It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Channel 5 said he already applied and was accepted. He's gonna try to be a walk on basketball player. I'm sure he'll make the team. He's not that good but they'll let he be on the team. Marcus is the real talent of the Jordan boys.

Hey Mr. Reason. Tell the women in Champain to get ready. MJ will be down there if his son is there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:46 pm 

He probably chose Illinois because he could pay instate tuition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
If Jeffery warms the bench and M Jeff finds some worthy players for his sausagefests, then maybe that will pave the way for Marcus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Good point Mr. Reason. Although I think because Marcus is good and will be heavily recruited he'll end up wanting to please his Dad and go to North Carolina. They'll want him obviously. No major college wanted Jeffery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:10 am 

He will add nothing to the program except an interesting story for TV during blowouts.

If I was set for life and could walk on at any program, I'd find a decent school with a good social life in a warm climate. I would not spend my 4 years in a cold cornfield watching suburban chicagoans starting fights at bars over whose frat is better. Somebody needs to talk to the kid quickly before he makes a very bad decision.

You do not have to worry about paying for school or expenses. You do not have to worry about employment once you finish. You could go to 99% of the schools in the world and you choose Illinois? Wise up young man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Hey dolphin, :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:32 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
GD has obviously never had a cheeseburger at Murphy's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:35 am 

I think Jeffrey Jordan has officially joined the Ron Zook bandwagon.

The newest rumor is that he will be purchasing the 60 dollar season ticket package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:43 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Hey dolphin, :D .

No disrespect of course. Seriously though, he could choose a place like Pepperdine and literally take courses in surfing. He could go to Hawaii and live in paradise. He could go abroad and have a great anonymous existence (and probably could play professionally in a few years). He could even go to one of those old southern schools and nail more belles than his dad could dream of. The college counselors at Loyola Academy ought to be fired.

On the same note, if I could live anywhere without concern for money or employment, Chicago would not be my full time address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 am 

"On the same note, if I could live anywhere without concern for money or employment, Chicago would not be my full time address."

You just aren't blue collar enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yeah...
i'd be living on my charter fishing boat in the puerta vallarta marina.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
No disrespect of course. Seriously though, he could choose a place like Pepperdine and literally take courses in surfing. He could go to Hawaii and live in paradise. He could go abroad and have a great anonymous existence (and probably could play professionally in a few years). He could even go to one of those old southern schools and nail more belles than his dad could dream of. The college counselors at Loyola Academy ought to be fired.

On the same note, if I could live anywhere without concern for money or employment, Chicago would not be my full time address.

Maybe he likes the putrid smell of the soybean processing plant when the aroma gently floats throughout campus? The only reasonable explanation is that although he could go anywhere, he is just a huge home body and doesn't want to be too far away from his mom or dad. Only thing I could think of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The addition of Lil' Jeff to the Illini will do wonders in helping Illinois recruiting.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:40 am 

I agree with you Hawk. It was reported on several occasions that he was strongly considering Loyola U. LU offered the scholarship to him and a couple other players. The Sun Times reported about a month ago that a player it (sun times) considered the better player.

All the local interest by him does indicate he wanted to stay close to home. That's not unusual and LA sends 50 kids a year to UI. Still, I imagine he will be sitting there at the beginning of the second semester next year and asking dad if Lute Olsen could use a good assistant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:47 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I think you are putting too much stock in these trivial concerns. Kids go to college to learn. I'm not sure of his aspirations but I think you are forgetting that UofI is at the top of the charts in both their Engineering and Accounting departments.

I'm sure little Jeff is interested in attaining his CPA and settling in a nice mid-size firm in the hope of becoming partner someday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:47 am 
1000 CLUB

You guys are all missing an obvious possibility. Maybe he has a girlfriend going to Illinois. If he's in love that trumps all the reasons against going to Illinois.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
That's actually a very realistic point Beardown considering his age. A lot of guys his age get their first piece and think they're in love. If that actually is the case though, I feel bad for the girl's chances of keeping the son of M-Jeff tied down. He'll be a poon magnet based solely on his last name.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Quote:
He'll be a poon magnet based solely on his last name.

I know I was.

Quote:
What does a Polack have that's long and hard?

His last name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:28 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I think you are putting too much stock in these trivial concerns. Kids go to college to learn. I'm not sure of his aspirations but I think you are forgetting that UofI is at the top of the charts in both their Engineering and Accounting departments.

I'm sure little Jeff is interested in attaining his CPA and settling in a nice mid-size firm in the hope of becoming partner someday.

It really means nothing to me. I'm just living vicariously as he is truely in an enviable position.

You are thinking like a member of the middle class Doc. The kid is sitting on a near billion dollar empire. Second generation billionaires get degrees in social work and then start foundations when they get out of school. After a few years of creating a good story they enter politics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Quote:
He'll be a poon magnet based solely on his last name.

I know I was.

your last name is Poonmagnet, Killer?
wow...and I thought Stephonopolopodopolous was unique.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Is Illinois an accredited school? I'm assuming it is since it's in the Big Ten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:13 pm 

Quote:
good dolphin wrote:
You are thinking like a member of the middle class Doc.

I spend like one too.

Perhaps a :wink: would have been appropriate on my part. My apologies. I like the Illini but I'm pretty sure Jeff isn't going there to be a CPA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:11 pm 

Jeff Jordan just wants to experience what its like to sit in a 11AM Chemistry 101 discussion class in the Noyes Lab when it's 95 outside and there is no air conditioning.