It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Normally on Fridays, Terry & Dan would be on the "Bud Light 'Who Needs Two?' Tavern Tour" today, but they're in the SCORE Studios at 2 Prudential Plaza this afternoon as the pieces of bread in a White Sox Spring Training sandwich. The guys will be on before and after the Sox & Cubs spring game from Glendale, AZ. Before they break away at 1:55p and after the game around 5p-ish, the guys likely won't talk one minute of Sox & Cubs.

The guys will discuss the firing of Illinois' head basketball coach Bruce Weber, which is the worst kept secret in North America. The guys will also tell why Reggie Theus, not VCU's Shaka Smart, will be the successor. They'll also discuss Northwestern's latest heartbreak to Minnesota in OT of the Big Ten Tournament and why Bill Carmody should follow Weber out the door.

There's also the Bulls' losing to Dwight Howard and the Magic last night, and the likelihood that Luol Deng and his sore wrist sidelines him again, starting with tomorrow's game vs. the Jazz at United Center and beyond. Additionally, there's a Blackhawks/Rangers' game at the U.C. this eve, with Ray Emery still in net for the Hawks and still without the concussed Jonathan Toews for a 9th straight game. All of that before & after today's Sox/Cubs' game on the flagship of the Sox Radio Network.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
AWWW FUCKS. white sox baseball sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm 

Feels like a "Rip Illinois and its fans" day

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
AWWW FUCKS. white sox baseball sucks.

Not interested either...By the way, tomorrow's game is INTERACTIVE on the Sox Radio Network. Ranger's first game of the spring after "White Sox Weekly".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Barones
Does Bernstein have to sound so....I don't know....hard, when he mentions the Illini hiring an African-American coach?

Something about it just seems off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:35 pm 

chibamm wrote:
Does Bernstein have to sound so....I don't know....hard, when he mentions the Illini hiring an African-American coach?

Something about it just seems off.

Maybe he thinks it's bullshit to only consider black guys for the job (shrug?).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:38 pm 

I'd tell the BOT to fire me if I have to choose a coach based on a specific race. Pick the best candidate and make it clear to him that he needs to have a diverse staff of assistants. The BOT won't be the ones who get fired if it's a bad hire.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:45 pm 

So if you don't think the Bulls should gut the team for Dwight Howard you have to think that the Bulls will definitely win the NBA title?

Why don't B&B similarly come out and say that there is no chance that the Bulls win the NBA title without Howard?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So if you don't think the Bulls should gut the team for Dwight Howard you have to think that the Bulls will definitely win the NBA title?

Why don't B&B similarly come out and say that there is no chance that the Bulls win the NBA title without Howard?

I wish the guys would stop all the Bulls/Dwight Howard talk right now. It's not happening, regardless what GarPax would offer Orlando in return. Dwight's not interested in coming here. End of story.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:50 pm 

Me: the bulls have no chance of winning a title this year, but they should not trade for Howard.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Me: the bulls have no chance of winning a title this year, but they should not trade for Howard.

Dwight Howard would be that one player Uncle Jerry would be willing to go over the NBA's luxury tax, Hatchetman. The Bulls can offer everyone but Derrick Martell Rose, but if Dwight still doesn't want to come here...Forget it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You speak with a lot of unconferred authority on the Dwight Howard thing, considering you have no primary sources and just regurgitate the same stuff that everyone else here regurgitates.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:13 pm 

Love me some Curious Hair SHARK fued

SHARK is gonna come back with a post restating his position and not answering CH's question at all.

Obla-di, Obla-da

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:14 pm 

Double Bubble

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:15 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I mean, I don't think we can or will get Dwight Howard either, but it's not as if I say this because he took me to lunch, Vinny Del Negro-style, and told me there's no chance.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:27 pm 

What really is lost in this whole thing is that they would trade away anyone to rent Howard for a few months and not win a title and then basically start over.

This isn't like "You wouldn't trade Luol Deng and Noah and Gibson to have Dwight Howard for the next 10 years?". It's "You wouldn't trade Luol Deng and Noah and Gibson to have Dwight Howard for the next 4 months?".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What really is lost in this whole thing is that they would trade away anyone to rent Howard for a few months and not win a title and then basically start over.

This isn't like "You wouldn't trade Luol Deng and Noah and Gibson to have Dwight Howard for the next 10 years?". It's "You wouldn't trade Luol Deng and Noah and Gibson to have Dwight Howard for the next 4 months?".

Dan for sure.

Not sure what Terry thinks aboot the rent-a-player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Terry doesn't understand the concept.