It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
honestly, Lonzo is here to cover Zach's D on the permitter and to make sure he doesn't have to bring the ball up court, also hit the occasional 3. He will be minimized as a scorer, which I think is AOK by him. I expect DDR to play the Harden role with BKN where he plays with the second unit as the primary scorer too. That being said we are going to see a lot of 3 guard lineups and no one (Zach) should be too tired from carrying the team to play defense. In fairness to Zach his man defense is passable but his team defense still needs lots of work. Hopefully he can focus in on that because he won't have to handle, create and make all the shots now. Williams needs to focus on defense and learn footwork from DDR. Take his open looks and hone that skill, seriously DDr has some amazing footwork and P Will has none so I hope he learns from him.

Donovan has to give Williams a little more freedom on offense. I can see him playing a ton with the 2nd unit for that very reason. He will start him and then stagger his minutes so that he can be a focal point with the second unit.

The Bulls now have 3 guys (maybe 4 with Williams) that can get their own shot whereas last year they really only had one with Lavine. That will make a huge difference. It is going to be tough to key on Lavine now. They also have 3-4 guys that can make plays for others. Vuk is a good passer. So is Derozan as are Lavine and Ball. The Ball movement will be much better because you don't have ball stopping guys like White dominating the ball as much this year. Should be fun to watch.

Could, the word is could be fun to watch. Lonzo falls into slumps, Lavine does dumb shit at the worst times, DeRozan might not be all that, And PW is 20. And no one really knows if Donovan is a top flite coach. They could be 4th or 5th or they could be a play-in with a terrible to mediocre future

You forgot Vukevic. They aren't counting on Ball (though MANY here apparently are) to be special. They are banking on him being a noticeable upgrade over Jackson Park YMCA All Star Coby White. And he will be.

Ball just has to demonstrate that he is a legitimate starting caliber NBA guard. The ship has sailed on him being "that dude".

They are banking on their "Big 3" to carry the team. Though they aren't on the level of some other big 3's that you will find around the league they are good to very good players individually. Williams doesn’t have to be All Star level good this year. He does have a chance to be given overall game though. If he does then they get really interesting really fast.

Donovan has proven to be a good NBA coach. What he did with OKC a couple of years ago verifies this

AK just has to shore up the bench and they will be fine.

Agree and I think "Fine" is the optimal word. They won't be amazing, but they will be a legit NBA team with a punchers chance on any given night. Huge upgrade from what they were. Far from a contender but a real team for the first time since the 3 alpha's (which like the VDN era wasn't as bad as we like to remember)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Offensively speaking no other team besides Brooklyn has 3 players that are as good as Lavine, Derozen, and Vukevic. That has to count for something.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Joker,Murray,Porter
James,Davis,Westbrook

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:29 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Joker,Murray,Porter
James,Davis,Westbrook

Denver's crew isn't in that class. Lakers yeah but I forgot about Westbrook.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
The Missing Link wrote:
Joker,Murray,Porter
James,Davis,Westbrook

If Murray is Murray when he comes back, Denver’s crew is better. Porter can shoot, DeRozan cannot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:27 pm 

I’d take Paul, Booker, and Ayton over the Bulls crew too. And Kawhi (assuming he is Kawhi when he comes back), George, and Reggie Jackson as well. Probably Lowry, Butler, and Adebayo. Oh, and Steph, Klay, and whoever else the Warriors want to throw out there. Honorable mention: Kemba, Randle, and RJ Barrett.

Suns
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Heat
Warriors
Nets

All better than the Bulls “big” 3.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:40 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
I’d take Paul, Booker, and Ayton over the Bulls crew too. And Kawhi (assuming he is Kawhi when he comes back), George, and Reggie Jackson as well. Probably Lowry, Butler, and Adebayo. Oh, and Steph, Klay, and whoever else the Warriors want to throw out there. Honorable mention: Kemba, Randle, and RJ Barrett.

Suns
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Heat
Warriors
Nets

I will first start with Denver. Lavine is the best scorer of the group.

2 of the Bulls big 3 have been the best player on playoff teams.
.And the Bulls Big 3 are better passers than either Murray or Porter..

Porter can shoot but he doesn't create shots for other players and neither does Murray. Though in theory he is supposed to be the 1

For better or worse each of the Bulls big 3 have had to carry teams at some point in their career. Porter has never done it and neither has Murray.

Yes Porter can shoot but he doesn't really do anything else offensively. Each of the Bulls big 3 can.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:44 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

Suns
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Heat
Warriors
Nets

Here is the problem with your "Big 3's". There is a drop off when you get to that 3rd guy. And I'm only talking offensively.
Miami's big 3 isn't as good as the Bulls guys offensively.

