It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Does anyone "dress for dinner" anymore?

I am about to take my lady out to dinner. I'm wearing a suit, and I look good. I mean, really good.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I am about to take my lady out to dinner. I'm wearing a suit.

Nice!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Oh, for fuck's sake. JORR probably has a woody thinking about someone wearing a suit to dinner. I will respond, JORR, after a couple episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and a couple cold glasses of some Single Barrel Knob Creek.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Fake news straight from Baghdad Bob's distant cousin:

Quote:
Spicer still insisted that the inauguration crowd was "the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration—period, both in person and around the globe."

:lol: :lol:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/21/white-ho ... crowd.html

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:40 pm 

Quote:
"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.

Aerial photos have indicated that former president Barack Obama's first inauguration attracted a much larger crowd. Nielsen ratings show that Obama also had a bigger television audience.
Spicer said, without any evidence, that some photos were "intentionally framed" to downplay Trump's crowd.
He also expressed objections to specific Twitter posts from journalists. And he said, "we're going to hold the press accountable," partly by reaching the public through social networking sites.

His statement included several specific misstatements of fact in addition to the overarching one.

"This is the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall," Spicer said, claiming that this "had the effect of highlighting areas people were not standing whereas in years past the grass eliminated this visual."
In fact, coverings were used for Obama's second inauguration in 2013. ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
"This was also the first time that fencing and magnetometers went as far back on the Mall, preventing hundreds of thousands of people from being able to access the Mall as quickly as they had in inaugurations past," Spicer said.
In fact, a United States Secret Service spokesperson told CNN, no magnetometers were used on the Mall.
And Spicer said, "We know that 420,000 people used the D.C, Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 for president Obama's last inaugural."

Spicer's number for ridership on Friday was actually low -- the correct number, according to Metro itself, was 570,557. But there were actually 782,000 trips taken for Obama's second inaugural in 2013.

Spicer, at times almost yelling while reading a prepared statement, took no questions. CNNMoney called his cell phone a few minutes later; he did not answer.

Some longtime White House correspondents were stunned by the tirade.
Glenn Thrush of The New York Times wrote on Twitter, "Jaw meet floor."
"I've run out of adjectives," wrote Chuck Todd, the moderator of NBC's "Meet the Press."
Karen Tumulty of the Washington Post said Spicer's assertion about "what you guys should be writing" was "chilling."
Reactions were overwhelmingly negative, and not just from journalists.
Ari Fleischer, who had the same job as Spicer during the George W. Bush administration, tweeted, "This is called a statement you're told to make by the President. And you know the President is watching."
And Brian Fallon, who was in line to become press secretary if Hillary Clinton had won, wrote, "Sean Spicer lacks the guts or integrity to refuse orders to go out and lie. He is a failure in this job on his first full day."
Conservative commentator Bill Kristol said "it is embarrassing, as an American, to watch this briefing by Sean Spicer from the podium at the White House. Not the RNC. The White House."
The White House alerted the press corps to Spicer's statement more than an hour ahead of time.
The CNN television network made a choice not to broadcast the Spicer statement live. Instead, the statement was monitored and then reported on after the fact.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a perfect example of what we're talking about: Trump/lackeys spew bullshit, it is corrected, but fanboys take the corrective as "unfair criticism" and in doing so unwittingly fall in line with Trump's plan to discredit the media so he can spew bullshit without anyone holding him accountable.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/s ... index.html

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
This isn't a complaint because I don't give a shit what he said in his inauguration speech, but there's so much irony in all that he says, and yesterday was no different...

The juxtaposition of his democratic message that the power is coming "back to the people" with his monarchic message that he "will never, ever let you down" could, in the correct context and with the right person delivering the message, inspire a message of unity with Trump simply leading the way. But with Trump, it just comes off as contradictory and narcissistic, in my subjective interpretation. I'm sure any potential irony would be lost on him.

