind of talk.

So even the reasonable person standard isn't enough when....what, exactly? What's the threshold for this special treatment you're implying? Internet people's get to apply a different standard to consider "threatening" because...why, again? Because what was said is on the internet, that lowers the threshold for credible threats? That makes little sense.

Quote:
and a guy telling a woman he's going to come to where she works and rape her is harassment.

So now Julie gets to claim all of "Chicago" as domain in which any meany-head words are considered credible threats? What if the guy screwed up and said Rockford? Des Plaines? Lincoln Park? What if, *gasp*, he mentioned a town right next to the one Julie lives in?!?! Does Jules warrant police protection whenever anyone decides they are going to proclaim their intention to commit criminal acts within Chicago city limits or even the near suburbs?

The guy didn't said awful things because he's an awful person, but why ignore objective fact regarding what he actually said in favor of being outraged? What's the point?

We all know this wasn't a credible threat, but why are people compelled to pretend it was?

Man, the more you quibble over what constitutes harassment on the internet the more it sounds like you're defending or excusing this dude's actions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
We shouldn't be talking about any oft this because he raped someone.

Quote:
As the hearings began, the prosecution accused Bryant's defense team of attacking his accuser's credibility.[6] It was revealed that she wore underpants containing another man's semen and pubic hair to her rape exam the day after the alleged incident.[7] Detective Doug Winters stated that the yellow underwear she wore to her rape exam contained sperm from another man, along with Caucasian pubic hair. Bryant's defense stated that the exam results showed "compelling evidence of innocence" because the accuser must have had another sexual encounter immediately after the incident. She told investigators that she grabbed dirty underwear by mistake from her laundry basket when she left her home for the examination. On the day she was examined, she said she hadn’t showered since the morning of the incident. The examination found evidence of vaginal trauma, which Bryant’s defense team claimed was consistent with having sex with multiple partners in two days.

The evidence recovered by police included the T-shirt that Bryant wore the night of the incident, which had three small stains of the accuser's blood on it. The smudge was verified to be the accuser's blood by DNA testing and probably was not menstrual blood because the accuser said she had her period two weeks earlier. It was revealed that Bryant leaned the woman over a chair to have sex with her, which allegedly caused the bleeding. This was the sex act in question, as the accuser claims she told Bryant to stop but he would not, and Bryant claims he stopped after asking if he could ejaculate on her face.[8][9]

Trina McKay, the resort's night auditor, said she saw the accuser as she was leaving to go home, and "she did not look or sound as if there had been any problem."[10] However, Bobby Pietrack, the accuser's high school friend and a bellman at the resort, said she appeared to be very upset, and "told me that Kobe Bryant had forced sex with her."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Well, I guess it could be a real threat, but I'd bet a lot of money that it isn't. I agree with you that there are a lot of nuts out there. But I kind of agree with bernstein in that the maniacs you need to worry about are most likely those that seem friendly or don't say anything at all.

You've argued against some more contemporary forms of feminist arguments that attempt to eradicate the barriers between what we understand to be "men" and "women." In that light, why wouldn't a woman receiving a threat take it differently than a man would?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:43 am 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You've argued against some more contemporary forms of feminist arguments that attempt to eradicate the barriers between what we understand to be "men" and "women." In that light, why wouldn't a woman receiving a threat take it differently than a man would?

I don't think an anonymous Internet "threat" is more or less credible based upon its target.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:50 am 

denisdman wrote:
She's a lightning rod, no doubt. That doesn't it make it right for someone to Tweet that stuff to her.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:52 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

If a guy says "I'm going to come to where you live, find you, and rape you," that's pretty cut and dried, I think.

:lol: :lol:

The out of context quotes in this thread are on fire, yo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:54 am 
Site Admin

Is there anyone here who doesn't agree that the guy- and plenty of other guys who interact with Julie on Twitter- is a disgusting scumbag? There is no justification for the shit he was tweeting at her. But pretending that it is likely he is going to come to Chicago and rape her in order to illustrate how disgusted we are is kind of silly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:55 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It probably isnt a legit threat but its way past the line of "better safe than sorry"

Even with her being an agitator and attracting a certain amount of understandable hatred, that's way over the line.

The question is, who here at CSFMB is behind that account?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:16 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It probably isnt a legit threat but its way past the line of "better safe than sorry"

Even with her being an agitator and attracting a certain amount of understandable hatred, that's way over the line.

You're not serious, are you? I would be very disappointed if even our most vociferous Julie basher tweeted shit like that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You're not serious, are you? I would be very disappointed if even our most vociferous Julie basher tweeted shit like that.

