It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:40 pm 

You must agree with me his injury was most unfortunate. Perhaps you may have traded up to get Andrea Bargnani? Adam Morrison will show to be the player that Michael Jordan expected him to be.

Conversely, Michael Beasley is a better player than Adam Morrison. Certainly we can agree on that. I think he's better than Charles!! :lol: :lol: You tell Charles that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You tell him!!! :lol: And ask him if he needs any green? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:15 pm 

mrgoodkat wrote:
Holy shit. If they don't take Rose I will have officially lost all hope in mankind.

motorcycle |+1 |cosign

No question you take hometown fav Rose, a point guard with size.

Beasley has the potential to be another Marcus Fizer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Since the Bulls and White Sox are run by Reinsdorf, perhaps it would have been a nice touch if Sdhanwold had brought an inflatable sex doll with him, rather than a teddy bear??? Gotta agree about Rose. He is the pick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
Michael Jeffrey Jordan wrote:
You must agree with me his injury was most unfortunate. Perhaps you may have traded up to get Andrea Bargnani? Adam Morrison will show to be the player that Michael Jordan expected him to be.

Conversely, Michael Beasley is a better player than Adam Morrison. Certainly we can agree on that. I think he's better than Charles!! :lol: :lol: You tell Charles that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You tell him!!! :lol: And ask him if he needs any green? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Michael Jordan wanted to trade up to get Tyrus Thomas. That alone should have been enough evidence for Paxson not to make that pick. I was on the Roy/Aldridge bandwagon all along and Paxson didn't listen to me.

Bulls could've had Brandon Roy? Damn. Although having Roy right about now would mean the Bulls wouldn't be getting a lottery pick (or needing one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Michael Jeffrey Jordan wrote:
Indisputably the Bulls must select Beasley. A team does not win championships built around a guard unless that guard is named Michael Jordan. I am named Michael Jordan but I am not Michael Jordan the way I was Michael Jordan.

Beasley would give them a scorer that is most definitely needed. If I was the Bulls GM, it would be a no brainer. Hansbrough has the right lineage as well but he's clearly not available and he's no Walter Davis in any respect.

Two MJ posts and no use of "quite naturally". You're not a very good Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:06 pm 

Nas wrote:
Michael Jordan wanted to trade up to get Tyrus Thomas. That alone should have been enough evidence for Paxson not to make that pick. I was on the Roy/Aldridge bandwagon all along and Paxson didn't listen to me.

something tells me this #1 pick, whoever it is, is going to bring out tryus's highlight moments more consistently..

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
9.4% chance of getting into the Top 4 and a 2% chance at the #1 pick. Good vibes.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 12:08 pm 

i think it was 1.8% for rose, so here we go.

the NBA desperately needs a team to compete with the celtics in the east.

if we get the #1, and take bronny, i think we would have a couple of fun years with dad and son, and kyrie and luca will probably come here too then.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:52 pm 

The hawks :lol:

Honestly, good for them. They can now get rid of the homeless guy.

But san Antonio has two picks ahead of us

Welcome to NBA hell, guys. It's been hell for decades , and it is going to be one more year and many more years.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 6:46 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
The hawks :lol:

Welcome to NBA hell, guys

If the Bulls lose that meaningless play-in game against the Hawks, they instead have a 3% chance at the #1 pick and grab it like Atlanta did earlier today. That’s a cold and sad definition of NBA hell.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 7:05 pm 

Yea its weird. They're getting paid to try... But they know it's not in the best interest of the 'organization', but the organization is their best chance at another contract, and no side can openly discuss tanking.

In the end, they win games like that due to ego, so I guess it all ends up the same.

What they need is a guy like derrick rose to come in and get injured right away, so he still has a chance to come back full strength after the team secured two more fucking picks.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Pistons:

14 wins in 2023-2024 - 5th pick
17 wins in 2022-2023 - 5th pick
23 wins in 2021-2022 - 5th pick

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I finally am done thinking about this Bulls season, the most dissappointing season I can ever remember. It's all good vibrations till next November.

Let's wait until the draft. Paxson may think Kevin Love is just what the Bulls need. :)

Brick was a jokester in 2008.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:09 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Pistons:

14 wins in 2023-2024 - 5th pick
17 wins in 2022-2023 - 5th pick
23 wins in 2021-2022 - 5th pick

Fucking hell. Jesus does love Chicago ! :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Looks like this draft kind of sucks, no?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:46 am 

i thought the same. we will end up with another PAW

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Take a shot with some doughy Eastern European at 11.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Caller Bob wrote:

Yes, in the sense that there is no agreement on the top 3 or 5 picks being deserving of that status.

FWIW, The Athletic projects the Bulls taking Isaiah Collier from USC, which I think would be a great value if true. The only issue would be he’s Coby 2.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:27 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yes, in the sense that there is no agreement on the top 3 or 5 picks being deserving of that status.

FWIW, The Athletic projects the Bulls taking Isaiah Collier from USC, which I think would be a great value if true. The only issue would be he’s Coby 2.

