It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:18 am 
1000 CLUB

Hey everyone,

Nastradamus had mentioned in his 2006 predictions thread that the Bulls will acquire a superstar player, I'm guessing in the off-season.

Any opinions on who ?

To me, Paul Pierce is the darkhorse - Boston continues to go young, and Pierce will get traded at some point. The only problem here is that we don't necessarily need a small forward.

Kevin Garnett would be great, but I think highly doubtful.

I wouldn't call him a superstar, and his attitude doesn't fit here, but Zach Randolph in Portland could be available at some point...

There are no free agent players who can turn a team around, so anything they do is going to have to be via trade.

Anyways - be interested in hearing yours thoughts, on this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:49 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I say (wishfully) , that they swing a deal for KG. I know that Garnett is fed up, and the Bulls have that Knicks pick from the Curry deal to dangle, along with Gordon. The pick might land them Adam Morrison, who along with Ben, would give them a fresh start. I, for one, would love to see KG in a Bull's uniform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
KG would be pretty cool....
then they could pick up Ronnie Fields! :P

btw...has that every happened before? two guys from the same h.s. team playing on the same pro team? or even in the league at the same time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
KG's best years might have passed. The guy has a bad knee. If they pick him up for the next season they better have the full complement of players to win it all because he will spend a lot of time on the bench with knee flare ups in a couple-three years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:30 am 
1000 CLUB

nastradamus wrote:
The Bulls probably won't make any moves for a few weeks. I think you will see one of the following players on their roster before the end of the trading deadline.

Peja Stojakovic
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Desmond Mason
Erick Dampier
Theo Ratliff
Larry Hughes
Ricky Davis
Al Harrington
Vince Carter
Steven Hunter
Jonathan Bender
Wally Szczerbiak
Rashard Lewis

These players might be added in the offseason

Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Richard Jefferson
KDdidit Martin
Corey Magette

Good List of players....Let me give my opinions on the coming here!

Peja Stojakovic - his name keeps getting brought up, but I'd be hesitant to give him a long-term deal. He has become increasingly injury prone, and not sure he's worth a max contract.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim - he's out for the next 6 weeks with the jaw injury. I thought he would have been a great free agent addition, but we didn't have the money to offer. With the injuy though, and a 4 year deal with Sacramento, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Desmond Mason - I have always liked him, but he never really has fully clicked. He did average around 17 points a game last season, but at this point, I'd rather hang on to Luol Deng and see if he can develop.

Erick Dampier - no way, he does offer size, but has that massive contract, and is an underachiever.

Theo Ratliff - wouldn't be a bad player to have, but he's nearing the end of his career, and wouldn't be more than a 20-25 minute player.

Larry Hughes - Do you think Cleveland would give up on him this fast ? Plus, he's in year 1 of a big deal...He would give us the size at shooting guard we need.

Ricky Davis - Having a great season for Boston...Couldn't argue with acquiring him, but I don't think the Celtics move him.

Al Harrington - He's going somewhere, and the Bulls, Pacers, Nuggets, etc are all rumored. I can definitely see this.

Vince Carter - He's so hot and cold, I think NJ rides it out with him, RJeff, and Kidd this season.

Steven Hunter - No thanks, only as a backup option

Jonathan Bender - See Hunter

Wally Szczerbiak - One of the best shooters in the league, having his best season, I don't think Minnesota moves him.

Rashard Lewis - This is another name I've thought about, but would be surprised if Seattle moves him. He's a good #2 scorer, probably more suited as a good #3 option, but has really developed.

These players might be added in the offseason

Kevin Garnett - i hope he's the target
Paul Pierce - i think he's the target
Richard Jefferson - no problem with this either
KDdidit Martin - that knee/attitude concerns me
Corey Maggette - i'd rather hold on to Deng at that SF position, but I agree that he may get traded at some point in the future.

Great list of ideas !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Do you guys think Skiles can get into Kwame's head and fix the problem? The Great Shrink in LA doesn't seem to have much success at it yet. He's a 6'11" guy who MJ felt pretty strong about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

nastradamus wrote:
BD you made some great points with each player. The Bulls really need a big man that can score consistently and they lack size at the 2 guard. I don't think they will get rid of Chris Duhon but don't be surprised to see Kirk or Ben go.

When you actually go through a list of needs, and then try to find an available name of players at that position, it becomes really hard to find all-star caliber players.

I don't know what Boston wants for Pierce, but I think we should get after him!

Since Ainge is obsessed with draft picks (and then drafting projects/hs players), he's probably want both picks, Luol Deng to replace Pierce, and then one of our guards....but then again, Boston seems like they have enough point guards (Delonte Wes has shown some potential this season)...I'd hate to see Duhon go, but I think Kirk needs to play his natural position!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

taa wrote:
Do you guys think Skiles can get into Kwame's head and fix the problem? The Great Shrink in LA doesn't seem to have much success at it yet. He's a 6'11" guy who MJ felt pretty strong about.

Michael as a GM though didn't work out...I think he also traded Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse!

Seriously though, although Kuame gives us size, the guy stinks. He plays pretty soft, and his game never developed at the NBA level.

Now, if we could do something minor, like trade Piatkowski or Malik Allen for him, that would be fine.

Othe concern would be his contract. I wouldn't want him if he has mult-years left.