It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:00 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
My warning to LTIR Carcillo immediately after his knee did things knees don't do was not heeded! As such, the Hawks must carry him on the roster as an unusable 23rd man for seven games, which will mean Rockford Shuffling or John Scott games. I don't know why I expected the Blackhawks to demonstrate competent roster management; this is a team that habitually failed to use IR and LTIR to its advantage last year, and then fucked up the Brandon Saad tryout session this year by having to call up Salak for one offday practice, forfeiting Saad for the entire season. There's also the matter of aggravating Marcus Kruger's injury, another organizational problem altogether.

The right thing to do would've been to place Carcillo on LTIR, freeing up the roster slot during his injury well through the trade deadline, at which point active rosters expand from 23 to 50 and it matters not to carry him as a scratch/suspension.

The Flyers are basically the East's Blackhawks, with top-heavy scoring and mediocre goaltending slotting them right in the land of the second-round out. Should be a close game, edge to the home team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You got to be freaking kidding me!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:24 pm 

Well, that's some of the worst hockey I've seen this team play.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Thought they turned a corner and settled from last year...got better. WTF?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

What is with these fuckers and the standing around on defense and not paying attention? The Flyers were in a shift change fer chrissakes! Keith doesn't know what the fuck is going on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:29 pm 

FUCKING CHRIST

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
6 minutes worth of penalties the last 10 minutes of the game, plus horrible fucking defensive coverage. These guys are primed for a 1 and done playoff series. They arent that good despite their record.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 pm 

lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
badrogue17 wrote:
6 minutes worth of penalties the last 10 minutes of the game, plus horrible fucking defensive coverage. These guys are primed for a 1 and done playoff series. They arent that good despite their record.

yep, I can't remember the last time I saw a team this high up in the standings in any sport that was this overrated. This team is mediocre at best and has been all year. No idea how they have as many pts as they do, probably the benefit of that very easy schedule to start the year.

I love Kaner, but I would bench him the next time he takes a high sticking penalty. Same goes for Sharp who has now taken bad penalties in 2 consecutive games.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:01 pm 

shakes wrote:
yep, I can't remember the last time I saw a team this high up in the standings in any sport that was this overrated.

The Florida Panthers in 3rd place this year.

Quote:
This team is mediocre at best and has been all year. No idea how they have as many pts as they do, probably the benefit of that very easy schedule to start the year.

I don't think the schedule has been that easy. They've had lots of three-in-fours already, and I think their schedule has more three-in-fours and back-to-backs than anyone (they usually do). The only real strike against strength of schedule so far is that they still have five games to go with the Red Wings. They have as many points as they do because they've gone to overtime/shootout a lot and gotten lucky in one-goal or shootout wins. They've only now been on the wrong side of one-goal games a lot. They're somewhere between 6th and 10th best in the league right now: not as good as advertised, but above mediocre. Mediocre would be the Maple Leafs, Stars, Coyotes, Predators, Kings, Jets, et al.

You want an easy schedule? Look at the Sharks. They've barely played any games!