It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:49 pm 

Someday I hope to know this much about something, anything.

Congrats on 3000, Naz. Hats off and glasses raised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I scrolled with bated breath, waiting to see if you had Dee Brown going in the first round. I KNEW you would, and you didn't disappoint. Showin' some Illini love! I have my doubts about Dee at the next level, but I like your scenerio.

I appreciate the time and effort you put in. Or did you just google some obscure mock draft? :wink:

Happy 3G!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:35 pm 

Great, great post, Nas.

I hope you're right about Roy, but I have a feeling Pax is just going to go ahead and take TT. He hasn't done much bluffing in the past, so I don't expect him to start now.

TT scares me a bit. I like the intensity, but I don't see the skills (outside of blocks), and I don't know what his position in the NBA is. He's promoting himself as a SF, but he looks like a major project at that position. Plus that's a position of strength for the Bulls. I'll trust Pax if he picks him though, because Pax seems to draft very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

I want Bargnani, but know he won't be there. I think we will take Aldridge (please no Gay or Thomas)

With the #16 pick, I think they'll take either Thabo or Sene

This is all assuming they don't trade the pick. Could see them trading down if they don't like taking Roy that high

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Great post Nas!

IF Bargnani is avaialble at #2, which is at least a decent chance, the Bulls aren't taking him - if they did it would be the biggest smokescreen that Paxson has pulled off. I know he's seen him in Europe, but they weren't able to get him into Chicago for a private workout, and although some Bull execs met with him, Paxson did not, and I'd say the only they even consider is if they were to trade down to 4 or 5, and he's too good to pass up in that situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
I predict....Dee Brown wont go in the top 40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:53 am 

Sene will not get past the Bulls at 16. I don't know why they would take Armstrong over him. They are the same in a lot of ways with Sene having the potential to be better. Armstrong is an hard working overachiever.

I am starting to warm to the prospect of Roy. As you know, my guy is Brewer. However, if you take Roy first you can take a guy like Sene at 16, who may develop into as good of a player as Aldridge.

That said, I believe the Bulls already have outstanding trade offers that they will act upon once that first pick is taken. Someone will trade up for Bagnani, Thomas or Aldridge and the Bulls would be wise to accept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Why does it seem like B.Roy is slipping a bit - up until the last few days, it seemed he could have gone as high as #2, but now there is all kinds of speculation that Atlanta/Houston could swap picks, with Houston hoping to get Roy there.

I'm starting to think that L.Aldridge, should he be available, is going to be the Bulls pick. He fills the major need of a big man, should be able to contribute as a rookie, and is better than what we have (at least, better be) in Allen, Songalia, Sweetney.....

I think Aldridge will be a decent pro, but I never see him being better than ok though. I think Paxson though is looking for a big man, athleticism, and someone who can't play right now. You can certainly get more athleticism from Roy/Thomas, but Aldridge is going to, at the start, be able to contribute, and fill the team's biggest hole.

Personally, I want Roy, and also would be happy with Morrison, although I don't think there's any way he'd fit in here unless Deng is traded OR Paxson believes Morrison can play SG....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

If Pax does take Aldridge, then I give him a lot of credit for keeping that quiet. Everybody and their brother has him taking Thomas or Roy. The thing is, you can make a very reasonable argument for all 3. First things first, the Bulls are still 2-3 years away from being a dangerous team. I expect them to be competitive, but they are not going to kick the door open in the postseason and start running over people just yet.

An argument for Aldridge: he is the best fit for their needs. He’s a well rounded big man that plays on both ends of the floor. Moves well, has some range on his shot, rebounds and blocks shots. Not as NBA ready as Roy, but not a project either. Would be able to contribute as a rookie.

An argument for Thomas: an impressive athlete with a ton of upside. Needs some seasoning, but could be a big time player in a few years. Also, with the Knicks likely to suck again, the Bulls should have a lottery pick in the 2007 draft which is absolutely loaded with talented big men, meaning they can afford to pass on Aldridge and hold out for the ’07 class.

An argument for Roy: would put the Bulls on track to have one of the strongest back courts in the entire league. He’s ready to contribute now and has a low “bust risk” factor. Also, it’s more likely there will be a quality big man on the board at 16 than there will be a big defensive 2-guard available (lots of good 2’s in this draft, but many are small combo guards that don’t fit what the Bulls are targeting). Finally, see argument above regarding the solid class of bigs awaiting us in ’07.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Who is Rudy Burrito? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas, you and I posted about this before. I think Tyrus Thomas is just the wrong choice for this Bulls team. God, I hope we don't blow these two picks damn it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
[quote=]I predict....Dee Brown wont go in the top 40.[/quote]

Not to be like Nas....but just wanted to pat myself on the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Dee and Deron reunited in Utah.