It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Reverse rink action FTW! I'm drinking for this one...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Edmonton games? Depressing? Not the ones that aren't 9-2 losses. I love that it's one of the only arenas left with a distinctive appearance: upside-down rink, not-exactly-white ice, banner ads running along the outside of the dashers. Pleasantly weird. Same with Nassau.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 pm 

Shame of shames that Shaw rang the post on that shot a little earlier. Only fuckin' Cam Barker can have a blowout like that on Edmonton's ice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Edmonton games? Depressing? Not the ones that aren't 9-2 losses. I love that it's one of the only arenas left with a distinctive appearance: upside-down rink, not-exactly-white ice, banner ads running along the outside of the dashers. Pleasantly weird. Same with Nassau.

On certain nights, you can still hear the sounds of Gretzky cherry picking if its quiet enough in the arena.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
On certain nights, you can still hear the sounds of Gretzky cherry picking if its quiet enough in the arena.

You can also hear Grant Fuhr snorting coke, but that might just be those rah beern peeg like the ones at Wrigley.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 pm 

Dear Vic Stalberg,
That is how you finish great set ups from Kane.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 pm 

Why has Crawford started a fourth consecutive game after three consecutive losses? Black History Month means nothing to this team.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 pm 

and another limp dick power play goes by the wayside.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:57 pm 

So fuckin' done with Crawford and Bickell. God, this team is awful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 pm 

Its like some nights you just want to slap them as a team and say WAKE THE FUCK UP.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Its like some nights you just want to slap them as a team and say WAKE THE FUCK UP.

When a team takes as many nights off as the Blackhawks do--and I'd say no one in this league slacks as often as they do--you have to start looking at the coach, don't you?

Failing that, we need to issue a moratorium on proclaiming Toews to be the captainiest captain who ever captained when his team doesn't give a shit on defense. If that's his leadership by example, he's leading them to 7th place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm 

I think thats the biggest difference between the Cup team and now. The shot differential / commitment to playing defense and they players that had then were just better at it than this group, especially the 3rd and 4th liners. John Scott? Bickell? Coach Q seems to get a pass in a lot of this but yes I would say some of this reflects on him as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 pm 

Q has to stop playing John Scott. I mean, there's no way around it. O'Donnell is old and Lepisto is mediocre, but neither is the blatant liability that Scott is, and neither will have to be benched for periods at a time, thus adding even more minutes to Keith and Seabrook. No lower defenseman will commit to shot-blocking, which means that falls to Hjalmarsson. And Leddy has been pretty streaky, too. That's a problem. Bickell is barely playing well enough to stay in the league. Yeah, there's just not as much talent rounding out the roster. But there's more talent coming up through the ranks, right? Right?

I don't know if it's on the arena's end or on CSN's, but they're doing a piss-poor job showing the penalty clocks tonight. They freeze, don't come up at all, don't come off, it's a mess.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 pm 

Crawford putting on his best martin brodeur impression tonight... Sans the actual saves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm 

This team is starting to depress me. Crawford is the second-worst goalie in the league. Gotta be. Thank heavens for Steve Mason.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 pm 

Sam Gagne shouldn't get 6 points against this, or any team...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:48 pm 

Crawford this year:

Shutout: 0 games
1 goal: 6 games
2 goals: 12 games
3 goals: 9 games
4 goals: 7 games
5 goals: 3 games (including tonight)
6 goals: 1 game

So there you go, 3+ goals in 20 out of 38 games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 pm 

Crawford is not very good. Even if this team upgrades on D and adds some secondary scoring, it still as a big hole in goal. This game is a perfect example--4 goals against a team like the Oilers should be enough. Even if the games Crawford playes "well", he still seems to give up goals. I can't think of a game he has won on his own all year. Maybe instead of a blue-liner, Stan needs to find an upgrade in goal. Moving forward, this needs to be addressed because the more I watch Crawford the more I think he is Huet or Thibault (sp?).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:55 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Crawford this year:

Shutout: 0 games
1 goal: 6 games
2 goals: 12 games
3 goals: 9 games
4 goals: 7 games
5 goals: 3 games (including tonight)
6 goals: 1 game

So there you go, 3+ goals in 20 out of 38 games.

The numbers don't lie. He is a 7th or 8th place goalie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
crosscheck wrote:
Sam Gagne shouldn't get 6 points against this, or any team...

