It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Very glad I had to drive a different truck without an AM antenna this week so i couldn't tune in out of morbid curiosity. If bernstein's shows were anything like his twitter timeline, which im sure they are, I would have laughed myself into a ditch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:55 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Well if you didn't end up in at least a lockup, you weren't living. :)

We did a class trip to the County Jail.

They gave a tour of the drunk tank cell. We all got to walk in. The smell was horrible and then they apologized that they had forgotten someone was in there last night and they hadn't cleaned it yet.

In hindsight, you'd like to think it was meant as a precautionary tale. It wasn't. It was just a free field trip. Here's what you have to look forward to. Could have toured the local Community College. Didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
denisdman wrote:
I am not sure I am proud that my grad degree is from NIU, but it sure was funny seeing guys in Kellogg sweatshirts crying in between testing sessions for the CFA exams. I walked out of all three knowing I passed easily.

One fucker asked me if I studied (always a sign that the questioner did not), and I said “yes, every day for the last six months.”

Bachelors from ISU
Masters from NIU

I've done just fine professionally. Sure...most people I've worked with over the years went to more "prestigious schools". In the end, it's all about how much you hustle and produce. It took a lot of hustle for me to get in to my first job, but yeah....once you are in where your degree came from means nothing.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
bernstein during tranny with loho today was quite gleeful when michelle tofoya's retirement got brought up. twice he said "good riddance" but loho or the other guy didnt take the bait... what did michelle do wrong?

edit: i googled michelle tofoya bad and found this, hadnt heard about this

https://decider.com/2021/12/13/michele-tafoya-the-view-absent-sunday-night-football/

Quote:
What did Michele Tafoya say on The View?
The better question would probably be: What didn’t Michele Tafoya say on The View?

During her first day, Tafoya had a disastrous appearance. She blasted critical race theory and attempted to defend anti-vaxxers, earning complete outrage from the panelists of the show. In regards to COVID, she suggested that “the flu kills people too,” and that some people just prefer to get tested instead of getting the shot. She claimed her close relative didn’t want to get the shot because his natural immunity was stronger, and when Behar said that there was no way to know how long the immunity would last, Tafoya clapped back.

“Well, neither do we with the shots. We really don’t,” Tafoya butted up against Behar. “For the time being, can’t he just get tested? Can’t we just get tested?”

Uh, maybe? Well, Tafoya continued, eventually battling moderator Whoopi Goldberg over critical race theory. After Goldberg suggested that “white people need to step up,” Tafoya completely ignored the idea.

“They’ve been doing that since the Civil War,” Tafoya said, eliciting an angered response from Goldberg. “I’m not saying they’re perfect.”

And that was only day one. On day two, Tafoya continued to push back against critical race theory as the panelists discussed Colin Kaepernick. Attempting to bring her football expertise to the table, Tafoya argued that Kaepernick had been let go from the NFL because he wasn’t a good enough player — but Sunny Hostin demanded that she was incorrect. Winning little to no support from the co-hosts, Tafoya turned to the live in-studio audience.

“I just want to give the benefit of the doubt to some people that there are two sides to the story. I think all of us can agree that there is probably a lot to this story we still don’t know,” Tafoya said to the audience, who jeered right back at her. “Oh, you’re going to groan at me!” Tafoya lamented.

Behar had the final word on the matter: “That’s The View, honey.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
billypootons wrote:
bernstein during tranny with loho today was quite gleeful when michelle tofoya's retirement got brought up. twice he said "good riddance" but loho or the other guy didnt take the bait... what did michelle do wrong?

badrogue17 wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
One nice benefit is that St. Louis residents have to see Stan K accepting the Lombardi trophy

FrankDrebin wrote:
Michelle Tafoya retiring from sportscasting.

She wants to do regular talk, she got into a dustup on The View or some similar show and almost got fired.

Yeah she dared to disagree that Kaepernick isn’t Ghandi.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
billypootons wrote:

edit: i googled michelle tofoya bad and found this, hadnt heard about this

https://decider.com/2021/12/13/michele-tafoya-the-view-absent-sunday-night-football/

Quote:
What did Michele Tafoya say on The View?
The better question would probably be: What didn’t Michele Tafoya say on The View?

