It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what the hell was that?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Bulls had a million chances to close out that game. I take zero comfort in the feel-good comeback story. At this point, they can't afford to throw away any games, and now they're fucking exhausted heading into NY tomorrow night, a game they should win but I'm afraid now they're going to piss away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree w/ you on the Nocioni point, but Nas, Tyson is a foul machine. I think Skiles was trying to make sure he had him down the stretch. Tyson & Gordon are two guys they need the most, and the two guys who pick up the most and the dumbest fouls.

Hitting a few free throws would have helped as well...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

nastradamus wrote:
President Haywood wrote:
The Bulls had a million chances to close out that game. I take zero comfort in the feel-good comeback story. At this point, they can't afford to throw away any games, and now they're fucking exhausted heading into NY tomorrow night, a game they should win but I'm afraid now they're going to piss away...

I think Skiles has blown the last two games they have lost. Why is Noch taking the last shot of the game? Why doesn't he keep Tyson out there longer? I know he can't score but he is a defensive presence and grabs every rebound in sight. I think he had 17 rebounds in like 28 mins. This was a game they could have built upon but they blew it at the end.

What was that last play ? Noch just held the ball for about 2 seconds, and then was forced to throw up a long jump shot. I think he was expecting to give the ball up right away, and it never happened.

How does that confusion happen after the timeout ?

Unbelievable.

Hello, 2 lottery picks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Can't argue with anything either of you have written. I guess it boils down to bad teams find ways to lose games like this instead of winning them. Pax has some work to do in the offseason we'll just have to see what he can do with two the 1st rounders and in free agency. Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I have all the confidence in the world w/ Pax on the draft picks, but I'm not holding my breath for free agency...

If they can't land a big fish, I'd rather not see them force a big contract and instead sign a few quality guys, build a bench like the Spurs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Reason wrote:
Can't argue with anything either of you have written. I guess it boils down to bad teams find ways to lose games like this instead of winning them. Pax has some work to do in the offseason we'll just have to see what he can do with two the 1st rounders and in free agency. Any thoughts?

We have plenty of money to spend on free agents...Problem is, there really isn't much to spend that money on. This free agent class sucks. The 2007 class is going to be great, so we missed out by one season.

So, this leads to trades - we should have the top three pick from NY, and then a pick in the 10-15 range along with the cap space to go out, and hopefully find a team that's looking to totally rebuild.

The two names popping up are Paul Pierce (who Boston say they aren't trading - nobody believes that), and Kevin Garnett (who is 29, still great, but has played a lot of games).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, but we can't trade now. Thomas is off the books, so unless the Bulls trade Chandler, they'd have to unload their whole fucking roster to get a star player. Everyone on their squad makes 5 mil or less...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

President Haywood wrote:
I have all the confidence in the world w/ Pax on the draft picks, but I'm not holding my breath for free agency...

If they can't land a big fish, I'd rather not see them force a big contract and instead sign a few quality guys, build a bench like the Spurs...

I'm going to be both surprised and pissed if we use both of these draft picks.

If we use them, in a way, we are kind of rebuilding with 2 more rookies.

I have a lot of confidence in Paxson, I think he wants to add an all-star caliber player to this team, and I think he's going to try and use the draft pick(s) as a big piece of any deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

President Haywood wrote:

I agree with the bench but then we have to have someone step up and be a bigtime player. I don't know if that guy is on our roster- maybe Deng? Gordon can do some amazing things sometimes but I think he is what he is, if that makes any sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

You have to target a guy who's 2-3 years in the league but hasn't gotten his big payday yet. Like Chris Bosh. You know he won't stay in Toronto when his deal is up. Give Toronto the lottery picks, match the salary, and bring in a guy like that. But veteran star players are out, the Bulls don't have the contracts to swap, which is a good thing really, it means they don't have any more shitty contracts on the books...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

President Haywood wrote:
Yeah, but we can't trade now. Thomas is off the books, so unless the Bulls trade Chandler, they'd have to unload their whole fucking roster to get a star player. Everyone on their squad makes 5 mil or less...

I though, though, that if you're under the cap (which the Bulls will be at about 15 million under) then you can take on a salary as long as it doesn't put you over the cap. I think that's how they would be able to take on a player making 10+ million.

Could be wrong.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

President Haywood wrote:
You have to target a guy who's 2-3 years in the league but hasn't gotten his big payday yet. Like Chris Bosh. You know he won't stay in Toronto when his deal is up. Give Toronto the lottery picks, match the salary, and bring in a guy like that. But veteran star players are out, the Bulls don't have the contracts to swap, which is a good thing really, it means they don't have any more shitty contracts on the books...

Love the Chris Bosh idea....Of course, Toronto traded Rose/1st round pick away for some cap flexibility this summer to make the team better and convince Bosh to stick around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know. It's easy to sit here and play GM. But a man can dream, can't he?

PG - Hinrich
SG - Gordon
SF - Deng
PF - Bosh
C - Chandler

That would be a nice starting five...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

President Haywood wrote:
I know. It's easy to sit here and play GM. But a man can dream, can't he?

PG - Hinrich
SG - Gordon
SF - Deng
PF - Bosh
C - Chandler

That would be a nice starting five...

I'm popping a chubby over that too, but I just don't see Toronto letting Bosh go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:09 am 
1000 CLUB

nastradamus wrote:
I'm hope the Bulls can trade for a young star instead of 30+ stars. Giving up young talent for someone like that will only set the Bulls back. Yes they will make the playoffs but they won't win it all and would have to start all over again in a few years. While the player(s) they trade will be stars for another team. They have a lot of nice young talent all they really need is someone who can score inside. Maybe Tyson can work on his offensive game this summer I know he will never average 15 points a game but 10 would be nice. I really doubt Toronto would trade Bosh to the Bulls because they have to sell their fans on something and trading him would be defeat that purpose.

The one name that I've heard (courtesy of Sam Smith) that I don't want is Ray Allen. He's still an all-star player, but I'd be worried that he would start to decline after another year or two.

Also, in free agency, Ben Wallace - no thanks. Love Big Ben, but do we really want 2 players in our starting lineup who can't score ? I think he stays in Detroit, but if he did leave, I think he goes to a team more playoff ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Would love to see Aldridge in a Bulls uniform, but the fact that he’s 20 years old and already has injury concerns makes me nervous. Overall, this is not a good year for big men. Actually, the draft class as a whole looks pretty weak…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

President Haywood wrote:
Would love to see Aldridge in a Bulls uniform, but the fact that he’s 20 years old and already has injury concerns makes me nervous. Overall, this is not a good year for big men. Actually, the draft class as a whole looks pretty weak…

I'm just losing interest in drafting high every year, and then eventually let those players go when they either suck or we don't want to pay them....

I think Paxson needs to change this trend - we already have enough young players. Bring in some help.