It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bump.

Not to say ltg is wrong but to say that I hope he is right.

Some of us Bulls fans actually enjoy rooting for the team to be good.

He is better than Kawhi at the same stage. Check the numbers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bump.

Not to say ltg is wrong but to say that I hope he is right.

Some of us Bulls fans actually enjoy rooting for the team to be good.

He is better than Kawhi at the same stage. Check the numbers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about you post the stats from when both were/are 20 CB ? We know that you will never do that will you? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Anybody who put up better stats at 20 than Kawhi is going to be better than Kawhi? JAQ.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:20 am 

More stat line scouting. Only a fool thinks that a bum like Patrick Williams will be as good as future HOF Leonard.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
KDdidit wrote:
Anybody who put up better stats at 20 than Kawhi is going to be better than Kawhi? JAQ.

The HOF is gonna need a few more wings soon

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
More stat line scouting. Only a fool thinks that a bum like Patrick Williams will be as good as future HOF Leonard.

I'm certain that you knew that Kawhi was going to be "HOF Leonard" at 20 also.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:28 am 

KDdidit wrote:

I'm sure that you knew the greatness of Kawhi at 20 also. And considering that your posting history pre dates his arrival to the league please feel free to cite it for the class why don't you?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I called him as a future all star at that age. Nas still owes me an apology for doubting me on here about him

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:35 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No, but I'm certain Williams is a bust

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:39 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No, but I'm certain Williams is a bust

and I'm certain that he isn't

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The Missing Link wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I'm sure that you knew the greatness of Kawhi at 20 also. And considering that your posting history pre dates his arrival to the league please feel free to cite it for the class why don't you?

I do enjoy the ltg-ing of completely ignoring the question. This is your thread comparing Williams and Leonard. It doesn't matter what anybody thought of Kawhi at 20, it only matters what they think of Kawhi now. The thread title is "Patrick Williams will be a better pro than Kawhi Leonard." It isn't "Patrick Williams is a better pro than Kawhi Leonard was at 20."

Is anybody who puts up better stats than Kawhi at 20 going to be better than Kawhi?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:52 am 

KDdidit wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I do enjoy the ltg-ing of completely ignoring the question. This is your thread comparing Williams and Leonard. It doesn't matter what anybody thought of Kawhi at 20, it only matters what they think of Kawhi now. The thread title is "Patrick Williams will be a better pro than Kawhi Leonard." It isn't "Patrick Williams is a better pro than Kawhi Leonard was at 20."

Is anybody who puts up better stats than Kawhi at 20 going to be better than Kawhi?

Here is the point. At 20 Patrick Williams is a better player than Kawhi Leonard was at 20. We don't know that he will not be better than Kawhi at 28 or 30 or whatever he is now. To say that "you know that he won't" means that you knew that Kawhi would be good at 20. Since you didn't all you are doing is engaging in revisionist history.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:58 am 

Quote:
At 20 Patrick Williams is a better player than Kawhi Leonard was at 20.

Just because you keep saying something, don't make it true. At age 20 Kawhi was one of the better young players in the league, on one of the best teams in the league. At the age of 20, Williams is a non-factor on his team. yeah the injury set him back but he was looking awful before that injury.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:10 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:
At 20 Patrick Williams is a better player than Kawhi Leonard was at 20.

Just because you keep saying something, don't make it true. At age 20 Kawhi was one of the better young players in the league, on one of the best teams in the league. At the age of 20, Williams is a non-factor on his team. yeah the injury set him back but he was looking awful before that injury.

Kawhi wasn't "one of the better" young players in the league at 20.

