It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:45 pm 

I hope the Bulls use the Knicks draft pick to get Tyrus Thomas from UCLA, move Deng to the 2 gaurd Hinrich PG, Tyrus Thomas SF, trade gordon and their draft pick for a good consisent PF/C maybe, KG. Also I don't want them to get Morrison (cry baby) or Aldrige Big Baby Davis owned his ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Aldridge was playing both Thomas & Davis by himself. Texas' other big man is like Pittsnogle, no post game at all, just a shooter like Songaila. I wouldn't read too much into it. Aldridge is still a top 3 pick and a better prospect than Tyrus Thomas, who needs 2-3 years before he can contribute at the NBA level. The Bulls need someone that can step in and play now. Also, Deng is not a scoring guard. He's an all purpose, well rounded, perimeter guy. He's perfect where he is.

I wouldn't trade anyone at this point. There is no need to subract when they're in a perfect position to add. They have 2 lottery picks, a boatload of cash, and the better of their pick vs the Knicks' pick next year. As I see it, they have 3 holes to fill and 4 opportunities to fill them (the fourth of course being the option to trade next years' pick to do something in the 06 offseason).

I'd draft Aldridge with the Knicks pick. I'd draft a legitimate 2-guard like Brandon Roy, Rodney Carney, or Ronnie Brewer w/ the Bulls pick. Then do everything you can to lure Harrington to town (Nene would be a decent, cheaper, plan B if somebody else snatches Harrington).

The only reason I'd trade someone would be chemistry issues. ie: if Gordon and Skiles are in fact having problems getting along, then perhaps you need to move Ben before it get's ugly. But so far, I have no reason to believe those rumors are true.

Your 2006-2007 Bulls would look something like this:

PG Kirk Hinrich
SG Ben Gordon
SF Luol Deng
PF * Al Harrington
C Tyson Chandler

pg chris duhon
gf ** roy/carney/brewer
sf andres nocioni
pf darius songaila
fc *** lamarcus aldridge
fc michael sweetney
c malik allen

* free agent
** bulls draft pick
*** knicks draft pick

But what the hell do I know? I'm just some pud on a message board. We'll see what Pax has up his sleeve...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
This being my least favorite and followed sport, I enjoy your basketball acumen Haywood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
If I were GM for a day, I'd draft Aldridge and Roy. But Tyrus Thomas is a beast. I'd love to have him, but the other two fit what the Bulls need right now. And Prez, you say you're a pud, but you'd still do a better job than Danny Ainge. But then again puds don't make the best GM's. Isn't that right Isiah?