It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:15 am 

' Elton Brand is never going to amount to much more than a 20-10 guy......'
Looks like a baby Karl Malone was traded for 2 reflections in a pond. Curry could have been great---just imagine a core of Brand, Artest, and Curry. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

You know if you think about it, Artest, Curry, and Brand.. This team would be pretty good. Krause probable made some of what could amount o be the worst trades in Chicago history. They ended up getting NOTHING for Brand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Did Krauss drop the bone? Everyone knows that Jerry the Krauss has never dropped a bone, or anything food related for that matter, in his life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: any kind without pork and red meat on it
You people do realize how overrated Brand truly is don't you? And don't you DARE tell me the Clips are now winning because he decided to step his game up which is FAR from the case. It's because they added a good veteran PG in Cassell who's having a nice year and the addition of Mobley that are propelling that team, not Brand. Brand is a good player, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't warrant all this crying and complaining I've been hearing over the past several weeks. He's a 2nd or 3rd option on a championship team, not someone you will win because of.

Even though I hated Krause, I understood the gamble of trying to become great instead of so-so. It didn't work, but all is not lost. It's not like we traded Nowitzki for Tractor Taylor or something. At least TC could possibly challenge for the league lead in rebounds in a season he plays with confidence all the way through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

J.G.G. wrote:
You people do realize how overrated Brand truly is don't you? And don't you DARE tell me the Clips are now winning because he decided to step his game up which is FAR from the case. It's because they added a good veteran PG in Cassell who's having a nice year and the addition of Mobley that are propelling that team, not Brand. Brand is a good player, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't warrant all this crying and complaining I've been hearing over the past several weeks. He's a 2nd or 3rd option on a championship team, not someone you will win because of.

Even though I hated Krause, I understood the gamble of trying to become great instead of so-so. It didn't work, but all is not lost. It's not like we traded Nowitzki for Tractor Taylor or something. At least TC could possibly challenge for the league lead in rebounds in a season he plays with confidence all the way through.

It's a combination of Brand having a MVP Season, and the Clippers adding some veteran talent - Cassell and Mobley. Kaman has also become a nice complement in the middle for Brand.

I understood what Krause was trying to do, but it has failed miserably. I didn't like the trade then, and I hate it now. Chandler is a nice role player, but Brand is a very good scorer, better rebounder, and shot blocker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: any kind without pork and red meat on it
nastradamus wrote:
J.G.G. wrote:

Do you smoke crack? How is 25 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 54% from the field a second or third option? I guess KG must suck too. Hell his team won't even make the playoffs.

Nah, I'm realistic. You do know the reason he's having to put up so many points is because Maggette is injured and he now has a PG in Cassell that can get him the ball in better scoring positions. And he is a 2nd or 3rd option on a CHAMPIONSHIP team and don't think nothing esle of it. Do you really believe you can build a team around this guy? He will be exploited in the playoffs you wait and see.

And the KG comment just helps my argument. What's he done in the playoffs? Brand and KG are truly the NBA's version of Peyton Manning(and I am a Colts fan....unfortunately).