It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Bernstein is positively orgasmic that this story has afforded him the opportunity to reintroduce Anal Rape Theater to the Score airwaves. He's rolling out all the old hits and has even brought Quad Cities Pat on as a guest to provide expert commentary!

Yeah he is, and it is ridiculous. Big boy radio

So glad I'm not listening

Damn, 15 years ago this story would probably get "gay" drops from Goff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
It's really this quote that bugs me.

Why "probably?" That's a perfectly good response until you blundered out probably. Right or wrong, if handling it differently cost you the Cup you 100% wouldn't do it, I get it. I'm sure most people get it. So if you're going to go with the PR spin, go all in. "Absolutely!" I'm sure he was supposed to say something to that effect, but his brain was like "lol, I don't believe you" and hedged it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:23 am 

Ask a Leaf fan if they would take 3 Cups in the next decade and it only costs 1 prospect getting some head from a video nerd that he may have very well wanted given the lack of fighting off the much smaller man. 90% of Toronto fans asked anonymously make that trade.

They might have to make such a Faustian bargain as Marner isn't going to do it for them

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I think raking Toews and Kane over the coals for their current comments is a bit shortsighted. They're athletes, trained from day 1 to literally be athletes, education be damned. I mean Toews is Canadian and Kaner is from Buffalo, which is like being in Canada. They're morons. Getting outraged over what they say, especially right after a game, is just looking for another reason to be outraged.

This whole thing is disgusting. Punish the office, punish the coaching staff, at this point, I'd agree that from the assistants up should probably never work in hockey again. Q should probably be suspended today, based on what came out in that report.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Ask a Leaf fan if they would take 3 Cups in the next decade and it only costs 1 prospect getting some head from a video nerd that he may have very well wanted given the lack of fighting off the much smaller man. 90% of Toronto fans asked anonymously make that trade.

They might have to make such a Faustian bargain as Marner isn't going to do it for them

Because you keep on repeating it doesn't make it the true or right take. It's your opinion, and while I generally agree with most of your hockey takes and Barstool thoughts, this take is the reason why this kind of abuse of power happens.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:34 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Because you keep on repeating it doesn't make it the true or right take. It's your opinion, and while I generally agree with most of your hockey takes and Barstool thoughts, this take is the reason why this kind of abuse of power happens.

Yeah, it's just a dumb take. Like there's some advanced stat that tells you the the proper number of sexual abuse cases that are worth 1 Stanley Cup. "5 harassed teens for 1 Cup? That's fine. 6? Sorry that's too much." If you're okay with any number greater than one, just admit you don't care how many the number actually is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:53 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Sorry, but that excuse doesn't fly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
KDdidit wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yeah, it's just a dumb take. Like there's some advanced stat that tells you the the proper number of sexual abuse cases that are worth 1 Stanley Cup. "5 harassed teens for 1 Cup? That's fine. 6? Sorry that's too much." If you're okay with any number greater than one, just admit you don't care how many the number actually is.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=101560&p=2516498&hilit=chapman+wife#p2516498

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

https://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtop ... e#p2516498

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:59 am 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Bernstein is positively orgasmic that this story has afforded him the opportunity to reintroduce Anal Rape Theater to the Score airwaves. He's rolling out all the old hits and has even brought Quad Cities Pat on as a guest to provide expert commentary!

He's not serious. It's just a bit to pay for his kids to go to college.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Well, he's on the record that he doesn't care -

He's just a shock jock.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I watched the TSN interview and read most of the legal report.
There is zero chance Quenneville, Cheveldayoff, and Fehr survive this. Feet will be dragged, but they're done.

It will be very difficult to prove Bettman and the anyone in the Wirtz family knew and turned a blind eye. McDonough would have to be willing to burn it all down. I'm pretty sure that's already been planned for when McDonough was launched last year.

Beach was 20 years old....likely wasn't very smart and was manipulated. It's that simple. The only the thing that Blackhawks had to do was immediately remove Aldrich and investigated / charged his ass once the season was over. This was a completely avoidable disaster.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
BigW72 wrote:
I watched the TSN interview and read most of the legal report.
There is zero chance Quenneville, Cheveldayoff, and Fehr survive this. Feet will be dragged, but they're done.