8 points is more like it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:10 am 

Laziest, weakest, most defensively inept team in the league, and that's with the Blue Jackets on pace for the worst post-lockout record. No use getting worked up over these games anymore. These guys all suck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:24 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Duncan Keith has gone from great to bad very quickly, the Defense blows, & Kahner has just 10 goals.
I thought Crawford was ready to be the #1 Goalie, so did the Hawks, Oops. Bowmans free agent signings haven't helped this team at all. Anything can happen, but this team will lose in the first round if they don't get their heads out of their asses.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Scorehead wrote:
Duncan Keith has gone from great to bad very quickly, the Defense blows, & Kahner has just 10 goals.
I thought Crawford was ready to be the #1 Goalie, so did the Hawks, Oops. Bowmans free agent signings haven't helped this team at all. Anything can happen, but this team will lose in the first round if they don't get their heads out of their asses.

Again. Bowman did not think this team would win a cup this year. There's a reason he signed a bunch of aging players to one year deals. They are all fillers until Rockford kids are ready to contribute up here full time.

Yes tonight looks bad, and it's easy for morons to shout Trade Kane AH!!!!!!!!! This is still the same team that arguably outplayed Vancouver two nights ago. The defensive holes are what they are. They are still a top team in the West with very obvious holes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Again. Bowman did not think this team would win a cup this year. There's a reason he signed a bunch of aging players to one year deals. They are all fillers until Rockford kids are ready to contribute up here full time.

Yes tonight looks bad, and it's easy for morons to shout Trade Kane AH!!!!!!!!! This is still the same team that arguably outplayed Vancouver two nights ago. The defensive holes are what they are. They are still a top team in the West with very obvious holes.

I wish I knew how to quit you Dan...

Although I expected a lot out of the aging players, especially Brunette. I thought they would be hungrier. In fact I was actually calling for the signing of old players to turn around the lackadaisical attitude from last years squad. Attitude don't mean shit, if the talent isn't there to back it up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
:D

I agree, I've been disappointed with some of the vets. That said, a lot of them really haven't been put into a position where they could succeed whether it be to Q's lines, the flow of the game or injuries.

Plus, as bad as last night looked, there really isn't a team in the West who I couldn't see the Hawks beating in a 7 games series. I could also see them losing to the Canucks, Wings, Sharks, Preds etc just as easily. Just the nature of the salary cap beast.

The real concern is this Corey Crawford and juicy fucking rebounds thing. Yes, the defense in front of him, especially the forwards, are not helping him, but some of these goals are just back breakers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage
If your core is Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland, DK, Seabs, and Hammer, shouldn't your expectations be to win every year? If not, then why are all of these guys your core?

It's almost like trading for a top tier QB and then being a .500 football team year after year...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:04 pm 

Well, let's see. Kane stopped being good. Keith admitted he doesn't care. Hjalmarsson has been used as a $3,500,000-a-year shot-blocker instead of an actual skilled defenseman. Bolland disappears or gets hurt for weeks at a time. Sharp floats. Toews grimaces and scowls a lot but can't seem to grimace or scowl any of his teammates into having a shred of defensive awareness. Maybe this core isn't much of a core at all.

Of all the underachievers on this team, I'm growing most worried about Keith. When you're a small and fast defenseman who plays a finesse game, but you're not playing your finesse game at an elite level, you know what you are? A really awful defenseman. The margin for error is not a forgiving one. It's like cooking pork anything but thoroughly. So it follows that Duncan Keith's game the last year and a half has made me violently ill.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:04 pm 

Troll wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Of all the underachievers on this team, I'm growing most worried about Keith. When you're a small and fast defenseman who plays a finesse game, but you're not playing your finesse game at an elite level, you know what you are? A really awful defenseman.

Leddy is better at being bad at what he does.

Agree with both statements.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
1 more year of underachieving & Patrick Kahne will be considered a bust.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Scorehead wrote:
1 more year of underachieving & Patrick Kahne will be considered a bust.

Please stop watching hockey. The guy had the game winning goal in the Stanley Cup Finals, he is not a bust. The whole team is off right now not just Kane. Its easy to pick apart faults with all the losing going on but they are still in 6th place and only 6 pts out of first in the standings.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.