It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fixing The Bull
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It is on Hoiberg to sort it out but I don't think he is capable of doing it. Really don't.

:lol:

Don't walk back all that pro Hoiberg stuff now. I've spent months ripping Hoiberg for failing to run a team properly in all facets and you've repeatedly dismissed those criticisms. Now you're on board when the writing is on the wall? :lol:

That's because your criticisms were invalid. Hoiberg's intentions were good, and that's all we can go on really. Results are irrelevant.

I just hope to one day be able to rise above hate and be truly objective about the Bulls in the way the guy who's blamed everything on Taj Gibson for 3 years is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:51 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It is on Hoiberg to sort it out but I don't think he is capable of doing it. Really don't.

Don't walk back all that pro Hoiberg stuff now. I've spent months ripping Hoiberg for failing to run a team properly in all facets and you've repeatedly dismissed those criticisms. Now you're on board when the writing is on the wall? :lol:

That's because your criticisms were invalid. Hoiberg's intentions were good, and that's all we can go on really. Results are irrelevant.

I just hope to one day be able to rise above hate and be truly objective about the Bulls in the way the guy who's blamed everything on Taj Gibson for 3 years is.

You may like Bums starting I don't however. I never saw him as a starter. He wasn't to be honest. My whole Taj angst always had to do with him starting. If he is starting you don't have a good team.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
You may like Bums starting I don't however. I never saw him as a starter. He wasn't to be honest. My whole Taj angst always had to do with him starting. If he is starting you don't have a good team.

How is the front office's poor roster decisions Taj's fault?

Taj is a good player on playoff teams.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:52 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Rotation guy on a playoff team. 7th or 8th man no problem. Starter and a guy you run your offense through problem. I always had a problem with the "why isn't he starting argument". He was overrated even in his better years. Doesn't hurt you if he is playing 15-18 mins a game. Stretch him out beyond that and you are in trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Rotation guy on a playoff team. 7th or 8th man no problem. Starter and a guy you run your offense through problem. I always had a problem with the "why isn't he starting argument". He was overrated even in his better years. Doesn't hurt you if he is playing 15-18 mins a game. Stretch him out beyond that and you are in trouble.

When in the hell did they run their offense through Taj...man layoff the Dew

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:27 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You must have missed all of the isos where Taj refused to pass even while doubled. Taj was a black hole in the post. Another student move of Hoiberg's was that idiotic corner Taj 3 shot. As the old adage goes "you're open for a reason"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You must have missed all of the isos where Taj refused to pass even while doubled. Taj was a black hole in the post. Another student move of Hoiberg's was that idiotic corner Taj 3 shot. As the old adage goes "you're open for a reason"

you're wrong as you have been in most of your posts

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

As playbooks go yours has about as much variety in it as an Andrew Dice Clay comedy show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
long time guy wrote:
As playbooks go yours has about as much variety in it as an Andrew Dice Clay comedy show.

Round here, he's known as Crazy Larry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:03 pm 

As playbooks go yours has about as much variety in it as an Andrew Dice Clay comedy show.[/quote]

Double team...ball hog....blah blah blah....how's your "BOY" Boogie doing????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:04 pm 

Double team...ball hog....blah blah blah....how's your "BOY" Boogie doing????[/quote]

Quite well actually.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Double team...ball hog....blah blah blah....how's your "BOY" Boogie doing????

Quite well actually.[/quote]
No he's not

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:13 am 

A couple of tidbits from Ken Berger's piece on the Bull.

Distrust. Dysfunction. Disappointment. Yes, These Are Your Chicago Bulls.

Some rival teams always felt that the additions of Wade and Rondo were never going to work out. “It’s a three-point shooting league, and they have a backcourt where that’s not their forte,” a rival head coach told Berger.

Chicago’s lack of shooting is problematic, but Hoiberg contributes to the organizations’ issues. There’s a belief around the league that Butler is not a fan of the coach and a rival scout told Berger that he’s seen instances of Butler, Wade, and Rondo ignoring the coach’s play calls. “When Fred would call plays on the sideline, Rondo would just flat-out blow him off,” said the scout. “Wade does it, too. Butler does it, too. … That becomes infectious.”

Another rival coach told Berger that the Bulls‘ front office wants Hoiberg to work out, adding that the franchise was entertaining trade offers for Butler because dealing the 3-time All-Star would “protect” Hoiberg. “Getting rid of Butler saves Fred’s job,” the source said. “Otherwise, malaise continues.”

