Will The Bulls Make The Playoffs?
Yes 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
No 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Playoffs?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Is anyone really that jacked that the Bulls could sneak into the playoffs? The 8th seed and the opportunity to get their asses handed to them by Detroit doesn't do much for me. I'd rather take my chances with the ping-pong balls. What does a 3 and out series really accomplish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

If you don't mind, I'd like to have my cake and eat it too. If the Bulls don't make the playoffs and get pick 13-14 in the lottery, I'll be a little pissed. At that point, I'd rather see them pick 15-16 and get their asses whipped by Detroit. If however, they get lucky w/ the ping pong balls and turn a 14 into an 8, then I say it's worth missing out on the postseason.

Kind of a bullshit answer, but that's my stance. There's not a tremendous difference in value between the last lottery team and the first non-lottery team. So, unless they were to get very lucky, there's really not much harm to be done by starting a streak of postseason births.

Also, I'd really like to see them take a big w/ the Knicks pick and a 2-guard with their pick. This is a fairly deep draft for off guards, so there should still be some value on the board in the early teens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

By the way, in response to your poll question, look at the Bulls schedule down the stretch, very favorable. Plus, they play Philly back to back next week. There's your season right there boys & girls. The only bitch left on the schedule is a game at Miami, but it's so close to playoff time (3rd from the end IIRC) that Miami may be in full blown cruise control to rest their horses and steer clear of sprained ankles and the like.

They'd be a very weak playoff team, but I honestly think they may sneak in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
For very selfish reasons, I'd like to see the season end at the end of the regular season if they lack the cojones to win it all and I don't mean it in the same way Lovie does. The games and the comotion they cause by the stadium slow down my bus ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well it's settled then. They should tank the rest of the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
nastradamus wrote:
I thought about doing this poll yesterday until I remembered I was banned from doing polls.

See all that bashing I did worked. Nice.