During her first day, Tafoya had a disastrous appearance. She blasted critical race theory and attempted to defend anti-vaxxers, earning complete outrage from the panelists of the show. In regards to COVID, she suggested that “the flu kills people too,” and that some people just prefer to get tested instead of getting the shot. She claimed her close relative didn’t want to get the shot because his natural immunity was stronger, and when Behar said that there was no way to know how long the immunity would last, Tafoya clapped back.

“Well, neither do we with the shots. We really don’t,” Tafoya butted up against Behar. “For the time being, can’t he just get tested? Can’t we just get tested?”

Uh, maybe? Well, Tafoya continued, eventually battling moderator Whoopi Goldberg over critical race theory. After Goldberg suggested that “white people need to step up,” Tafoya completely ignored the idea.

“They’ve been doing that since the Civil War,” Tafoya said, eliciting an angered response from Goldberg. “I’m not saying they’re perfect.”

And that was only day one. On day two, Tafoya continued to push back against critical race theory as the panelists discussed Colin Kaepernick. Attempting to bring her football expertise to the table, Tafoya argued that Kaepernick had been let go from the NFL because he wasn’t a good enough player — but Sunny Hostin demanded that she was incorrect. Winning little to no support from the co-hosts, Tafoya turned to the live in-studio audience.

“I just want to give the benefit of the doubt to some people that there are two sides to the story. I think all of us can agree that there is probably a lot to this story we still don’t know,” Tafoya said to the audience, who jeered right back at her. “Oh, you’re going to groan at me!” Tafoya lamented.

Behar had the final word on the matter: “That’s The View, honey.”

It kinda coincided with her not being on the sidelines for a few weeks right after this happened too, meaning she mightve have quietly received a timeout for those radical views. BUT WHOOPI WAS SUSPENDED !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Good news for people who have no problem with women in sports broadcasting, but just don't like their voices, you know?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Despite my better judgment, I've been following the Dan Bernstein & son college tour on twitter. We've had stops at: Lehigh, Lafayette, American, William & Mary, and Wake Forest. I don't know if his son his picking these places. If he is, he seems bent on costing his dad a boat load of money for an education that he could get far cheaper at Big 10 School X.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Warren Newson wrote:
Despite my better judgment, I've been following the Dan Bernstein & son college tour on twitter. We've had stops at: Lehigh, Lafayette, American, William & Mary, and Wake Forest. I don't know if his son his picking these places. If he is, he seems bent on costing his dad a boat load of money for an education that he could get far cheaper at Big 10 School X.

Or $1.50 in late charges at the public library.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
my boy's wicked smaht

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Warren Newson wrote:

Humblebragisdman is not going to get upset at a family that selects a private university/college for their teenager. I spent large sums in K-12 for such an education to get away from subpar public schools, but my children both chose large public universities for college. After 30 person high school graduating classes, we felt it was important for them to enter bigger ponds.

Big Ten schools offer a high quality education, but I am still $50k per year at IU. But those schools will not replicate some of the fantastic atmospheres and tighter knit communities at certain private schools. Our children only get to do this once, and you can see around these boards the lasting impact your college choice has on your life- Brick with Purdue, Dr Ken with UIUC, as examples.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I thought Dan always said his son had his heart set on Northwestern?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
denisdman wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Humblebragisdman is not going to get upset at a family that selects a private university/college for their teenager. I spent large sums in K-12 for such an education to get away from subpar public schools, but my children both chose large public universities for college. After 30 person high school graduating classes, we felt it was important for them to enter bigger ponds.

Big Ten schools offer a high quality education, but I am still $50k per year at IU. But those schools will not replicate some of the fantastic atmospheres and tighter knit communities at certain private schools. Our children only get to do this once, and you can see around these boards the lasting impact your college choice has on your life- Brick with Purdue, Dr Ken with UIUC, as examples.

Paying $60k a year to go to a school on the East Coast known by many people in Chicago only vaguely, does not seem like a great investment. Especially, when there are local options that are as good and cheaper. For that reason, my parents never would have allowed me to attend any of those schools and wouldn't have even taken me for a visit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:36 pm 

But IU is $50k. So the leap is not that great. I am with you on name recognition though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:14 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
denisdman wrote:
Our children only get to do this once, and you can see around these boards the lasting impact your college choice has on your life- Brick with Purdue, Dr Ken with UIUC, as examples.