And G.S. third guy is who Draymond or Wiggins? There is a major drop-off in the 3rd guy for G.S. Same with the Clippers. The Bulls do not have that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:50 am 

draymond green makes anyone on the bulls look like shit. williams may be great, but who the fuck knows right now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:01 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
draymond green makes anyone on the bulls look like shit. williams may be great, but who the fuck knows right now.

Which NBA are you watching? Draymond Green is shit. He literally stinks as a player. They need to arrest him for Grand Larceny.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:32 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Suns
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Heat
Warriors
Nets

Porter can shoot but he doesn't create shots for other players and neither does Murray. Though in theory he is supposed to be the 1

For better or worse each of the Bulls big 3 have had to carry teams at some point in their career. Porter has never done it and neither has Murray.

Yes Porter can shoot but he doesn't really do anything else offensively. Each of the Bulls big 3 can.

Jamal Murray's never carried a team?

I'm out. Have a good Sunday dude.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:27 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joker,Murray,Porter
James,Davis,Westbrook

If Murray is Murray when he comes back, Denver’s crew is better. Porter can shoot, DeRozan cannot.

I'm not sold on MPJ yet. He is an absolute talent but I don't think he is a player that makes a team better. He might still yet mature. While Derozan doesn't shoot the 3 he has an excellent midrange game and has become a great passer. His iso scoring was 3rd best in the league last year only behind Steph and Harden (higher than Durant WTF) and he had his career high in assists. That being said Joikic is the ultimate team player and outweighs the balance because he just takes the skills those guys on Denver and utilizes them to their fullest. The ball rotation on the Bulls should be very good though. I don't know what the Bulls will look like, it may work, it may not. We definitively know that it works in Denver.

You are going to see DDR logging more minutes as a PF too than I think we expect, they will play a lot of 3 guard lineups because Billy likes that and had success with it in OKC, and you look at the roster and it screams they are doing that again. It is going to be a weird look for the Bulls, not sure it will work but at least it is something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:30 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Which NBA are you watching? Draymond Green is shit. He literally stinks as a player. They need to arrest him for Grand Larceny.

Draymmond may be long in the tooth and not the player he once and is clearly overpaid (but same can be said about Klay now) and a complete asshat, yet he is the most versatile defender in the NBA along with Ben Simmons. He fits with that team and has an positive impact when he feels like playing which admittedly isn't every game, but I'll take him in a playoff series. He still makes sense for GSW money aside.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:38 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

Suns
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Heat
Warriors
Nets

Meh to that honorable mention. Kemba has to prove he is healthy which to me is a long shot and if he is healthy that he can still produce. Randle has to prove it wasn't a fluke season and that what we saw in the playoffs wasn't him being exposed. I like RJ just fine but he still has to prove he has taken the next step. With Zach, Vuc and DDR you ate least know what those 3 are. The rest the list is just fine but I am not sure the gaps are that far. A lot of it depends on the system Billy runs and if everyone plays their role right. Clearly the talent on the Lakers is top shelf but I almost feel like that is subtraction by addition, adding both Westbrook and Melo (although Melo was good "role" Melo in Portland) can be a problem. Obviously Russ is Russ and he isn't going to change. He honestly seems more like the likely "injury" protection than he is adding value to the team at full strength. Still that 3 is better than anyone else that isn't the Nets if it works for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:52 pm 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Draymmond may be long in the tooth and not the player he once and is clearly overpaid (but same can be said about Klay now) and a complete asshat, yet he is the most versatile defender in the NBA along with Ben Simmons. He fits with that team and has an positive impact when he feels like playing which admittedly isn't every game, but I'll take him in a playoff series. He still makes sense for GSW money aside.

To me his defense has always been overrated. He was never a lockdown guy (As Chicago's very own Tony Allen pointed out). He does nothing offensively to help you win either.

Offensively the Bulls big 3 are very good. They all are 20+ per game scorers and they all pass very well. Not to mention that each can get you a good look at the end of the shot clock.

That is huge.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:56 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Suns
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Heat
Warriors
Nets

Jamal Murray's never carried a team?

I'm out. Have a good Sunday dude.

He had a good series or 2 in the bubble. He has never carried a team in the regular season. Never been an All Star either.
The Bulls big 3 guys have.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:27 pm 

You work for 2K Missing Link?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:51 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

I actually have my interview with them on Wednesday. :lol: :lol:

I think people are underselling Derozan big time. The guy averaged 21 and 7 assists just last season. Those are pretty good numbers.

While most people are focusing on Ball the key to the off-season was the acquisition of Derozan. He makes this team a helluva lot more interesting than they would have been otherwise.

Now they have to figure out what to do with Markannen. I'm starting to lean more towards keeping him for this season as the market isn't there for him currently.