Again, it's not a complaint, and I wouldn't care, anyway. Just an observation.

#MAGA

That's kind of my point. MANY are simply predisposed to consider Trump the wrong guy. And he may be. But the way he is being covered and the way MANY are responding to his election seem irrational.

And you don't think he played any role in that himself?

Of course. But here's the thing- and either the media will come to terms with it or they won't- Trump talks the way you and I are talking here. Sometimes we say dumb stuff and later try to clarify or admit that it was dumb. Trump tends to just gaslight and pretend he never said it. John McWhorter said that what is so jarring about Trump is that we are used to presidents "Speaking", meaning their words are measured and carry a certain weight, whereas Trump "talks", meaning he just says what he's thinking at the time like FavreFan and LTG discussing hoops.

From things you've written I get the impression you believe that president shouldn't "talk" in that way. Maybe you're right and the office demands a certain dignity that cannot be achieved by talking like a regular guy. But McWhorter also points out that there has been a gradual casualness to the behavior of president over a long period of time. Remember when Bill Clinton played his saxophone on Arsenio? That would have been unheard of for Eisenhower. But even the relatively buttoned down Nixon said, "Sock it to me!" on Laugh In. It's similar to the increasing casualness we find acceptable in air travel. I'm on a small island with my sport coat. That didn't happen overnight. Does anyone "dress for dinner" anymore? On those days when I wear a suit and tie, I'm almost certainly the only guy on my El car dressed that way. With Trump it seems we have reached an apex of casualness and off the cuff tweeting and talking by the president.

First, yes, I agree that you and I clearly have different ideas of how a president should comport himself. I do believe that once we cross certain lines, we've just become a savages with no respect for any tradition or office. It is absolutely mind-boggling that I feel that way (given my general thoughts on tradition and religion) and you don't (given the fact that you think we should execute people who don't wear jackets on planes), but it is interesting, nonetheless.

Second, I don't mean this in a condescending or argumentative way - I say it only because I believe it to be true... this post shows your bias as well as any you've ever posted. You are comparing Nixon saying "sock it to me" on Laugh In and Bill Clinton playing a saxophone? (I'm not even sure how that's risque') to a guy who has literally been caught on tape saying he grabs women by the pussy, has oogled his daughter without any remorse, mocked a handicapped guy (whether you believe it or not), accused a female reporter of being on the rag (that's misogynist, no matter how much we like to shrug off misogyny here), got into a war of words with a family who lost their son fighting for the U.S., and came up with stupid "nicknames" for his political opponents throughout the entire election year. How on any planet are those comparable to a guy playing a saxophone or Tricky Dick saying a one-liner on a comedy show? If it's because he just "talks", that doesn't make it any better. In fact, it might be worse because he's probably incapable of "speaking."

This is not some gradual progression toward casual behavior in a president. If it is, it's more disturbing than I thought. I hate political correctness, and I absolutely loathe the fact that politicians never say anything. But - on the other end of the spectrum - once we reach a point where the president isn't "above" anything (genuine or not), it's a very, very, very bad message for regular citizens of the U.S. or citizens of the world, and it promotes a general attitude of laziness and disrespect that disturbs me.

To address your question of whether the media will come to terms with it, I absolutely hope they don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
With Trump it seems we have reached an apex of casualness and off the cuff tweeting and talking by the president.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron.” — H. L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
With Trump it seems we have reached an apex of casualness and off the cuff tweeting and talking by the president.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron.” — H. L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - President Trump

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I am about to take my lady out to dinner. I'm wearing a suit.

Nice!

360 days out of the year, I dress like a savage. I can clean it up for my wife's birthday.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:36 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
First, yes, I agree that you and I clearly have different ideas of how a president should comport himself. I do believe that once we cross certain lines, we've just become a savages with no respect for any tradition or office. It is absolutely mind-boggling that I feel that way (given my general thoughts on tradition and religion) and you don't (given the fact that you think we should execute people who don't wear jackets on planes), but it is interesting, nonetheless.

