It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I don't consider what Jason does to actually be "taking on" bernstein. It's more of a friendly back and forth. There's no real animosity there.

Drinky gets hot at bernstein for many of the same reasons that are constantly discussed on this board. Occasionally bernstein will big-time Drinky and put him back in his place.

Then there's Spiegel. There is true dislike between he and bernstein. Sadly for Matt, he just isn't bernstein's intellectual equal. Sometimes when they are going at each other I begin to feel sorry for Spiegs. bernstein has a knack for highlighting Matt's stupidity. Sometimes Spiegel sounds so damn dumb I doubt he is really Jewish. Matt is a better musician than danny though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't consider what Jason does to actually be "taking on" bernstein. It's more of a friendly back and forth. There's no real animosity there.

Drinky gets hot at bernstein for many of the same reasons that are constantly discussed on this board. Occasionally bernstein will big-time Drinky and put him back in his place.

Then there's Spiegel. There is true dislike between he and bernstein. Sadly for Matt, he just isn't bernstein's intellectual equal. Sometimes when they are going at each other I begin to feel sorry for Spiegs. bernstein has a knack for highlighting Matt's stupidity. Sometimes Spiegel sounds so damn dumb I doubt he is really Jewish. Matt is a better musician than danny though.

I never hear the "Spiegel vs. Bernstein" battles. Just catch some of the comments on this board. What you said of these fights could apply to drinky, though.

You're right about Goff, though. He's scared to really take on Bernstein. He's tried before but backed off cuz Bernstein was going "Caller" on him. Goff doesn't want to expose himself to that so he always backs off with a laugh or ends up eventually saying Bernstein is right and twists the discussion into something different than what they were initially arguing. It's weird. It's a complex with Goff. He's afraid to totally engage with Bernstein and is very defensive. But he likes to go hard on him to start and then back down. Maybe it's radio muscles initially and then he realizes he's outmatched. He scared that he's gonna be "Radio Callered".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
I hardly ever listen to B&B these days, for no other reason than I've found other options, but on my way to the store today,
I turned on 670 right around 3:30-4pm and Goff was jizzing his pants over "Carmelo Mother effing Anthony".
I turned the radio off and quickly remembered why I can't stand the dude. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

The bottom line is that Bernstein regards his producers the same way he does his callers - as dumb asses. His producers don't realize this. They think Bernstein considers them to be his sports media equals as far as intellect, (He does when they repeat his thoughts, of course) and that they win fights with him. God bless 'em. Better this way for them. Ignorance is bliss. It's most funny when drink and Goff join Bernstein to bash callers. Bernstein is probaly rolling his eyes saying "You're both like them you idiots". :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:57 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
There are sooo many little bitches at teh Score who really need to get their asses kicked.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:08 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
If I had my chance vs. Dan, in a forum where he could not mute me or blow me off, I would back him into a corner with his own bullshit, and then thoroughly finish the job, sword-through-jugular, until any semblance of his argument or ability to stay afloat was cold and lifeless.

I admit, though, that I would have an unfair advantage, in that I know his style, yet I would be a stranger to him, but. . . fuck him.

No, Panther. If you did all that and got to that point, li'l danny would just say, "SO?????? We're Idiots. It's what we do." You can't beat danny. He's the smartest man in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
If I had my chance vs. Dan, in a forum where he could not mute me or blow me off, I would back him into a corner with his own bullshit, and then thoroughly finish the job, sword-through-jugular, until any semblance of his argument or ability to stay afloat was cold and lifeless.

I admit, though, that I would have an unfair advantage, in that I know his style, yet I would be a stranger to him, but. . . fuck him.

No, Panther. If you did all that and got to that point, li'l danny would just say, "SO?????? We're Idiots. It's what we do." You can't beat danny. He's the smartest man in the world.

or, it's my job to irritate...you can never defeat a narcissist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:04 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Just saying that Rodewald doesn't talk to Bernstein that way if it were Bernstein fucking with his update. Not saying Rodewald was wrong in scolding Goff. He was absolutley right. Just saying certain people pick and choose who they fight based on certain things. So it very well could be that this thing was based on class or race.

Only two guys at the station are willing to take on bernstein. They both come off as petulant in doing so and one of them usually comes off looking like an idiot.