It will be very difficult to prove Bettman and the anyone in the Wirtz family knew and turned a blind eye. McDonough would have to be willing to burn it all down. I'm pretty sure that's already been planned for when McDonough was launched last year.

Beach was 20 years old....likely wasn't very smart and was manipulated. It's that simple. The only the thing that Blackhawks had to do was immediately remove Aldrich and investigated / charged his ass once the season was over. This was a completely avoidable disaster.

Even if Aldrich was convincing enough to make them believe that the act was consensual, he assaulted an intern inside a cab too. He should have never been around the cup celebration or been allowed to take the cup around kids. The employment recommendation was by far their biggest mistake the Blackhawks made. That was completely avoidable.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
BigW72 wrote:
The only the thing that Blackhawks had to do was immediately remove Aldrich and investigated / charged his ass once the season was over. This was a completely avoidable disaster.

I haven't taken a deep dive into this topic, but I was thinking the same thing. Why was Aldrich worthy of protection? He was behaving like a lunatic, just get rid of him. If it was a credibility question between him and Beach, why would Beach lie about something like this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
read the affidavit.

the blackhawks 'investigated' the alleged claim of sexual assault and got 3 conflicting stories..from the video coach, john doe and a female 3rd party; who was in the presence of both men at the bar and the condo. the club couldn't just take john doe at his word and fire the video coach and approach the authorities. the video coach may have sued the club for sexual discrimination based on his sexual orientation. he was under contract.

i agree that the hockey club royally messed this up by not further investigating while putting the video coach on paid leave. i believe that's what they should have done. they further goofed when they gave the video coach the option to resign or deal with a further investigation for his continued employment. the video coach chose the predator option - move on to new fertile ground.

no doubt the club messed up after the initial investigation. why didn't john doe go to the authorities on his own?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:00 pm 

While I agree that the vacillating by the Hawks was their downfall, reading the report it seems like Hawks management perception was that it was just a coach coming on to a player and that nothing physical happened. I think that maybe contributed to sitting on the situation for a couple weeks.

From the report

There are multiple accounts of what occurred during the meeting of those
senior leaders at the United Center on May 23, 2010. Gary stated that he
shared with the senior leaders that Aldrich was pressuring John Doe for sex
and threatening to harm John Doe’s career if John Doe did not comply. Others
recall Gary’s comments as less stark—that Aldrich had tried to “get under the
sheets” with John Doe. At a minimum, the senior leaders, including thenPresident John McDonough, were informed of alleged sexual harassment of a
player by a coach, including efforts by the coach to engage in unwelcome
sexual activity with that player. Several witnesses recalled or later told others
about a discussion that ensued during the meeting regarding whether the time
was right to address the allegations against Aldrich in light of the need to
protect team chemistry and avoid bad publicity during the ongoing playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
read the affidavit.

the blackhawks 'investigated' the alleged claim of sexual assault and got 3 conflicting stories..from the video coach, john doe and a female 3rd party; who was in the presence of both men at the bar and the condo. the club couldn't just take john doe at his word and fire the video coach and approach the authorities. the video coach may have sued the club for sexual discrimination based on his sexual orientation. he was under contract.

i agree that the hockey club royally messed this up by not further investigating while putting the video coach on paid leave. i believe that's what they should have done. they further goofed when they gave the video coach the option to resign or deal with a further investigation for his continued employment. the video coach chose the predator option - move on to new fertile ground.

no doubt the club messed up after the initial investigation. why didn't john doe go to the authorities on his own?

I read that report or as much as I could pay attention to and I took away what enigma did. It wasn't real clear to me if the Blackhawks were aware something physical happened or not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He's not serious. It's just a bit to pay for his kids to go to college.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Well, he's on the record that he doesn't care -

He's just a shock jock.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:53 pm 

The event happened back in 2010, a year during which Bernstein would've used "gay" drops to describe Aldrich and Beach.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
https://www.tsn.ca/alleged-assaults-of- ... -1.1659115

I can't figure out why they kept Aldrich around or why they'd give any sort of recommendation to a high school.