They'd have to give him away for nothing in order to trade him right now. They shouldn't do that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I think people are underselling Derozan big time. The guy averaged 21 and 7 assists just last season. Those are pretty good numbers.

While most people are focusing on Ball the key to the off-season was the acquisition of Derozan. He makes this team a helluva lot more interesting than they would have been otherwise.

Now they have to figure out what to do with Markannen. I'm starting to lean more towards keeping him for this season as the market isn't there for him currently.

They'd have to give him away for nothing in order to trade him right now. They shouldn't do that.

Bulls are still a 6 seed in the East. I can't get excited to watch this team.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:48 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Bulls are still a 6 seed in the East. I can't get excited to watch this team.

Really? I don't think they are amazing but they should be a really fun team to watch honestly. I fully expect it to be sloppy to start the season but I think by the ASB they will have a really fun offense to watch. Their defense will frustrate for sure but they will be fun to watch. Contender? No (well unless they are healthy and everyone is injured again this year) but a much better team than they have been in a long time. The 3 alpha's team was the last time we fielded a competitive squad (while the fallout from that team was bad the team itself wasn't)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:55 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Well I think the only reason Ball got as much press was because there was more market for him, the Big Ballers gang and the fact that for over 2 years there has been talk of Ball to Chicago. I don't think anyone has argued that Ball is better than DDR.

Best option for Lauri is clearly retaining him on the QO right now. Worst case is he earns himself that contract that he wants and either the Bulls pay him or someone else does. The problem is there are only a couple of teams next year that have capsace, the Spurs being one of them and they already couldn't come to terms with him on salary this year. Since the Bulls don't have a single true PF on this team it would be nice to have Lauri, even if he is just a trade chip. I actually think he would do well with this lineup, there are plenty of guys that can get him the ball and he can use his one and only skill. Some how Lauri has come to be considered trash, which isn't true at all, he just isn't great either and he wanted big money. On the QO he is a really good value contract even for just one season. I think he can sign a 1+1 too with the Bulls still.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Well I think the only reason Ball got as much press was because there was more market for him, the Big Ballers gang and the fact that for over 2 years there has been talk of Ball to Chicago. I don't think anyone has argued that Ball is better than DDR.

Best option for Lauri is clearly retaining him on the QO right now. Worst case is he earns himself that contract that he wants and either the Bulls pay him or someone else does. The problem is there are only a couple of teams next year that have capsace, the Spurs being one of them and they already couldn't come to terms with him on salary this year. Since the Bulls don't have a single true PF on this team it would be nice to have Lauri, even if he is just a trade chip. I actually think he would do well with this lineup, there are plenty of guys that can get him the ball and he can use his one and only skill. Some how Lauri has come to be considered trash, which isn't true at all, he just isn't great either and he wanted big money. On the QO he is a really good value contract even for just one season. I think he can sign a 1+1 too with the Bulls still.

Lauri isn't trash but this is a big boy league and Lauri is not a big boy. Him being in a funk is the rule, not the exception.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:35 pm 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I don't think he is trash. I just don't think he is as good as projected when he was a rookie. He still has some value that is why I don't think they should give him away for just anything.
The problem with keeping him around is that he thinks that he should be a starter and he will pout if he isn't.
Don't want a malcontent and he has already requested a trade.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:02 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I don't think he is trash. I just don't think he is as good as projected when he was a rookie. He still has some value that is why I don't think they should give him away for just anything.
The problem with keeping him around is that he thinks that he should be a starter and he will pout if he isn't.
Don't want a malcontent and he has already requested a trade.

I'm not sure he is a malcontent really. I was never a big fan of Lauri, but his pouting is all from google translate from what I can tell. It is all reports from Finland and Finnish. He surely though is not the strongest mentally and was often injured. Still he is better than Bertans is and is a position the Bulls can use this season on a reasonable deal like the QO. His agent absolutely miscalculated his value and he should have signed the extension last year, but that ship has sailed suckas!

Go to RealGM if you want to see some good Lauri polarization. It gets feisty!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
out 4-6 weeks with severe ankle sprain. Not a good start to second year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:46 am 

shakes wrote:

Bulls are extremely lean at the 4 spot too. It's by far their weakest position.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:01 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

Bulls are extremely lean at the 4 spot too. It's by far their weakest position.

You forgot about the 6'4" monster named Javonte Green lol. Totally not sustainable but man he had a couple of monster games.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bump.

Not to say ltg is wrong but to say that I hope he is right.

Some of us Bulls fans actually enjoy rooting for the team to be good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:19 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Bump.

He is better than Kawhi at the same stage. Check the numbers

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bump.

He is better than Kawhi at the same stage. Check the numbers

I hope you’re right. Get well soon Patrick

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next