I'm fine if you want to move on from Butler, but if your doing so just to save Fred Holberg's job then there's no hope for this franchise with this Front Office in charge.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
They're probably going to save Fred's job regardless because Reinsdorf isn't paying him to not coach for 3 years and it's extremely unlikely another team would let the Bulls off the hook for any of that salary and give Fred another chance given his performance in the NBA (despite previous protestations that it's simply impossible to know if he's really a bad coach). Trading Butler just makes it easier for the joke of the front office to pretend it was the fault of someone else yet again rather than their own utter incompetence.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:04 am 

What accounts for Butler throwing teammates under the bus over the past 2 seasons. It is easy to side with him against Hoiberg given pro Thibs biases. What accounts for his continuous campaign to discredit teammates?

Fact of it is that he isn't as good as he thought he was an GarPax should try and bounce him. Either the Bulls have talent or they don't. Most people on here hated the team when it was constructed. To hear them tell it they are disappointed at the lack of a championship push. Can't have it both ways. A team that no one thought was good cannot also be considered an underachiever.

Bulls bashing was at a premium during the summer and everyone hated the moves. Now it's all on Hoiberg. It's disingenuous.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Can't have it both ways. A team that no one thought was good cannot also be considered an underachiever.

Bulls bashing was at a premium during the summer and everyone hated the moves. Now it's all on Hoiberg. It's disingenuous.

They aren't mutually exclusive....who here is claiming they're underachieving ? They can have a shit roster but that doesn't absolve Hoiberg from being awful.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:37 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Can't have it both ways. A team that no one thought was good cannot also be considered an underachiever.

They aren't mutually exclusive....who here is claiming they're underachieving ? They can have a shit roster but that doesn't absolve Hoiberg from being awful.

I'm now of the belief that he's in over his head, but, if the Bull finish over 500 and make the playoffs, is that not a decent coaching job by Hoiberg considering this roster?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:54 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I think Hoiberg should go because I don't believe that he is the solution. It doesn't mean that I necessarily think he is the primary problem either. He is a middle of the road coach in my book. I think he was dealt a bad hand but I also don't think he has helped the situation. To suggest that he is awful doesn't really address the point. Hyperbolic rhetoric designed for a message board audience.

The Bulls need to be rebuilt from the top down. From management to the coach to the so called "top 10" player. everyone needs to be bounced. To solely focus on Hoiberg misses the boat and frankly that is all some on here ever want to discuss. You place POp in as coach and the Bulls are no more than a 6th seed. That is my issue. There isn't much talent on here and you have a malcontent of a "star" player that isn't the guy to build around if ever you get good. He is part of the problem too yet it is conveniently ignored because he is the best player. He undermined the coach from day one and it has continued to this day. If people think that he is going to change once a more established coach comes in think again. He after all has gotten his money so what does he really care?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 am 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I think Hoiberg should go because I don't believe that he is the solution. It doesn't mean that I necessarily think he is the primary problem either. He is a middle of the road coach in my book. I think he was dealt a bad hand but I also don't think he has helped the situation. To suggest that he is awful doesn't really address the point. Hyperbolic rhetoric designed for a message board audience.

The Bulls need to be rebuilt from the top down. From management to the coach to the so called "top 10" player. everyone needs to be bounced. To solely focus on Hoiberg misses the boat and frankly that is all some on here ever want to discuss. You place POp in as coach and the Bulls are no more than a 6th seed. That is my issue. There isn't much talent on here and you have a malcontent of a "star" player that isn't the guy to build around if ever you get good. He is part of the problem too yet it is conveniently ignored because he is the best player. He undermined the coach from day one and it has continued to this day. If people think that he is going to change once a more established coach comes in think again. He after all has gotten his money so what does he really care?

Hoiberg is the NBA's version of Trestman. He has zero control or respect in the locker room. That alone should get him removed immediately. The talent on the roster has nothing to do with it. He could be coaching a collection of All-Stars but he would still fail as coach if he cannot get anyone to respect him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:04 am 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Hoiberg is the NBA's version of Trestman. He has zero control or respect in the locker room. That alone should get him removed immediately. The talent on the roster has nothing to do with it. He could be coaching a collection of All-Stars but he would still fail as coach if he cannot get anyone to respect him.

I don't care about respect I care about results. Do you think Steve Kerr is overly respected? The disrespect with Hoiberg comes from Butler and filters down to the rest of the team. Wade is party to it also. Young non established guys cannot be overly disrespectful for the very reason that they aren't established.

The Bulls are right about where they should be record wise. If he were doing such an "awful" job they wouldn't be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:21 am 

Nah, this roster could easily be a 5 or 6 seed right now. I believe Hoiberg has definitely left a few wins on the table, due to his inane fourth quarter lineups early in the season (playing Mirotic while Taj sits?) and his benching of Rondo.