You are merely being revisionist.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:11 am 

He was 4th in minutes on a Spurs team that went to the WCF. What's Patrick done?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:15 am 

Hell, the NBA doesn't think much of Patrick, Saddiq Bey made the rookie team over him and will be a much better player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:20 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Hell, the NBA doesn't think much of Patrick, Saddiq Bey made the rookie team over him and will be a much better player

Sadiq Bey plays on one of the worst teams in the NBA. A team with Jeremi Grant serving as its best player. How good can he really be?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:21 am 

Bob thought Roquan Smith was a bust too :lol: his track record is not good

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:22 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
He was 4th in minutes on a Spurs team that went to the WCF. What's Patrick done?

At 20 Kawhi Leonard averaged 24 min per game. How is that 4th?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:28 pm 

Last 3 to 4 games he has been showing the talent. Tonight he looks every bit the special player they thought they were getting in last year's draft. This kid has eye popping ability.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:11 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Last 3 to 4 games he has been showing the talent. Tonight he looks every bit the special player they thought they were getting in last year's draft. This kid has eye popping ability.

The Twolves aren't even trying tonight.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:13 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

The Twolves aren't even trying tonight.

He has actually played well regardless of opponent the last 3-4 games. He is easily the best player on the floor tonight.

They are missing some guys and so are the Bulls but the kid has game. Just bad that he missed so much time this season. For both him and the team.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:14 am 

Looter in a Riot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:11 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Looter in a Riot

Nah the kid is a big time talent. Billy D has to feature him a lot more than he does. Makes the kid spot up.in the corner and wait for non existent kick out passes from gunning, bum ass Coby White. Yar!

He separated himself from the guys out there as he was supposed to do. Going to be tough against Giannis but the kid (unlike a lot of young players today) will at least take the cover. If he gets fucked up by one of the best players in the world so what. He at least has shown from the moment he entered the league he will guard guys like. Says a lot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:17 am 

Have seen quite a few clips of the kid's off-season workout sessions. Handle looks much tighter.

https://youtu.be/-zvFCBW7JzU

https://twitter.com/BN_Bulls/status/155 ... footage%2F

https://www.bleachernation.com/bulls/20 ... e-footage/

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:19 am 

The only thing that worries me with him is any player that needs to be told to play harder probably will suck. You can't learn a killer instinct and you can't be a star in the NBA without it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:52 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
The only thing that worries me with him is any player that needs to be told to play harder probably will suck. You can't learn a killer instinct and you can't be a star in the NBA without it

I tend to agree with you about this when it comes to players in general, but I don't believe Williams has that problem. I think the biggest problem has been the way BillyD uses him. He has him stand in the corner and wait for the ball so that he can take an open 3. He hasn't allowed him to play with the sort of freedom that a kid with his talent has to play with.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:26 am 

well he does look tighter in his moves in those videos. billy ran the team as if it was in contention, so therefore williams was playing in "big" games at the end. giving him iso plays would have been a terrible idea at his progress level. i bet you see him come right of of the gate this season as a starter with a ton of ball handling time (sex implied).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
well he does look tighter in his moves in those videos. billy ran the team as if it was in contention, so therefore williams was playing in "big" games at the end. giving him iso plays would have been a terrible idea at his progress level. i bet you see him come right of of the gate this season as a starter with a ton of ball handling time (sex implied).

That should have been done when he was rookie. When you look at Melo Ball and Anthony Edwards, to name but a few, the ball was placed in their hands from Day 1 of their rookie years. The Bulls could have did that with Williams but instead they spent most their time trying to figure out what they had in bums like Coby White, which stunted his growth. He has to come on with it this year however. They also have to put him position to show what he has also.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

That should have been done when he was rookie. When you look at Melo Ball and Anthony Edwards, to name but a few, the ball was placed in their hands from Day 1 of their rookie years. The Bulls could have did that with Williams but instead they spent most their time trying to figure out what they had in bums like Coby White, which stunted his growth. He has to come on with it this year however. They also have to put him position to show what he has also.

Great players don't go, "Oh well, they won't give me the ball, guess I'm fucked". I'm not saying that's his attitude, but it is a consideration. If he doesn't go 18 and 9 this year, it's more than a consideration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next