Is he as good as Bronny James?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 7:54 am 

Honestly, the 11th pick might not even get bronny james in this draft. You do have to figure that if you pick him, you're getting lebron for at least 1 year. And I believe everyone wants to see lebron in a bulls uniform anyway.

Plus, lebron would like to get Alex Caruso back. All he has to do is come here, and the bulls are definitely dumb enough to draft bronny at 11.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
IkeSouth wrote:
Honestly, the 11th pick might not even get bronny james in this draft. You do have to figure that if you pick him, you're getting lebron for at least 1 year. And I believe everyone wants to see lebron in a bulls uniform anyway.

Plus, lebron would like to get Alex Caruso back. All he has to do is come here, and the bulls are definitely dumb enough to draft bronny at 11.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Tall Midget wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:00 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Honestly, the 11th pick might not even get bronny james in this draft.

The Cavaliers will draft Bronny. Then they'll work out some sign and trade deal and ship out one of Allen or Mobley and Lavert or Garland to Los Angeles for LeBron.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:18 pm 

From The Athletic...

The Chicago Bulls on Monday conducted one of their most significant workouts leading up to next week’s NBA Draft.

It was highlighted by projected top-10 pick Ron Holland and Chicago native Terrence Shannon Jr., a former Lincoln Park High School standout who went on to star at the University of Illinois after playing his first three college seasons at Texas Tech.
Holland, a unanimous top-five recruit in the 2023 class, originally committed to play at the University of Texas before deciding to forgo college basketball to join the G League Ignite. He averaged 19.5 points, 6.7 rebounds and 3.1 assists for the Ignite last season.

Shannon was accused of sexually assaulting a woman while visiting Lawrence, Kan., for a Sept. 8 football game. He was charged on Dec. 5 and was found not guilty of charges of rape and aggravated sexual battery last week after deliberations by a Douglas County, Kan., jury.

The allegation and resulting legal case cost Shannon six games in his final season at Illinois and could negatively impact the projected first-round pick’s draft stock.
The Bulls own the 11th selection in next Wednesday’s first round of the draft and need more size and versatility on the wing, as well as depth in the frontcourt.

Shannon, a 6-foot-6 wing, averaged 23 points while shooting 36.2 percent on a career-high 6.7 3-pointers per game last season at Illinois. On March 16, Shannon set a Big Ten Tournament record with 40 points in a win against Nebraska. Shannon’s scoring could be useful for the Bulls, particularly if the team parts ways with Zach LaVine via trade this summer.

The Bulls have a long history of acquiring locals. The team signed local product Jevon Carter last summer in free agency and drafted Chicago native Ayo Dosunmu from Illinois in the second round in 2021. In 2018, the Bulls signed Chicago native Jabari Parker. And in 2016, the franchise added Dwyane Wade. Of course, the Bulls also drafted Derrick Rose with the No. 1 pick in 2008.
Monday’s pre-draft workout by the Bulls also included prospects Ryan Dunn, a 6-foot-8 wing out of Virginia, Villanova’s Justin Moore, a 6-foot-5 wing, Duke’s Kyle Filipowski, a 7-foot center and UCLA’s Adem Bona, a 6-foot-10 post player.

Filipowski, a projected top-20 pick, could bolster the Bulls’ frontcourt depth behind Nikola Vučević. Reserve center Andre Drummond is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, and the Bulls might be in the market for a quality option who can be groomed into Vučević’s replacement.

Bona is a projected second-round pick, while Moore’s range is the late second-round selection to undrafted.

However, Dunn could be the biggest sleeper of Monday’s group session, if not this year’s draft.

The forward was among college basketball’s best perimeter defenders. Dunn played for the same coach, Tony Bennett, and in the same lockdown defensive system that produced Atlanta Hawks forward De’Andre Hunter and Portland Trail Blazers guard Malcolm Brogdon.

“He’s the best wing defender I’ve evaluated in a long time,” The Athletic’s Sam Vecenie wrote in March.

Dunn, an ACC All-Defensive Team selection following his breakout sophomore season, averaged 2.3 blocks and 1.3 steals in 27.5 minutes per game. With his length and defensive versatility, it’s easy to see Dunn fitting snugly on a roster led by Vučević, LaVine, DeMar DeRozan and Coby White.

“He’s elite as a help defender with timely rotations and scramble instincts,” Vecenie wrote. “He’s disruptive with his hands and forces turnovers at an elite level. He’s strong and physical. He’s switchable athletically, capable of guarding one through five in college, and one through four in the NBA.”

Dunn’s prototype is in the mold of some of the league’s best defenders, such as Minnesota Timberwolves forward Jaden McDaniels, New Orleans Pelicans forward Herb Jones and New York Knicks forward OG Anunoby.
The knock on Dunn is his offensive game, particularly his shooting. He made only 12 of 51 3-pointers in his two seasons at Virginia and must prove he can be a consistent outside shooter to morph into a two-way threat.

“He’s a sharp cutter and offensive rebounder, but that’s it,” Vecenie wrote. “If a team thinks they can figure out their spacing around him, I would go for it.”

