It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Talent HAS to be realized. It is NOT theoretical.
And that's why I said most of the Sox players need to take a serious look at themselves in the mirror this offseason. Ricky was made the scapegoat last year, and he fucked up the last week of the season and game 3 so fair enough. This year the Sox won as many playoff games with their new manager as they did with Ricky.

Neither manager was perfect, but Sox have to play better in October. The Sox have to strive to get homefield for at least the first round of next year's playoffs. It's that simple really.

Houston is a better ballclub, but the talent gap between them and the White Sox is not incredibly large. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a dumbfuck and given the replies here from Juiced and Bob, I'd say my comment is 100% on the money.

You are hoping it's 100%. It's not fact. If there is no one pushing them AGAIN next year, they are just Gonzaga and hoping to get hot in October.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Astros are very good.

The Sox are very talented but didn’t play well. Sox pitching needs an upgrade at the top of the rotation

That's yet to be determined. They are in a division where 2nd place was 80-82 and where they played these teams for damn near half their schedule.

Of course it’s been determined. TA, Moncada, Robert, Grandal, Abreau, Jimenez and 7 or 8 pitchers have all played enough games to show they’re talented.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Thibs would be the perfect manager for this team

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bagels wrote:
Thibs would be the perfect manager for this team

I’d love to see a baseball Thibs cope with having to rest otherwise healthy players.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nardi wrote:
They are in a division where 2nd place was 80-82 and where they played these teams for damn near half their schedule.
That's a fair point, but I can counter with half of the Sox lineup's were being filled with Jay Clam, Brian Goodwin, Billy Hamilton, Zavala/Collins, etc.

There is a lot that remains to be seen about this team. Which is why next year, #It'sTime. Win the Pennant/World Series, or fail. There is not a third outcome.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:59 am 

Paradoxically, the team was better when it was worse.

I think a lot of that has to do with the pitching peaking and then fatiguing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
They are in a division where 2nd place was 80-82 and where they played these teams for damn near half their schedule.
That's a fair point, but I can counter with half of the Sox lineup's were being filled with Jay Clam, Brian Goodwin, Billy Hamilton, Zavala/Collins, etc.

There is a lot that remains to be seen about this team. Which is why next year, #It'sTime. Win the Pennant/World Series, or fail. There is not a third outcome.

If they werent in the division they were in , they dont sniff the playoffs.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:00 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Has to do with the pitching being bumslayers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:00 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Astros are very good.

The Sox are very talented but didn’t play well. Sox pitching needs an upgrade at the top of the rotation

That's yet to be determined. They are in a division where 2nd place was 80-82 and where they played these teams for damn near half their schedule.

Of course it’s been determined. TA, Moncada, Robert, Grandal, Abreau, Jimenez and 7 or 8 pitchers have all played enough games to show they’re talented.

They miss the playoffs if they are in the East. Last year they got in by the skin of their teeth by finishing 2nd to a team that hasn't won a playoff game since Torii Hunter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
They had a better record than Boston, New York, Toronto, Seattle, Braves, and Cardinals. They were two games worse than the Brewers and Astros. The Sox were not one of MLB's top teams, but they weren't the 2006 Cardinals either.

Its amazing the Sox won a division given the injuries they had. A nice accomplishment, but they fell woefully short of their goals.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:02 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:

If the queen had stones, she'd be king

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The 2021 White Sox were the only team in baseball that dealt with injury issues.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:06 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
The 2021 White Sox were the only team in baseball that dealt with injury issues.

do you want me to make you look stupid and post your beloved WAR that team's lost to injuries this year

I'll give you a hint, you are going to look stupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:07 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree. It's in the stats.

And furthermore, Correa rips a shoulder high 97mph 0-2 heater down the line RISP to get the lead off Rodon. That's talent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:14 am 

The Sox pitching allowed 31 runs in 4 games, and didn't do a lot better against the Astros in many of the regular season matchups (had games where they gave up 10, 8, 7, 7). Starters went 12 1/3 innings total in 4 games. Until that is figured out, doesn't matter what the lineup does, unless the plan is to win the world series by winning 10-7 every night. Relievers are weird, and can be up and down year-to-year. The starting pitching worries me though.

FYI, The Braves are in the NLCS and second place in their division was a robust 82-80.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nardi wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree. It's in the stats.

And furthermore, Correa rips a shoulder high 97mph 0-2 heater down the line RISP to get the lead off Rodon. That's talent.