Butler and Wade's teammates love and respect them. You see it on the court on a nightly basis. And both are smart enough and talented enough to know when the coach is out of his element.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:

I don't care about respect I care about results. Do you think Steve Kerr is overly respected? The disrespect with Hoiberg comes from Butler and filters down to the rest of the team. Wade is party to it also. Young non established guys cannot be overly disrespectful for the very reason that they aren't established.

The Bulls are right about where they should be record wise. If he were doing such an "awful" job they wouldn't be.

I think it's pretty clear that Steve Kerr is extremely respected by his players, if you've been following the Warriors. Kerr is a tough cookie. Hoiberg is not. Noah, Gibson, Rondo (bad guy, I know) have all stated that he didn't say things to them that he said he communicated to them. He's viewed as a liar. This is no small thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:44 am 

IMU wrote:
Nah, this roster could easily be a 5 or 6 seed right now. I believe Hoiberg has definitely left a few wins on the table, due to his inane fourth quarter lineups early in the season (playing Mirotic while Taj sits?) and his benching of Rondo.

Butler and Wade's teammates love and respect them. You see it on the court on a nightly basis. And both are smart enough and talented enough to know when the coach is out of his element.

He has blown a few games will admit. I disagree about respecting Wade and Butler. Rondo and Grant both took them to task over the playing hard stuff. That was real.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:58 am 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You can't have a guy being a leader of your team if his "troops" have zero respect for him. It's been a disaster from the start and almost an identical problem that we saw with Trestman with the Bears.

Of course Kerr is respected in the Warriors locker room.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

He has blown a few games will admit. I disagree about respecting Wade and Butler. Rondo and Grant both took them to task over the playing hard stuff. That was real.

Rondo commented on Wade not practicing as often or as hard, which simply does not matter. Wade sitting in back to back's is a coach's decision, so we're back to Hoiberg. I don't think Wade asks to sit out. Rondo simply has no ground to stand on when it comes to questioning Butler's work ethic at all. We've see Butler's work ethic. Rondo clearly has not.

I don't give any flying, swimming or crawling fucks what Jerian Grant says or does.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:lol: I never saw this. I stand by my argument that 1) good draft picks are as much a result of luck/chance as they are of good scouting, with a few variables thrown in (e.g. trading up for a specific player) that can help you better determine the ratio between luck and scouting; and 2) the Cutler trade in 2009 was good, and that to blame Angelo for its disappointing results is not entirely fair. It's easy to make calls based on hindsight.

You can't apply any of those arguments to this Hoiberg disaster - coaching is an entirely different animal.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You can't have a guy being a leader of your team if his "troops" have zero respect for him. It's been a disaster from the start and almost an identical problem that we saw with Trestman with the Bears.

This is basically it, LTG. The difference between Hoiberg and an excellent coach like Pop or Thibs may be a few games given the roster, but it's also equally about bringing it each night, the culture/reputation you create, and the ability to win games you shouldn't win just based on preparation, effort, and discipline. That's the difference between great coaches and aspiring shampoo models like Hoiberg. The most recent example I can think of is Thibs and the Bulls stealing a playoff series win against the Nets despite not having Rose, and seeing Noah and I think Deng get injured during the series. In the end it didn't matter because the Bulls were going nowhere, just like they are this year, but that kind of thing will never happen under Hoiberg because he presides over dysfunction of his own making. You repeatedly keep referring to the talent, but you're missing out on a whole host of other reasons for why teams suck.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:55 pm 

Get rid of every mother fucker ! Keep Fred and GarPax and you are looking at a title in a year2 tops

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

This is basically it, LTG. The difference between Hoiberg and an excellent coach like Pop or Thibs may be a few games given the roster, but it's also equally about bringing it each night, the culture/reputation you create, and the ability to win games you shouldn't win just based on preparation, effort, and discipline. That's the difference between great coaches and aspiring shampoo models like Hoiberg. The most recent example I can think of is Thibs and the Bulls stealing a playoff series win against the Nets despite not having Rose, and seeing Noah and I think Deng get injured during the series. In the end it didn't matter because the Bulls were going nowhere, just like they are this year, but that kind of thing will never happen under Hoiberg because he presides over dysfunction of his own making. You repeatedly keep referring to the talent, but you're missing out on a whole host of other reasons for why teams suck.

The crux of this is true except for one thing. The Bulls quit on Thibs that last season. I don't think it was because of GarPax either. If he were really the coach that makes them run through a wall for him then they'd have done it that last season. I was a Pro Thibs guy first 4 years but that last season left a sour taste. They should have been 2nd in the conf with the talent they had. I think he does his best work with try hard teams with little talent. I don't think he is a championship coach either.

Hoiberg isn't the guy for many of the reasons cited but I just think that he deserved at least 2 yrs to figure it out. he isn't Del Negro behind the bench and I don't his "star" players or management have done him any favors in that regard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next