It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
a genius wrote:
Was he also gifted a Bissell stick vacuum?

:lol: Well played sir, well played. It finally arrived at my house yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Larry regularly plays the self righteous moral superiority card scolding "House of Larry" podcast listeners for not supporting his and other affiliated woke podcasts. A cash donation would be a start on the path to "spiritual cleansing".

A few months back, he went on a rant for people not giving 5 stars to Jason Goff's awful podcast.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've heard him do that for himself and Goff.

It really is pathetic that you have to beg people to give you money and 5 stars for your podcast. He's done it multiple times. If you have to do that, it means his and Jason's podcasts are failures. Instead of blaming themselves they they blame the audience. Or the potential audience that they don't have I should say. Quite something.

Here's the problem in the podcast game for regular people doing it like Larry and Goff. Celebrities have decided to do them. Athletes and comedians in particular. And those podcasts get other celebrities as guests. So with the thousands of options, nobody is gonna listen to fuckin' Larry and Goff when you can choose famous people who have way more interesting lives and stories. Larry's 10 minute stories about ordering a pizza or playing a soft ball game ain't gonna cut it in the podcast business. How many times can Goff tell the story about the evil white man screwing him at the SCORE?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Larry's 10 minute stories about ordering a pizza

Great piece of board/Score lore that I hadn't thought about in years until now. Wonder if it's in the archives.

EDIT:
Beardown wrote:
Besides sucking Dan's cock when he subs for Terry, Larry is good about making simple daily events into dramatic stories with his slow delivery. This happened about 20 minutes ago.

Larry: So, I'm done at NBC 5 and I'm hungry, Dan. Normally when I'm hungry I get something to eat. I'm not sure if other people do that. Anyway, what I did was I went to a pizza place. And I'm thinking, it's late,I'll get a table. Well, it was packed. So, thinking on my feet, I went to something called "The Take Out section". That's where I saw a guy behind the counter and I said, "Look, I'd like to order a pizza to go. Can you hook up a brother up?" And the guy behind the counter said, "Twenty minutes, dog". And I was like, "Great". So, what I did was wait the 20 minutes, got my pizza and then I went home. You're not gonna believe the rest of this story, Dan. I went home, opened the pizza box and ate the pizza.

Dan: Oy. We'll be back after this.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Beardown wrote:
Here's the problem in the podcast game for regular people doing it like Larry and Goff. Celebrities have decided to do them. Athletes and comedians in particular. And those podcasts get other celebrities as guests. So with the thousands of options, nobody is gonna listen to fuckin' Larry and Goff when you can choose famous people who have way more interesting lives and stories.

My podcast feed has 48 different podcasts. I like all of them. There are maybe two where I listen to more than half the episodes. 40 of them, I only listen to if I both have time and like the guest or the topic. A couple of them, I've had them on my feed for months because I like the idea, but I never bring myself to listen, and then eventually I will delete them.

Laurence? There have to be 200 podcasts I'd have to be listening to regularly before I'd even consider his podcast.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
My problem with sports slanted podcasts (and I listen/subscribe to non) is lack of live aspect. Sports radio even when bad or aggravating like the score and some wmvp has the live aspect I prefer.

I guess it would make sense to try Friday pods before NFL weekends for instance but I have not. I know my radio guy Mac does something like that but I have bring myself to try once.

The NBA or whatever L does forget it.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Sports podcasts, unless it's during the off season, do tend to have about a 48 hour shelf life. However, I still prefer them to listening to the Score and wading through all the Cubs talk or the eighth billionth discussion of this year's NFL draft/Bear's draft picks.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
pittmike wrote:
My problem with sports slanted podcasts (and I listen/subscribe to non) is lack of live aspect. Sports radio even when bad or aggravating like the score and some wmvp has the live aspect I prefer.

I guess it would make sense to try Friday pods before NFL weekends for instance but I have not. I know my radio guy Mac does something like that but I have bring myself to try once.

Mac's Monday podcast isn't horrible during the actual NFL season. I don't care to listen during the off-season.

Warren Newson wrote:
Sports podcasts, unless it's during the off season, do tend to have about a 48 hour shelf life. However, I still prefer them to listening to the Score and wading through all the Cubs talk or the eighth billionth discussion of this year's NFL draft/Bear's draft picks.

I listen to Tony Kornheiser's podcast on MWF, it's about 20% sports thoughts, 50% the general kvetching of a 75-year old Jewish man which reminds me of listening to West Wilmette neighborhood conversations as a kid, and on Mondays usually 8-9 minutes of Tony goading Wilbon into yelling at the sun about how awful modern sports are.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Mac's Monday podcast isn't horrible during the actual NFL season. I don't care to listen during the off-season.

Warren Newson wrote:

I listen to Tony Kornheiser's podcast on MWF, it's about 20% sports thoughts, 50% the general kvetching of a 75-year old Jewish man which reminds me of listening to West Wilmette neighborhood conversations as a kid, and on Mondays usually 8-9 minutes of Tony goading Wilbon into yelling at the sun about how awful modern sports are.

Never cared for Kornheiser....I recall him wasting valuable sports radio talk time to fillibustering about how much he and his son loved the University of Virginia's campus. Yawn.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 2:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Do local Chicago radio guys really have contracts? I cannot imagine outside of Kaplan, North at height, maybe Bernstein at height any agent wasting time.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
T-Bone wrote:
a genius wrote:
Was he also gifted a Bissell stick vacuum?

:lol: Well played sir, well played. It finally arrived at my house yesterday.

So what are we rooting for to last longer, the Bissell or your job? :D

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Saw 670 the Score clip and Sir is going right now through the Jon Hood faze...guy is getting really big.
That said can only say it for it is a struggle I personally deal with as well.

Hope all is good with him.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 7:10 am 

He has a digestive tract issue

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
BigW72 wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Warren Newson wrote:

Never cared for Kornheiser....I recall him wasting valuable sports radio talk time to fillibustering about how much he and his son loved the University of Virginia's campus. Yawn.

I used to listen to TK's podcast off and on a few years ago, it was good during NFL season but otherwise almost completely unlistenable. As soon as the Super Bowl was over the non-kvetching portion of it would be on to East Coast college hoops, golf, and tennis in addition to NBA talk which you can get 7 billion other places.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:33 am 
1000 CLUB

cookie23 wrote:
Do local Chicago radio guys really have contracts? I cannot imagine outside of Kaplan, North at height, maybe Bernstein at height any agent wasting time.

They do, I also don't understand it. If you want to talk local sports on talk radio, you have 2 options with very limited job openings. These agents must have gotten these guys paid pretty well over the years. I just don't see much leverage for the hosts. Is the public clamoring for Lawrence Holmes, everything is racist, conversations? Is he going to threaten to leave radio for his podcast? These guys were probably getting paid very well. Some of these guys probably think having an agent makes them more relevant?