It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hawks fold in the 3rd with Arizona winning in Carolina, Vancouver winning in Colorado, and Anaheim and Buffalo winning as well made Wednesday a great tank night. Hawks need to trade Kane and others to make this team the worst in the league. Everyone points at Arizona being the worst in the league but once the Hawks gut their lineup, they'll be right there. I don't think Arizona is trading guys like Keller, Schmaltz, Crouse, and that goalie (not going to look up his name). San Jose could be a tank contender if they trade Meier.

That NJ/Toronto game last night was a lot of fun. If Murray stays healthy he could allow Dubas to give all his a critics a big shit sandwich.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Have caught maybe a minute of Hawks game action inadvertently on NHL Network, but seeing all kinds of stuff from Canadian NHL media types ripping the Hawks organization for the putrid trade returns they got last year and for the supposedly lackluster offers they have for Kane.

Quite a bit about the "bad culture" in Chicago which is causing them to make the idiotic decision to move on from two promising young forward during an alleged "rebuild", as one guy put it, "how does moving on from two young core pieces make any sense in a rebuild", find the decision to bring back the inept Bowman by the Wirtz family incredibly similar to the decision to keep Pace around by the McKaskey family.

Seeing a bunch about the tanking Hawks attendance, team supposedly lost $41 million last season, they seem to be content to lose tons of revenue while the NFL media money props them up.

Do think the Hawks would be a great candidate for relegation if we could ever get an EPL type concept here in North America.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Clawmaster wrote:
Quite a bit about the "bad culture" in Chicago which is causing them to make the idiotic decision to move on from two promising young forward during an alleged "rebuild", as one guy put it, "how does moving on from two young core pieces make any sense in a rebuild"

hmmm...

did he mean debrincat and hagel, or dach and hagel? all forwards. ages, 24, 24 and 21.

all are doing fairly well this year, nearly a point a game. dach has 17 points in 21 games and is a +1. last year, dach had 26 points in 70 games and was a -18.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Last week or two is looking more like I expected. At one point the other night all I could think was S Jones, Kane, and Toews are about 30M. Needs revitalizing, not sure how or what could make it happen. Makes me realize 2008 til about 2017 was really pretty freaking crazy in a way that I appreciated and didn't at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
Hawks - Blues, zero posts. We should all turn in our fan cards.

Blessed, healthy and prosperous 2023 to all!!!
Especially to whoever decides our first pick in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Supposedly a fair number of Blackhawk’s assets are doing extremely well in juniors and tournaments.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:39 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Supposedly a fair number of Blackhawk’s assets are doing extremely well in juniors and tournaments.

That is good to hear. Also good to see that they have the worst record and the best odds of getting the #1 pick right now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

That is good to hear. Also good to see that they have the worst record and the best odds of getting the #1 pick right now.

This year is like a Connor McDavis, Crosby type pick supposedly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Which means, they will not get the #1 pick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
fab4fan wrote:

Blessed, healthy and prosperous 2023 to all!!!
Especially to whoever decides our first pick in the draft.

I had it on last night. They played pretty well overall. Stalock may be a guy to flip at the TDL.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:31 pm 

Cashman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Which means, they will not get the #1 pick.

There are three really good players at the top. If they pick 4th or lower, they’ll still get a good player but someone that won’t necessarily help right away.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:59 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Have caught maybe a minute of Hawks game action inadvertently on NHL Network, but seeing all kinds of stuff from Canadian NHL media types ripping the Hawks organization for the putrid trade returns they got last year and for the supposedly lackluster offers they have for Kane.

Quite a bit about the "bad culture" in Chicago which is causing them to make the idiotic decision to move on from two promising young forward during an alleged "rebuild", as one guy put it, "how does moving on from two young core pieces make any sense in a rebuild", find the decision to bring back the inept Bowman by the Wirtz family incredibly similar to the decision to keep Pace around by the McKaskey family.

The Debrincat return was fine when you look at the entire market for wingers last summer. The flat cap has made it extremely difficult for teams to take on high-priced players. Vancouver couldn't get their asking price for JT Miller and Vegas and Columbus had to basically give Pacioretti and Bjorkstrand away. Plus, Debrincat is 2 seasons away from UFA and there was no indication he was going to resign with Chicago. Ottawa has been trying to resign him to no avail. Plus, if the Hawks plan was to go to a full rebuild then why pay a winger 9+ million a year to actually hurt the tank.

And it has become pretty clear that the Hawks didn't like Dach's character and professionalism. He was a disappointment as the #3 pick in a draft where after the first two picks, a group of about 6 players all had a comparable ranking. So to get the 13th pick for him a few years later is not terrible. It would have been nice for the Hawks to have gotten more but the returns for Debrincat and Dach were not awful when you take everything into context. I view those comments as hot takes at the expense of an easy target. And were they from former players? Those guys always hate tanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:00 am 

fab4fan wrote:

I watched the extended highlights. Not much to talk about.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:29 am 

DAC wrote:
fab4fan wrote:

I watched the extended highlights. Not much to talk about.

