It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
This is it, folks. It's the final afternoon that Jason Goff sits in for Dan Bernstein alongside Terry Boers on the "B & B Show" before Bernsy returns tomorrow just in time for "Who Ya Crappin'?" come 5p.

As for today, might Richard "Rip" Hamilton make his return tonight when the Bulls & Hawks tangle in Atlanta? This much is for sure. Derrick Rose misses his 8th straight game with the groin issue, although it is said to be improving. The Hawks, on the other hand, are coming off a 7 point loss to Monta Ellis and the Bucks at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee last night. Then again, Atlanta has won 7 of their last 8 vs. the Bulls at Philips Arena, site of tonight's game, but Chicago hasn't lost 2 regular season games in a row in over a year.

There's also the ongoing saga of the Illinois men's head basketball coaching job. Ohio's John Groce is still the rumored choice, but what's holding things up? That story sure to be discussed as well. There's also a Blackhawks' shootout loss to the Devils in Newark last night, a historic sale involving Magic Johnson's group buying the Dodgers for $2 billion, and possible OT changes for next season in the NFL. All of that and more to come...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
SHARK wrote:
This is it, folks. It's the final afternoon that Jason Goff sits in for Dan Bernstein alongside Terry Boers on the "B & B Show" before Bernsy returns tomorrow just in time for "Who Ya Crappin'?" come 5p.

So who's on with Terry between 1 and 5 if Dans not getting back until just in time for Who Ya Crapping?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:21 pm 

I feel like George Ofman all of a sudden...Anyway, Goff & Boers are hosting today, while Bernsy rejoins Boers tomorrow...

Matt Rodewald is back at the "Scoreboard Update" desk with Herb Lawrence & Ethan Shaw producing the show this afternoon. They're supposed to have some guy named Mike Irvin on later to discuss the debacle that's the Illini basketball situation. Not the "Playmaker" turned NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin, but an Illini writer named Mike Irvin.

"White Sox Baseball Live: Presented by Miller Lite" with Chris Rongey from Glendale, AZ follows the guys at 6p. Hub Arkush will then host a 4 hour nighttime show starting at 8p this eve from the SCORE Studios.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Simeon coach Robert Smith on now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Darkside wrote:
SHARK wrote:

So who's on with Terry between 1 and 5 if Dans not getting back until just in time for Who Ya Crapping?

Rozner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Darkside wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Rozner

He was on today with Hanley, no?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Rozner

He was on today with Hanley, no?

I have no idea

I value my sanity waaaaaayyyyy too much to listen to Hanley.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Pretty decent interview. Nice to hear about this Illinois coaching and recruiting Chicago stuff from
a totally different angle and voice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

The way Goff threw out the number to callers to comment on the interview gave me the impression he didn't believe much of what Smith said.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Illinois didn't go to Texas to recruit Deron Williams so they don't get credit for recruiting him.

Interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:57 pm 

Thought I was giving them credit by saying they went down there for someone else and ended up finding a player that they could coach into something special. Maybe not. :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Illinois didn't go to Texas to recruit Deron Williams so they don't get credit for recruiting him.

Interesting.

Williams snuck in and hid in the trunk of their car on the way back to Champaign.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Nice Jason. Asking what Weber did wrong in trying to recruit Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I'm tired of people blaming Weber for Richmond. Weber could have cut him loose entirely when the guy walked out on the team or punched a teammate or God knows what else that nobody heard about.

Richmond was a head case.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'm tired of people blaming Weber for Richmond. Weber could have cut him loose entirely when the guy walked out on the team or punched a teammate or God knows what else that nobody heard about.

Completely agree and that is what I was thinking as I listened to this. You can fault Weber for a lot during his time there, but the deal with Richmond is not one of them.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Hmmm. The AAU coaches love for Jereme Richmond is a little over the top. It seemed that Richmond was going to have some issues wherever he went. Weber may or may not have let Richmond down. Seems maybe Richmond let Richmond down too.
edit. Dr. Ken already touched on it.

Last edited by beni hanna on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
This has been a great listen all week long.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 pm 

I like turtles!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
TALK MORE TURTLES!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
beni hanna wrote:
Hmmm. The AAU coaches love for Jereme Richmond is a little over the top. It seemed that Richmond was going to have some issues wherever he went. Weber may or may not have let Richmond down. Seems maybe Richmond let Richmond down too.

Terry slobbed Irvin's nob and agreed with his blaming of Bruce. Jason obviously with disagreed with Irvin but refused to call him out very hard until he was gone. Plus he let Irvin get away with describing Richmond as "an inner-city kid from Waukegan" and I know Jason knows Richmond is from Evanston.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

Terry slobbed Irvin's nob and agreed with his blaming of Bruce. Jason obviously with disagreed with Irvin but refused to call him out very hard until he was gone. Plus he let Irvin get away with describing Richmond as "an inner-city kid from Waukegan" and I know Jason knows Richmond is from Evanston.

That coach was lying through his teeth about the questions concerning pay to play, access and the like.

The Richmond thing was entertaining but it wasn't Bruce's fault.

Decent interview....I bet BernSTINE was cursing the radio at the lack of hard hitting, tough questions being shot at Irvin, though. If BernSTINE was there you bet he would have been all up in Irivin's personal space, asking him hard hitting, juicy questions and getting to the bottom of this whole sordid ordeal!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

That coach was lying through his teeth about the questions concerning pay to play, access and the like.

The Richmond thing was entertaining but it wasn't Bruce's fault.

Decent interview....I bet BernSTINE was cursing the radio at the lack of hard hitting, tough questions being shot at Irvin, though. If BernSTINE was there you bet he would have been all up in Irivin's personal space, asking him hard hitting, juicy questions and getting to the bottom of this whole sordid ordeal!

If bernstein was there neither Smith nor Irvin would have been on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:16 pm 

Good god Goff, let the caller talk.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:21 pm 

oh how jealous they are of Indiana 8)

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 pm 

Totally agree. Can't blame Illinois or Weber for Richmond's behavior. He'd have done those things anywhere he went. And look where it got him.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:29 pm 

spanky wrote:

Totally agree. Can't blame Illinois or Weber for Richmond's behavior. He'd have done those things anywhere he went. And look where it got him.....

Exactly. His own family couldn't keep him out of trouble. How the hell was Bruce Weber supposed to do it?

If anything, Weber probably held off the inevitable for another year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:32 pm 

I really enjoyed today's show. Rather than just hammering the regular talking points on the Illinois story, they got some guys on with different perspectives and added something to the story.

I thought I was sick of the Illinois story but appreciated a fresh set of viewpoints. And if I was done with story, it had to have been played out.

Well done.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 pm 

If Nick Irvin was on he should of been asked how Wayne Blackshear magically ended up transferring to his school mid season his junior year.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

conns7901 wrote:
If Nick Irvin was on he should of been asked how Wayne Blackshear magically ended up transferring to his school mid season his junior year.

It was Mike Irvin not Nick.

One other thing. Terry also created a fantasy that Shaka Smart would jump at the UConn job. Maybe he would. Maybe it's his dream job. But it's not something he's ever said. Terry has no idea. It was just stupid speculation that wasn't even backed up by a make-believe "guy".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:53 am 

spanky wrote:

Exactly. His own family couldn't keep him out of trouble. How the hell was Bruce Weber supposed to do it?

If anything, Weber probably held off the inevitable for another year.

He had been having incidents since his early high school days.