I think you misunderstand me. As loathe as I might be to admit it since I like to fancy myself a rebel and a rule breaker, I am in many ways a traditionalist at heart. I would much prefer my president to adhere to traditional forms of communication and behavior. However, I realize that the nation voted for this man as he was. He wasn't a stealth candidate putting on a mask of decorum only to suddenly turn into a savage heathen upon his election. This is what he presented and this is what was elected. The people have spoken. So be it.

leashyourkids wrote:
Second, I don't mean this in a condescending or argumentative way - I say it only because I believe it to be true... this post shows your bias as well as any you've ever posted. You are comparing Nixon saying "sock it to me" on Laugh In and Bill Clinton playing a saxophone? (I'm not even sure how that's risque') to a guy who has literally been caught on tape saying he grabs women by the pussy, has oogled his daughter without any remorse, mocked a handicapped guy (whether you believe it or not), accused a female reporter of being on the rag (that's misogynist, no matter how much we like to shrug off misogyny here), got into a war of words with a family who lost their son fighting for the U.S., and came up with stupid "nicknames" for his political opponents throughout the entire election year. How on any planet are those comparable to a guy playing a saxophone or Tricky Dick saying a one-liner on a comedy show? If it's because he just "talks", that doesn't make it any better. In fact, it might be worse because he's probably incapable of "speaking."

I can't stand in judgment of Trump based on some off-color remarks he made in what he believed was a private conversation. That's a standard I don't believe many of us could live up to.

leashyourkids wrote:
This is not some gradual progression toward casual behavior in a president. If it is, it's more disturbing than I thought. I hate political correctness, and I absolutely loathe the fact that politicians never say anything. But - on the other end of the spectrum - once we reach a point where the president isn't "above" anything (genuine or not), it's a very, very, very bad message for regular citizens of the U.S. or citizens of the world, and it promotes a general attitude of laziness and disrespect that disturbs me.

I agree with this to a certain point. As I said, I am a traditionalist at heart. However, all my life I have heard people bash the political class and wish for an outsider in Washington. Now that there actually is one people act as if it's the end of the world.

leashyourkids wrote:
To address your question of whether the media will come to terms with it, I absolutely hope they don't.

I don't know what the media might do, but I would advise that the Hillary Clinton construct of "fake news" has boomeranged on them and they are suddenly being held to account as much as the lying president is. They may find that these may be tough standards to live by.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:41 am 

If you mention Hillary Clinton again, I'm going to find your stable and murder your horses.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:44 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
If you mention Hillary Clinton again, I'm going to find your stable and murder your horses.

It's impossible to discuss Trump outside the paradigm of Hillary Clinton. The main reason he is president is because the Democratic party insisted on running that scumbag.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It's impossible to discuss Trump outside the paradigm of Hillary Clinton. The main reason he is president is because the Democratic party insisted on running that scumbag.

I think that was true the past few months. It stopped being true yesterday.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

As someone who absolutely despises Hillary Clinton, how would you recommend I criticize Trump?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:15 am 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:
"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.

Aerial photos have indicated that former president Barack Obama's first inauguration attracted a much larger crowd. Nielsen ratings show that Obama also had a bigger television audience.
Spicer said, without any evidence, that some photos were "intentionally framed" to downplay Trump's crowd.
He also expressed objections to specific Twitter posts from journalists. And he said, "we're going to hold the press accountable," partly by reaching the public through social networking sites.

His statement included several specific misstatements of fact in addition to the overarching one.

"This is the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall," Spicer said, claiming that this "had the effect of highlighting areas people were not standing whereas in years past the grass eliminated this visual."
In fact, coverings were used for Obama's second inauguration in 2013. ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
"This was also the first time that fencing and magnetometers went as far back on the Mall, preventing hundreds of thousands of people from being able to access the Mall as quickly as they had in inaugurations past," Spicer said.
In fact, a United States Secret Service spokesperson told CNN, no magnetometers were used on the Mall.
And Spicer said, "We know that 420,000 people used the D.C, Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 for president Obama's last inaugural."