Dr. Ken Jr. just graduated with honors from UIUC with a Physics degree from the College of Engineering.

Dr. Ken Jr. II is in his 2nd year at UIUC in Mechanical Engineering from the College of Engineering.

I met my wife there. I got my first job on LaSalle St. because my boss went to UIUC.

It definitely had a lasting impact for me.

HumblebragisDrKen or however that works.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:18 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
But I also echo the sentiment that if a candidate came to me for a job with a Lafayette education, it would have no impact for me.

It's probably just because I'm ignorant. But it is true (that it would have no impact and that I'm ignorant).

The elite liberal education colleges don't mean a lot to the business environment. I assume he would try to be a lawyer or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:22 pm 

I don’t know those elite schools either. My point was I wouldn’t knock Danny for letting his kid find a place he wants to go. It is a life decision. I like my son’s SEC school a lot better than IU, but she is at the better school reputation wise.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Doc is probably right. They are grooming a lawyer. Undergrad means shit before Northwestern or Harvard. Or maybe he feels he will make the NHL and a goalie?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:38 pm 

I'm not knocking it either. He's a kid. He's lucky to have choices. I would have liked to go to Notre Dame but that wasn't in my financial wheelhouse.

My minor point is that I think sometimes wealthier people have blinders and misjudge some of these elite schools are so elite that the rabble like me have no idea what they are and we do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have us work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath?

I've said too much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Maybe save these types of conversations for the country club.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I'm not knocking it either. He's a kid. He's lucky to have choices. I would have liked to go to Notre Dame but that wasn't in my financial wheelhouse.

My minor point is that I think sometimes wealthier people have blinders and misjudge some of these elite schools are so elite that the rabble like me have no idea what they are and we do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have us work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath?

I've said too much.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Or $1.50 in late charges at the public library.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:09 pm 

I've said too much.

Harry Bailey went to Iowa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:03 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

I spend most of my time arguing on the internet so I'm not a great role model for children even my own.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's

My minor point is that I think sometimes wealthier people have blinders and misjudge some of these elite schools are so elite that the rabble like me have no idea what they are and we do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community.

The other side of this is try explaining this to someone that is NOT a college graduate :lol:

Having just done the whole college tour thing...my son settled on Iowa. it wasn't his first choice, but it was the best financial option for a bigger public university. Georgia and Purdue did not financially cooperate AT ALL :lol:

We have a house down the street with a sign saying their kid is Notre Dame bound, which I find interesting. My niece wanted to go to Notre Dame. She graduated summa cum laude and my sister / B-I-L are very good / generous practicing Catholics....she didn't even get accepted!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Warren Newson wrote:
Despite my better judgment, I've been following the Dan Bernstein & son college tour on twitter. We've had stops at: Lehigh, Lafayette, American, William & Mary, and Wake Forest.

How many safety schools do you need.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Football season and a huge fan of Dan B takes on the Bears. So switched him back on twitter only to out he retweets Rex Chapman at least a few times a day. I thought Champman's twitter retweeting jumped the shark 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
denisdman wrote:
Our children only get to do this once, and you can see around these boards the lasting impact your college choice has on your life- Brick with Purdue, Dr Ken with UIUC, as examples.

Dr. Ken Jr. just graduated with honors from UIUC with a Physics degree from the College of Engineering.

Dr. Ken Jr. II is in his 2nd year at UIUC in Mechanical Engineering from the College of Engineering.

I met my wife there. I got my first job on LaSalle St. because my boss went to UIUC.

It definitely had a lasting impact for me.

HumblebragisDrKen or however that works.....

What do you do with a physics degree? More school or are there options with just a bachelors?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

cookie23 wrote:
Football season and a huge fan of Dan B takes on the Bears. So switched him back on twitter only to out he retweets Rex Chapman at least a few times a day. I thought Champman's twitter retweeting jumped the shark 2 years ago.

Rex Chapman is a complete hack. One of the most irresponsible voices on Twitter. Would have been banned by now if he was on the right. Not shocking that Bernstein gets his material from him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Kinda suss how Chapman always eagerly cosigns whatever the prevailing twitter hive mind opinion is on any topic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next