Let me introduce you to Score is Doomed...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I don't think an anonymous Internet "threat" is more or less credible based upon its target.

Not trying to imply that, but I sense that your argument partly rests on the belief that she shouldn't take such tweets so seriously (haven't read every post). But if we're wired differently why can't part of that difference be different reactions to threats, even if perceived. I think when people read something like that they cycle through different reactions they could take while trying to process what theyre reading, and I suppose a great many of reactions people could consider for themselves are partly based on gender-informed assessments of the situation.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hey she already has enough people looking for me. I ain't that dumb

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:24 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No, the last line was fucking around. Id be pretty shocked if it were someone from here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is there anyone here who doesn't agree that the guy- and plenty of other guys who interact with Julie on Twitter- is a disgusting scumbag? There is no justification for the shit he was tweeting at her. But pretending that it is likely he is going to come to Chicago and rape her in order to illustrate how disgusted we are is kind of silly.
We should only take threats seriously when there is a 100% chance that the violent act is going to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:33 am 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
Not trying to imply that, but I sense that your argument partly rests on the belief that she shouldn't take such tweets so seriously (haven't read every post). But if we're wired differently why can't part of that difference be different reactions to threats, even if perceived. I think when people read something like that they cycle through different reactions they could take while trying to process what theyre reading, and I suppose a great many of reactions people could consider for themselves are partly based on gender-informed assessments of the situation.

Oh, I definitely think Julie and a lot of other people are more disgusted and take it more seriously because he said rape than if he would have just said "I'm gonna chop you up".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
A lot of bad stuff has been posted on this board over the years, most in jest and the rest in a semi serious fashion. Even amid the heat of some of the Degenerate Dave meet me on the corner crap, I can't recall anyone posting such a collection of vile threats against another board member. And plenty of folks here invite personal attacks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:37 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
We should only take threats seriously when there is a 100% chance that the violent act is going to happen.

No, Rick. We should use common sense. There are all kinds of threats made everyday in all types of social media. Is there some epidemic of people acting upon those threats? You're acting like a guy tweeting, "I'm coming to kill you" is equivalent to getting a carefully prepared death threat in your mailbox with letters cut and pasted from various magazines. It's not. People say stupid shit on the Internet because they're anonymous and it's easy. I'm gonna find out where you live and come to your house tonight if you don't stop disagreeing with me. See how easy that is? It's not a real threat.

Last edited by Joe Orr Road Rod on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah, it's really painful to say, but Rick is right here. It doesn't matter the likelihood that it will happen. There's no way to objectively determine that, anyway. It has to be taken seriously. DiCaro has the right to be a moron, and people have the right to make fun of her for it. But they don't have the right to even incinuate violence against her.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:38 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No, Rick. We should use common sense. There are all kinds of threats made everyday in all types of social media. Is there some epidemic of people acted upon those threats. You're acting like a guy tweeting, "I'm coming to kill you" is equivalent to getting a carefully prepared death threat in your mailbox with letters cut and pasted from various magazines. It's not. People say stupid shit on the Internet because they're anonymous and it's easy. I'm gonna find out where you live and come to your house tonight if you don't stop disagreeing with me. See how easy that is? It's not a real threat.

Slippery-slope. Who is to determine what a real threat is?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:39 am 

denisdman wrote:
A lot of bad stuff has been posted on this board over the years, most in jest and the rest in a semi serious fashion. Even amid the heat of some of the Degenerate Dave meet me on the corner crap, I can't recall anyone posting such a collection of vile threats against another board member. And plenty of folks here invite personal attacks.

Sometimes I want to do bad things to you. I'm just flirting, though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:40 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No, Rick. We should use common sense. There are all kinds of threats made everyday in all types of social media. Is there some epidemic of people acted upon those threats. You're acting like a guy tweeting, "I'm coming to kill you" is equivalent to getting a carefully prepared death threat in your mailbox with letters cut and pasted from various magazines. It's not. People say stupid shit on the Internet because they're anonymous and it's easy. I'm gonna find out where you live and come to your house tonight if you don't stop disagreeing with me. See how easy that is? It's not a real threat.

Slippery-slope. Who is to determine what a real threat is?

I don't know. But like I said earlier, we're gonna need more police.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
leashyourkids wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Sometimes I want to do bad things to you. I'm just flirting, though.

Indeed. Give me a "P". P. Give me an "E". E. Give me a "G". G. What's that spell? A good time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:47 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why can't you threaten someone on the internet? That seems to be your argument here.

What he said would be a threat in pretty much any other medium. Somehow, because it is the internet, it is not?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 1539  Next