Spicer's number for ridership on Friday was actually low -- the correct number, according to Metro itself, was 570,557. But there were actually 782,000 trips taken for Obama's second inaugural in 2013.

Spicer, at times almost yelling while reading a prepared statement, took no questions. CNNMoney called his cell phone a few minutes later; he did not answer.

"I've run out of adjectives," wrote Chuck Todd, the moderator of NBC's "Meet the Press."
Karen Tumulty of the Washington Post said Spicer's assertion about "what you guys should be writing" was "chilling."
Ari Fleischer, who had the same job as Spicer during the George W. Bush administration, tweeted, "This is called a statement you're told to make by the President. And you know the President is watching."
And Brian Fallon, who was in line to become press secretary if Hillary Clinton had won, wrote, "Sean Spicer lacks the guts or integrity to refuse orders to go out and lie. He is a failure in this job on his first full day."
Conservative commentator Bill Kristol said "it is embarrassing, as an American, to watch this briefing by Sean Spicer from the podium at the White House. Not the RNC. The White House."
The White House alerted the press corps to Spicer's statement more than an hour ahead of time.
The CNN television network made a choice not to broadcast the Spicer statement live. Instead, the statement was monitored and then reported on after the fact.

This is a perfect example of what we're talking about: Trump/lackeys spew bullshit, it is corrected, but fanboys take the corrective as "unfair criticism" and in doing so unwittingly fall in line with Trump's plan to discredit the media so he can spew bullshit without anyone holding him accountable.

First, I would hope that no one considers me a Trump "fanboy". My posts contain all kinds of criticisms of Donald Trump, but I consider this conversation to be more about the media than something specific to Trump.

As FarveFan said and I obviously agree, words do matter. Spicer's language regarding this inauguration being the "most watched" was very specific. “This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — PERIOD,” Spicer later claimed. “Both in person and around the globe.” Considering this was the first inauguration to be streamed on so many platforms, that statement is quite likely true.

But I really think the lede is being buried here. There is an anti-Trump story to be written without playing gotcha or parsing words. And that is, WHO THE FUCK CARES??? We have a president who is so concerned about something as trivial as how many people watched his inauguration that he sends his press secretary out in a frenzy to whine about the coverage. This is just another version of Trump insisting his hands are large. It doesn't matter if they are or not. What matters is that he cares so much about the perception. You have the nuclear codes, guy. You don't have to whip your cock out all the time regardless of how large or small it may be.

Still, a reasonable person should be able to see- without Trump, Spicer, or Conway constantly pointing it out- that most of the spin regarding Trump is negative. You can write the story any way you want. "In spite of gray skies and light drizzle, the mood in Washington, D.C. was jubilant as our nation's 45th president was sworn in." or "The unrelenting rain could have been a metaphor for the feelings surrounding the incoming Trump administration." To use a Colbertism, both statements are "truthy".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Um they media is missing a point on the numbers who where there for the inauguration. They are leaving out all the people who where protesting add them in and bingo ,boffo numbers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:56 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Trump is President because a large segment of this country's population wanted him to be President. He wasn't the default choice. No matter how anyone spins it they wanted this idiot. The loops that some jump through to excuse the behavior of Trump is mind boggling.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:57 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

First, I would hope that no one considers me a Trump "fanboy". My posts contain all kinds of criticisms of Donald Trump, but I consider this conversation to be more about the media than something specific to Trump.

As FarveFan said and I obviously agree, words do matter. Spicer's language regarding this inauguration being the "most watched" was very specific. “This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — PERIOD,” Spicer later claimed. “Both in person and around the globe.” Considering this was the first inauguration to be streamed on so many platforms, that statement is quite likely true.

