It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/ ... rt-russia/

Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.

The classified briefings last week were presented by four of the senior-most US intelligence chiefs -- Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan, and NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers.
One reason the nation's intelligence chiefs took the extraordinary step of including the synopsis in the briefing documents was to make the President-elect aware that such allegations involving him are circulating among intelligence agencies, senior members of Congress and other government officials in Washington, multiple sources tell CNN.

These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats. This synopsis was not an official part of the report from the intelligence community case about Russian hacks, but some officials said it augmented the evidence that Moscow intended to harm Clinton's candidacy and help Trump's, several officials with knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.
Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

CNN has confirmed that the synopsis was included in the documents that were presented to Mr. Trump but cannot confirm if it was discussed in his meeting with the intelligence chiefs.

The Trump transition team declined repeated requests for comment.

CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations. But, in preparing this story, CNN has spoken to multiple high ranking intelligence, administration, congressional and law enforcement officials, as well as foreign officials and others in the private sector with direct knowledge of the memos.

Some of the memos were circulating as far back as last summer. What has changed since then is that US intelligence agencies have now checked out the former British intelligence operative and his vast network throughout Europe and find him and his sources to be credible enough to include some of the information in the presentations to the President and President-elect a few days ago.

On the same day that the President-elect was briefed by the intelligence community, the top four Congressional leaders, and chairmen and ranking members of the House and Senate intelligence committees -- the so-called "Gang of Eight" -- were also provided a summary of the memos regarding Mr. Trump, according to law enforcement, intelligence and administration sources.

The two-page summary was written without the detailed specifics and information about sources and methods included in the memos by the former British intelligence official. That said, the synopsis was considered so sensitive it was not included in the classified report about Russian hacking that was more widely distributed, but rather in an annex only shared at the most senior levels of the government: President Obama, the President-elect, and the eight Congressional leaders.
CNN has also learned that on December 9, Senator John McCain gave a full copy of the memos -- dated from June through December, 2016 -- to FBI Director James Comey. McCain became aware of the memos from a former British diplomat who had been posted in Moscow. But the FBI had already been given a set of the memos compiled up to August 2016, when the former MI6 agent presented them to an FBI official in Rome, according to national security officials.

The raw memos on which the synopsis is based were prepared by the former MI6 agent, who was posted in Russia in the 1990s and now runs a private intelligence gathering firm. His investigations related to Mr. Trump were initially funded by groups and donors supporting Republican opponents of Mr. Trump during the GOP primaries, multiple sources confirmed to CNN. Those sources also said that once Mr. Trump became the nominee, further investigation was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton.

Spokespeople for the FBI and the Director of National Intelligence declined to comment. Officials who spoke to CNN declined to do so on the record given the classified nature of the material.

Some of the allegations were first reported publicly in Mother Jones one week before the election.

One high level administration official told CNN, "I have a sense the outgoing administration and intelligence community is setting down the pieces so this must be investigated seriously and run down. I think [the] concern was to be sure that whatever information was out there is put into the system so it is evaluated as it should be and acted upon as necessary."

Last edited by Peoria Matt on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:36 pm 

:lol:

Haven't seen that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
If Wikileaks dumps them, I'll believe them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Unfair!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

:cheers:

Looks like Putin might have been playing Trump all along. This is why Trump was kissing his ass. He knew Putin had dirt on him. Putin stabs him anyway. Lots of people said Trump was in over his head with Putin.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Might be the shortest Presidency in history.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
So Comey had intel about Trump and Russia, but went public with "THERE MAY BE SOMETHING IN THE EMAILS!"

I can't figure that guy out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

chaspoppcap wrote:
Might be the shortest Presidency in history.

He might not even get to January 20th. So, yeah, 0 days would be the shortest ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:29 pm 

Good job Liberals! You let Russia get rid of our chosen leader.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:38 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You weakened a country today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
What else could possibly come out about Trump that would change his supporters mind? He likes to grab women by the pussy, he posted a 500 million plus tax loss one year, he wants to ban muslims coming to the U.S., he called Mexicans rapists, he has a fetish for his daughter, among other odd things.

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Read like a national enquirer piece. CNN is the worst

1000 CLUB

I'm trying to think of what Putin was doing. His intent was to wreck the American election. So he hacked The DNC to hurt Hilary and help Trump win knowing he had dirt on him. Then once Trump won, he dished the dirt on Trump

So he did wreck the election by playing both sides against the middle. We won't have a president on January 20th. Putin wins!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Killer V wrote:
So Comey had intel about Trump and Russia, but went public with "THERE MAY BE SOMETHING IN THE EMAILS!"

I can't figure that guy out.

He boxed himself in. He knew someone would leak it if he said nothing and it would have been a bigger political issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Oh, I'm sure that'll be released any minute now. I'm also sure that the Bears will be undefeated next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:05 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=104403

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:06 pm 

denisdman wrote:
What else could possibly come out about Trump that would change his supporters mind? He likes to grab women by the pussy, he posted a 500 million plus tax loss one year, he wants to ban muslims coming to the U.S., he called Mexicans rapists, he has a fetish for his daughter, among other odd things.

Look in his heart.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

There needs to be some sort of proof. That could explain why he's been reluctant to criticize Russia but a president can't be blackmailed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Our boy Trump is a golden shower man! :lol:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
It's long been alleged that the Ruuskis have been "grooming" or playing Trump for years. We may reach the point of fun bad before this guy is even inaugurated. I have never been so excited as I am to see Trump voters get what they deserve--in every way.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I remember somebody on CNN or MSNBC warning Trump months ago not to associate with Putin. I forget who it was. But he said Putin is very sharp, savvy, manipulative, tricky and could run circles around Trump. Well, looks like he did just that.

Trump got taken. What a fuckin' fool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:34 pm 

Trump is in pretty deep with those guys it appears. Nasty stuff in those documents. Not even President and he's got his first scandal. Pretty fucked up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:35 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

What is this purported to be, and what is its source?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:37 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

What is this purported to be, and what is its source?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/these-reports-allege-trump-has-deep-ties-to-russia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 pm 

So, essentially, it's the equivalent of the Bonjour guy in that insurance commercial.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
So, essentially, it's the equivalent of the Bonjour guy in that insurance commercial.

It's a report not written by US Intelligence. So it must be true.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:48 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

Golden shower your face is so red
The thought of being president just went to your head
You screwed around and you flirt with the Russkies
Now we all know about the whores who go pee

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next