Not exactly Mike Liut and Bernie Federko against Savard, Larmer, and Bannerman these days, the only thing this years Hawks team is good for is that you can count on them to lose, making them a sure bet when building a parlay.

The tank for Bedard season is going swimmingly, they already several points clear of everyone else at the bottom of the league which should assure them to get the most ping pong balls at the draft, now we just have to see if the NHL will do the same thing the NBA does and try to gimmick it up to make sure a major market team gets the number one overall pick.

The return for Kane should be interesting, my feeds keep pointing toward the Rangers, but you get a late first round pick and supposedly the Rangers are not willing to part with a top prospect.

Sad to watch even a few seconds of #19 these days, he is a shell of the player he once was, hopefully they will mercifully trade him somewhere else and he can be a third line guy on a playoff team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:25 am 

Odds are the Hawks will not win the #1 pick even if they finish in last place but they would have the best odds- something like 25% iirc. The Russian kid, Michkov, is the 2nd-most talented player in the draft but it's going to be at least a 3-year wait. Fantilli is tearing it up at Michigan but has been quiet in the World Jrs much like the Swedish kid. Granted, it is normal for draft class kids to struggle at the Worlds against top prospects 1-2 years older than them. Bedard's performance is historic. There is pretty much a top 4 tier or actually Bedard and then a tier of 3 players. This is a great year to tank compared to the past few years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Clawmaster wrote:
Not exactly Mike Liut and Bernie Federko against Savard, Larmer, and Bannerman these days

i still never understood trading D doug crossman.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:13 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Not exactly Mike Liut and Bernie Federko against Savard, Larmer, and Bannerman these days

i still never understood trading D doug crossman.

Was a hapless youth at the time, but loved the mid to late 80's Hawks.

Pully liked big physical guys, this years Hawks team would be ground to dust by the Clydesdale line.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:44 pm 

"The Clydesdale Line"—Chicago Blackhawks (1984–1987)—Curt Fraser, Troy Murray, and Ed Olczyk; each player weighed in at or around 200 pounds. NHL players weighing in excess of 200 pounds was rare in those days.

Sucks getting old. Couldn't remember Olczyk was the third member of the line..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:43 pm 

That line combined for over 100 goals in the 85-86 season and Troy Murray got the Selke.

Thought Toews would win multiple Selke Trophies given he was the top defensive centreman for Team Canada for numerous years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:39 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
That line combined for over 100 goals in the 85-86 season and Troy Murray got the Selke.

Thought Toews would win multiple Selke Trophies given he was the top defensive centreman for Team Canada for numerous years.

Unfortunately, Datsyuk, Kopitar and Bergeron were around (and two of the three still are).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:41 pm 

fab4fan wrote:
"The Clydesdale Line"—Chicago Blackhawks (1984–1987)—Curt Fraser, Troy Murray, and Ed Olczyk; each player weighed in at or around 200 pounds. NHL players weighing in excess of 200 pounds was rare in those days.

Sucks getting old. Couldn't remember Olczyk was the third member of the line..

sI started watching the Hawks around 1982. Was glad they drafted Olczyk. He has had a really good career.

Fun fact: I'm actually one day older than he is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:49 pm 

Boy, they couldn't send Reichel back down quick enough could they?

Kid looked much improved on the clips I saw.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:51 pm 

fab4fan wrote:
Boy, they couldn't send Reichel back down quick enough could they?

Kid looked much improved on the clips I saw.

He did. I think they want him to play through the drive to the playoffs and then in the playoffs. Unless someone gets traded at the deadline, which I assume would mean he'd be up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
yeah this isnt a Disappointment move. He needs to play regularly as a top line center and get meaningful minutes in meaningful games. Hawks cant provide that to him right now, so Rockford is best for him for now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:35 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
yeah this isnt a Disappointment move. He needs to play regularly as a top line center and get meaningful minutes in meaningful games. Hawks cant provide that to him right now, so Rockford is best for him for now.

Yep, one of the rare instances that being in the minors is better for someone. Hopefully the kid understands too.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
They are trying to tank

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:55 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Yep, one of the rare instances that being in the minors is better for someone. Hopefully the kid understands too.

From the interviews I have seen with him, he seems to understand. I'm sure he's disappointed, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
a Calder Cup victory works wonders lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:15 pm 

The Division wrote:
RFDC wrote:

From the interviews I have seen with him, he seems to understand. I'm sure he's disappointed, though.

I am glad to hear that. You want him to be disappointed. Should help fuel him for continuing to work hard.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:13 pm 

Butt ugly unis on the Sabres last night

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next