If Dunn had a proven perimeter stroke, he’d be a no-brainer top-10 pick. But the Bulls, sitting just outside the top 10, are in a prime position to pluck the top defender.

Chicago has built adequate infrastructure to transform a prospect like Dunn into a more well-rounded player. The Bulls hired respected shooting coach Peter Patton as their director of player development last summer. He’s already been credited with the improved shooting of Bulls players such as Dosunmu, Dalen Terry and Julian Phillips.

The Bulls, as they did with Patrick Williams in 2020, could take a slightly early swing on a player with obvious strengths. Or, if the Bulls get creative, a path exists to trade back and snag a player like Dunn slightly later in the first round while collecting additional assets from the team looking to move up.

Much of next week’s decision for the Bulls will depend on how the board shakes out in front of them. Dunn is an intriguing option who fits a need and will almost certainly be on the board at 11. At 21 years old, Dunn is ready to step in and supply quality defense from opening night.

But he naturally won’t be viewed as having the same upside as Holland, who is three weeks shy of his 19th birthday. But how long are the win-now Bulls willing to wait for another teenager to develop?

Chicago’s current roster and recent history of player acquisitions suggest the Bulls will be in the market for versatility. In addition to drafting Williams in 2020, Terry in 2022 and Phillips in 2023, the Bulls also have signed multifaceted forwards in free agency such as Derrick Jones Jr. and Torrey Craig.

There’s a good chance the Bulls met their next rangy wing in Monday’s workout.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Shannon is 25. For God sakes take a euro and hope we get lucky over shannon who seems like a role player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

This draft is a crapshoot, and it's hard to see them landing a useful player at #11 without a lot of luck.

KC Johnson said this week he expects the Bulls to be "active", but he also had no actual clarification on what that would mean, and trades are difficult to pull off, etc.

They are clearly going to trade Zach as soon as they can. I think it's even more important for them to try and get some $$ savings on a move with him because it doesn't put them in the cap signing both DeMar and P.Williams. It's hard to see them moving Zach before free agency kicks in because he's probably more of a 2nd option for a limited amount of teams if they can't accomplish their main goals. Sam Smith did speculate about a Caruse/Zach trade to Detroit for their lottery pick (I believe #6), but also seems like a stretch and more of a best case scenario if they can shed themselves completely (or nearly, not sure if this offer consisted of the Bulls taking back a contract from the Pistons) of his contract.

Regardless of Zach, it still seems likely that they are going to resign DeMar. It's probably a 2 year deal if the Bulls have their way, but if there is a stumbling block, it's because he thinks he can get 3 years elsewhere (and/or be in a situation to win although that seems to be less important than getting the 3 year deal by most things I have been reading). Personally, if they want to make changes, it's time to also let DeMar go. He's still a good player, but this team is not likely to improve beyond what they have been which is a play-in team and, at best, an early playoff exit. DeMar is nearing his mid 30's. Even if you think he can still play at a high level next season, will that be the case in 2 years? 3 years? That seems to be pushing the odds at that point.

They already gave Vuc a 3 year deal so he has 2 years left now. At best, he's a double-double machine still, but his 3 point shooting declined and he has to be one of the worst defensive players in the league. If they want to win more games next season, and that's probably what they are still trying to do, it's hard to see that happening if Vuc is one of their key players. His role would have to be reduced to 25-30 minutes and by matchups that are favorable to his style of play. Unfortunately, I don't think they are able to do that with the roster they have.

If they are active on draft night, it's probably with Caruso. I think he is an expiring contract after next season. Before the trade deadline, there were reports that the Bulls were offered 2 1st round picks for him. If that's true, that's pretty alarming that they thought it was better to compete for a play-in than try to actually improve the roster for the next 5 seasons with the right picks. Assuming they can still get a 1st round pick for him is also less enticing in this draft, but perhaps a future 1st is better.

If they want to look to the future, trade Zach and Caruso, let DeMar walk, and just patch a team together next season with the focus on getting Coby, Ayo and Patrick Williams (assuming they can let him test the market as a RFA) playing time and not locking yourself into bad future contracts.

I think it's more likely they bring back DeMar to go with Vuc, Coby, Ayo a 1st round pick, maybe Caruso or another young player, Williams and then a bad bench with limited 3 point shooting still....

Bulls are going nowhere fast no matter what they do...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:43 pm 

I did a quick review of the mocks and I’m going with this guy Nikola Topic.

First Serbian I’m seeing around 11. Not fat enough for my liking but a couple few Chicago winters and he’ll get there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:34 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

First Serbian I’m seeing around 11. Not fat enough for my liking but a couple few Chicago winters and he’ll get there.

Well, drafting a guy with a torn ACL is very Bulls-like. Drafting a European PG that can't hit a 3 is even more so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Well, drafting a guy with a torn ACL is very Bulls-like. Drafting a European PG that can't hit a 3 is even more so.

If they draft someone whose biggest flaw is shooting....

I know it's supposed to be a bad draft, but you would think they would at least target shooting or athleticism.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
BD wrote:

I know it's supposed to be a bad draft, but you would think they would at least target shooting or athleticism.

someone with a strong motor