Two guys you fail to mention take on Bernstein regularly and WIN

Q: What do they have in common?

A: Bushy Hair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:10 am 
Site Admin

I bet Bruce Woof could take danny apart too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No doubt.

All three of those guys are as intelligent as Bernstein without the need to validate themselves by being smarter than a room full of idiots

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No doubt.

All three of those guys are as intelligent as Bernstein without the need to validate themselves by being smarter than a room full of idiots

Don't you think Rozner does this in his own way with his articles?

Also, Bernsie is around the room full of idiots way more than the other guys. I would venture to say if the other 3 were in Bernsies spot every day they would all be way more like him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 am 

RFDC wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No doubt.

Don't you think Rozner does this in his own way with his articles?

Also, Bernsie is around the room full of idiots way more than the other guys. I would venture to say if the other 3 were in Bernsies spot every day they would all be way more like him.

Yeah thats a good point about Rozner's articles.

And Dan is surrounded by non sense, but I think he likes it that way. Not sure the other guys would.

It sucks that Bruce Wolf doesnt have a show or something. His combination of intelligence, humor, and sports knowledge is pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Take Rozner out of there.

He couldn't find a way to KO Bernstein on the Hockey Fighting debate, and ended up losing by decision after 12 boring rounds.

I LIKE hockey fighting, and his argument did nothing to convince me.

Also, Wolf has picked up a regular gig on WLS these days:

http://www.wlsam.com/sectional.asp?id=37837

No way.

He is the only one who once shut up Bernstein about hockey fighting

"Because Hockey doesnt exist in the world you want it to"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
rogers park bryan wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Take Rozner out of there.

He couldn't find a way to KO Bernstein on the Hockey Fighting debate, and ended up losing by decision after 12 boring rounds.

I LIKE hockey fighting, and his argument did nothing to convince me.

Also, Wolf has picked up a regular gig on WLS these days:

http://www.wlsam.com/sectional.asp?id=37837

No way.

He is the only one who once shut up Bernstein about hockey fighting

"Because Hockey doesnt exist in the world you want it to"

Yep. Barry the Barbarian knocked BernSTINE the fuck outta' the studio.

K fucking O, bitches.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:58 am 

I cant speak to fighting in hockey. Not a big fan. But Rozner got Bernstein to accept that as the justification for fighting in hockey.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:04 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I cant speak to fighting in hockey. Not a big fan. But Rozner got Bernstein to accept that as the justification for fighting in hockey.

He did not.

I heard it.

Dan just stopped arguing with an unprepared opponent much like he would a stubborn 10-year old. There was no point in arguing once Barry took things down that road.

That is not how it was reported here.

Ill take your word for it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Barry didn't need to do that, Panther. He actually played the game. Where did you play your hockey? I'd ask the same of danny, but it's documented that he plays his in the basement vs. his kid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Q.Bovifs wrote:

I don't know about that. "The game does not exist in the world you want it to exist in" was at the very least a critical blow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Oh, I see now that someone already brought up what I brought up and you already drooled all over yourself for like three or four posts. PantherPisla is a terrible poster and should consider not posting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, I see now that someone already brought up what I brought up and you already drooled all over yourself for like three or four posts. PantherPisla is a terrible poster and should consider not posting.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:27 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:41 am 
Site Admin

CSFMB: Nobody argues about who won an argument better than we do!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:47 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

Or he'll just walk away from you, with you still wildly waving your sword in your hand. When you beat him he gives you the silent treatment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Beardown wrote:
They weren't playing around. You could tell by their tones. They kind of played it off at the end but Goff's initial instinct was to beat the shit out of the update guy for scolding him on the air like that. NOBODY DOES GOFF LIKE THAT. LEAST OF ALL A CRACKER ASS UPDATE GUY.

Good for you Rodewald. You don't always have to take their bullshit. Rowdewell, like Zaidman, is one of those "proper" broadcasters that kind of looks down at Goff's foolish broadcasting style. That's the impression I get from both of them. That's what sparked this little blow up. I think Rodewald has been sick of the interruptions for some time and this was just the boiling point.

This reminds me of the basement scene in Goodfellas. That's what DeNiro said right before Pesci unloaded on that limping,rat faced,drink server.