It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
No, my point was:
crosscheck wrote:
That offense would make any defense look good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Our possession/cycle game was the key to our entire team during the Cup run and definitely reduced the number of shots we saw. That said, the defense during that Cup run was about 500x better than this version. To say otherwise is completely retarded.

Just replacing Keith alone with the Norris Keith makes it a landslide, let alone replacing Leddy and his gaffes with Campbell, Hammer was better 2 years ago, Sopel was a shot blocking machine who also knew how to pass the puck, Seabrook = Seabrook.

As much as I hated Sopel, looking back he was actually the best bottom pairing defenseman the Hawks have had in the past decade.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Seabrook is the most consistent defenseman night in and night out. Keith on his game is obviously better, but some of his lows are terrifying.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm 

shakes wrote:
Our possession/cycle game was the key to our entire team during the Cup run and definitely reduced the number of shots we saw. That said, the defense during that Cup run was about 500x better than this version. To say otherwise is completely retarded.

Just replacing Keith alone with the Norris Keith makes it a landslide, let alone replacing Leddy and his gaffes with Campbell, Hammer was better 2 years ago, Sopel was a shot blocking machine who also knew how to pass the puck, Seabrook = Seabrook.

As much as I hated Sopel, looking back he was actually the best bottom pairing defenseman the Hawks have had in the past decade.

When people like Rozner(Myguy!) and Zewaski keep saying that the hawks need to add defensemen, I look back to the offense and defense of the cup team and compare it to this years offense and defense, and ask my self: "Where does the larger gap exist?" and in my undeveloped mind, it's pretty easy to see that it's the offense. And it's not even remotely close.

I'd like to see what Sopel or Campbell would be perceived as in this town as the opposition is getting fast break after fast break, and scoring chance after scoring chance because Bickell and Frolik Navidad suck at life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shakes wrote:

Am actually agreeing with something shakes thinks for once. :puker: :pukel:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
crosscheck wrote:
shakes wrote:

When people like Rozner(Myguy!) and Zewaski keep saying that the hawks need to add defensemen, I look back to the offense and defense of the cup team and compare it to this years offense and defense, and ask my self: "Where does the larger gap exist?" and in my undeveloped mind, it's pretty easy to see that it's the offense. And it's not even remotely close.

You won't get any argument from me there. No doubt there is a HUGE gap between the forward then and the forwards now and the gap in the defense is MUCH smaller.

I was only disagreeing with your contention that the defense now is better than the defense then, a claim that I think is pretty ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:17 pm 

I'm not saying they are playing as well as that group, just that the talent level is higher.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Hammer was better 2 years ago

Hence his nickname "The Board."