I also don't understand why it would be the Blackhawks responsibility to report it to the police, wouldn't the victim have to do that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:56 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
https://www.tsn.ca/alleged-assaults-of-chicago-blackhawks-players-an-open-secret-source-1.1659115

I can't figure out why they kept Aldrich around or why they'd give any sort of recommendation to a high school.

I also don't understand why it would be the Blackhawks responsibility to report it to the police, wouldn't the victim have to do that?

Police would've probably laughed louder than the locker room when they saw Beach next to Aldrich.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
That Aldrich put the moves on a player and got reported for it should have been more than enough for his summary dismissal...regardless of anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:19 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
That Aldrich put the moves on a player and got reported for it should have been more than enough for his summary dismissal...regardless of anything else.

This

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
enigma wrote:
While I agree that the vacillating by the Hawks was their downfall, reading the report it seems like Hawks management perception was that it was just a coach coming on to a player and that nothing physical happened. I think that maybe contributed to sitting on the situation for a couple weeks.

From the report

There are multiple accounts of what occurred during the meeting of those
senior leaders at the United Center on May 23, 2010. Gary stated that he
shared with the senior leaders that Aldrich was pressuring John Doe for sex
and threatening to harm John Doe’s career if John Doe did not comply. Others
recall Gary’s comments as less stark—that Aldrich had tried to “get under the
sheets” with John Doe. At a minimum, the senior leaders, including thenPresident John McDonough, were informed of alleged sexual harassment of a
player by a coach, including efforts by the coach to engage in unwelcome
sexual activity with that player. Several witnesses recalled or later told others
about a discussion that ensued during the meeting regarding whether the time
was right to address the allegations against Aldrich in light of the need to
protect team chemistry and avoid bad publicity during the ongoing playoffs.

Exactly, but it still warranted an immediate investigation and either suspending Aldrich pending investigation, or at least telling Alrdrich to stay away from Beach, if not all the players, while an investigation was pending. They stuck their heads in the sand and did not learn the more sordid stuff, which led to the intern being groped and Q writing a reference for this guy and a 15 year kid being molested.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
https://www.tsn.ca/alleged-assaults-of-chicago-blackhawks-players-an-open-secret-source-1.1659115

Police would've probably laughed louder than the locker room when they saw Beach next to Aldrich.

You're killing me with this line of reasoning to be honest. It's a bit much. But let's say things unfolded how you think they should have. Beach beats this guy up... and Ends up with a criminal battery charge. Is that what should have happened?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:46 pm 

Can’t have that either because it might have cost them the Cup.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I doubt the Hawks would have gone to the lengths they did to cover up a fight.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:59 pm 

A coach or employee, male or female, fraternizing with players should be an automatic suspension/dismissal. Their handling of the situation is just bizarre.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
On M&H this morning, they played a clip from the TSN interview where Beach said something to the effect of ‘everybody knew - players, coaches, staff, media…’

M&H used that clip in the context of a discussion about what the players should’ve done. I thought it was odd that the media around the team seemed to be be aware (according to Beach) but never said a word.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:07 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
On M&H this morning, they played a clip from the TSN interview where Beach said something to the effect of ‘everybody knew - players, coaches, staff, media…’

M&H used that clip in the context of a discussion about what the players should’ve done. I thought it was odd that the media around the team seemed to be be aware (according to Beach) but never said a word.

Yeah...I kinda figured he meant the broadcast teams.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

You're killing me with this line of reasoning to be honest. It's a bit much. But let's say things unfolded how you think they should have. Beach beats this guy up... and Ends up with a criminal battery charge. Is that what should have happened?

I can't put myself in Beach's skates. But I can be sympathetic to Beach while still not thinking a bunch of eighth grade graduates, many of whom were only a few years older than Beach himself, and all of whom were part of a "world of men" subculture for most of their lives are monsters for making some gay jokes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next