It's a good righthanded batter doing what he should do vs. an injured lefty who is taking over a minute between each pitch because he's so damn sore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:19 am 

casual fan wrote:
The Sox pitching allowed 31 runs in 4 games, and didn't do a lot better against the Astros in many of the regular season matchups (had games where they gave up 10, 8, 7, 7). Starters went 12 1/3 innings total in 4 games. Until that is figured out, doesn't matter what the lineup does, unless the plan is to win the world series by winning 10-7 every night. Relievers are weird, and can be up and down year-to-year. The starting pitching worries me though.

FYI, The Braves are in the NLCS and second place in their division was a robust 82-80.

pfft. National League arguments are moot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:22 am 

Nardi wrote:
casual fan wrote:

Sox also dont have anyone as good as Morton or Fried starting for them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:30 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
casual fan wrote:

Sox also dont have anyone as good as Morton or Fried starting for them.

Interleague and all star games show NL to be AAAA level. It's been this way for decades. Now go give the bunt sign to your pitcher.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:30 am 

casual fan wrote:

This is the reason the Sox lost the series, has nothing to do with the lineup. The Sox scored 18 runs in the four games, for comparison the Giants have scored 9 in their four games. Signing Nick Castellanos to play RF isn't going to solve the problem of coughing up 31 runs in 4 games.

The pitching wasn't healthy on October 12th, that's a fact. Lynn, Giolito, and Rodon were not the same pitchers the last week that they were in June. You've got to make a call on if Rodon can stay healthy for an entire year. Aside from that, sign Verlander to be your premier starting pitcher and the whole rotation looks better.

The Sox are going to have homefield advantage next year in the DS at a minimum. This team looks an awful lot like a 100 win team next year. Verlander and Giolito start games 1 and 2, and then Lynn is the best #3 starter in the playoffs at that point.

Verlander or Scherzer at the top of that rotation makes a huge difference.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
3B Moncada vs. Bregman, Bregman by a country mile
SS Correa vs. Timmay - Correa by not as much
2B Altuve vs. Hernandez - Altuve by two country miles
1B Gurriel vs. Abreu - Abreu by a hair
LF Brantley vs. Jimenez - Brantley
CF Meyers/McCormick vs. Robert - Robert by a country mile
RF Tucker vs. Garcia - Tucker
DH Alvarez vs. Sheets - Alvarez by a country mile
C Maldonado vs. Grandal - Grandal (see Antioch :D)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: John's
One Post wrote:
casual fan wrote:

This is the reason the Sox lost the series, has nothing to do with the lineup. The Sox scored 18 runs in the four games, for comparison the Giants have scored 9 in their four games. Signing Nick Castellanos to play RF isn't going to solve the problem of coughing up 31 runs in 4 games.

The pitching wasn't healthy on October 12th, that's a fact. Lynn, Giolito, and Rodon were not the same pitchers the last week that they were in June. You've got to make a call on if Rodon can stay healthy for an entire year. Aside from that, sign Verlander to be your premier starting pitcher and the whole rotation looks better.

The Sox are going to have homefield advantage next year in the DS at a minimum. This team looks an awful lot like a 100 win team next year. Verlander and Giolito start games 1 and 2, and then Lynn is the best #3 starter in the playoffs at that point.

Verlander or Scherzer at the top of that rotation makes a huge difference.

The key to solving the issue of a starting rotation with health issues is to sign a soon to be 39 year old coming off TJS. Brilliant analysis.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Three days ago, you said Houston "in theory" could start that 39 year old coming off of TJS in Game 5....you fucking imbecile :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
McCareins_Fan wrote:

There's a lot wrong here. I'd start with Moncada doubling Bregman's WAR.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Recency bias. Bregman and Tucker killed the Sox all series.

One Post wrote:
The Sox scored 18 runs in the four games, for comparison the Giants have scored 9 in their four games.
For comparison, the Sox scored 12 runs in one game, and then 6 runs across the other three games combined.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

There's a lot wrong here. I'd start with Moncada doubling Bregman's WAR.

Yep and it doesn't include the pitching staff.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:47 am 

The Sox suck and were lucky to make the playoffs and the Astros were far better.
HAHA White Sox lost to the Astros in the playoffs!

Cubbie Nation, please pick which of the above you are actually going with.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:51 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

One Post wrote:
The Sox scored 18 runs in the four games, for comparison the Giants have scored 9 in their four games.
For comparison, the Sox scored 12 runs in one game, and then 6 runs across the other three games combined.

Sox slash line in the series: .291/.361/.372
Astros slash line in the series: .288/.372/.432

These are not the drones you are looking for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Right. The Sox hit a ton of singles. I already said that production wasn't good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Not for nothing Tucker had a .917 OPS during the regular season which was good for 3rd in the American League. Kid is a legitimate superstar at this point and nobody really knows about him.

He batted no higher than 6th in the series. The Astros lineup is a meat grinder. It's a tough lineup for anyone to get through much less if you have a beat up pitching staff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next