But I really think the lede is being buried here. There is an anti-Trump story to be written without playing gotcha or parsing words. And that is, WHO THE FUCK CARES??? We have a president who is so concerned about something as trivial as how many people watched his inauguration that he sends his press secretary out in a frenzy to whine about the coverage. This is just another version of Trump insisting his hands are large. It doesn't matter if they are or not. What matters is that he cares so much about the perception. You have the nuclear codes, guy. You don't have to whip your cock out all the time regardless of how large or small it may be.

Still, a reasonable person should be able to see- without Trump, Spicer, or Conway constantly pointing it out- that most of the spin regarding Trump is negative. You can write the story any way you want. "In spite of gray skies and light drizzle, the mood in Washington, D.C. was jubilant as our nation's 45th president was sworn in." or "The unrelenting rain could have been a metaphor for the feelings surrounding the incoming Trump administration." To use a Colbertism, both statements are "truthy".

Of course I don't see you as a fanboy :lol: . A fanboy to me is one who uncritically swallows every lie these motherfuckers vomit (I won the popular vote, millions of illegals voted for Hillary, my crowd was larger than Obama's, I never supported the Iraq war, my electoral victory was the largest in the history of the country, etc) and repeats it as fact. And when confronted with evidence to the contrary, theyll say you're simply too stupid to see how you've been duped by "fake news" into believing Trump is lying, and too naive to see how the media/establishment/basic facts/etc have conspired against Trump to paint him as a liar.

While I see your point about spin, I personally think the larger story here is Trump institutionalizing Orwellian methods of public communication. So we've now moved from an individual candidate speaking off the cuff, mixing truth with semi truth with lies, to institutionalized propaganda that has no respect, by it's very nature, for facts, truth, evidence, corroboration, etc. You can see it in this spineless piece of shit Spicer, as the public mouthpiece of the adminstration, shamelessly repeating falsehood after falsehood (the context of the whole my crowd is bigger thing was the pictures people posted of Obama's inauguration vs Trump's inauguration, so while he may have alluded to streaming audiences the main focus was crowd presence in Washington - and the numbers he cited about the metro further establish the context).

One may ask what the difference is between the propaganda of Trump and the propaganda of any other president, which is fair. I think Trump's style is more about blatant lying, whereby a lie becomes a whole narrative, while others try to shape narratives in misleading ways, but the narrative is not based on bullshit like Trump's. Take Obamacare for instance. The Obama administration tried to always paint the initiative in a positive way, citing statistics in ways that supported they narrative while ignoring or maybe disregarding other statistics that would paint Obamacare in a more negative light. What Trump does is say, for example, "Trumpcare is the best healthcare solution ever created in the history of the world. It's going to do beautiful things for every single person, no one is going to die, no one is going to get sick. It was put together by the best mind in history, and I also had a little help from some really smart econmicists and healthcare experts that I advised. Anyone who cites so called statistics indicating that Trumpcare actually increased premiums way beyond the norm, that it was too much of a burden on small businesses, or that it didn't provide many healthcare options to working families, is a liar and is distributing fake news." And the distance between that kind of propaganda, which only exists these days in autocratic countries, and using the power of the state to prosecute people who dare contradict your claims, is not that far.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Vegan you can't convince someone who has proven they aren't willing to listen and would rather focus on some imaginary monsters under the bed. All you need to know are these things:

The media is being very unfair to President Trump and covering him negatively for no reason at all.
Barrack Obama has done everything that the media criticizes Trump for, but the media said NOTHING.
Some people actively look for old articles, speeches and videos to try to prove media bias, but they they aren't Trumpets.
People tie themselves into the most beautiful knots anyone has ever seen to excuse the words and actions of President Trump, BUT they are not Trumpets.
Every "criticism" of President Trump some people make is followed by a "BUT" and a long attack on something or someone else, but there is no way they're Trumpets.
Only 1 man has the ability to be objective regarding anything President Trump.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:

It sure isn't you. :lol:

The fact that rather than actually discussing the issue as vegan and I are doing, you resort to name-calling and declaring anyone who makes a point you dislike a "Trumpet" says a whole lot about your objectivity and ability to discuss the subject rationally.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
One may ask what the difference is between the propaganda of Trump and the propaganda of any other president, which is fair. I think Trump's style is more about blatant lying, whereby a lie becomes a whole narrative, while others try to shape narratives in misleading ways, but the narrative is not based on bullshit like Trump's. Take Obamacare for instance. The Obama administration tried to always paint the initiative in a positive way, citing statistics in ways that supported they narrative while ignoring or maybe disregarding other statistics that would paint Obamacare in a more negative light. What Trump does is say, for example, "Trumpcare is the best healthcare solution ever created in the history of the world. It's going to do beautiful things for every single person, no one is going to die, no one is going to get sick. It was put together by the best mind in history, and I also had a little help from some really smart econmicists and healthcare experts that I advised. Anyone who cites so called statistics indicating that Trumpcare actually increased premiums way beyond the norm, that it was too much of a burden on small businesses, or that it didn't provide many healthcare options to working families, is a liar and is distributing fake news." And the distance between that kind of propaganda, which only exists these days in autocratic countries, and using the power of the state to prosecute people who dare contradict your claims, is not that far.

See, I view it in kind of the opposite way. Many of Trump's statements are so obviously just cheerleading for himself and so vague that they can't really be taken seriously as any sort of real commentary on policy. Whereas a lot of bad lies were used to sell Obamacare and the war in Iraq, for example.

As we talked about last week, I am concerned by some of the things Gingrich said regarding the relationship between the president and the press and specifically access. Trump is nothing if not ham-handed, but let's not kid ourselves that Obama didn't groom friendly members of the media, which ultimately has the same result in "controlling" what is assumed to be a free press.

Look at this quote from the article you posted: "Karen Tumulty of the Washington Post said Spicer's assertion about 'what you guys should be writing' was 'chilling'." That's the epitome of the overwrought post-Trump hysteria we've been seeing from many on the left. What would be chilling is if all of you guys wrote about how chilling Trump's treatment of the press was and then you suddenly disappeared. But I have the feeling Tumulty and MANY others are going to be around for the next four years exercising their right to slam Trump at every turn.

And I find this just as troubling: "The CNN television network made a choice not to broadcast the Spicer statement live. Instead, the statement was monitored and then reported on after the fact."
So now we have a major network making the call that because of who the president is, a press conference isn't worthy of being covered live.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Pointing out media bias/hypocrisy makes someone a "Trumpet". Got it. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

The fact that rather than actually discussing the issue as vegan and I are doing, you resort to name-calling and declaring anyone who makes a point you dislike a "Trumpet" says a whole lot about your objectivity and ability to discuss the subject rationally.

There is no discussing anything with you and sooner or later MANY will stop trying. Vegan, FF and Leash have been more than fair and reasonable, but they would have just as good of a chance getting Donald Trump or a brick wall to agree with them.

Edit: Calling someone a Trumpet is far different from calling people antisemites and the former president a terrorist.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nas wrote:

Edit: Calling someone a Trumpet is far different from calling people antisemites and the former president a terrorist.

Why do it at all? It is intended to be a derogatory word.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

There is no discussing anything with you and sooner or later MANY will stop trying. Vegan, FF and Leash have been more than fair and reasonable, but they would have just as good of a chance getting Donald Trump or a brick wall to agree with them.

:lol: FF, vegan, and leash aren't close to as dogmatic as you are. They know how to have a discussion without shouting the other guy down. When it comes to these subjects you're like a fascist. You want to put an end to every conversation by declaring someone a "Trumpet".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

If every statement a person makes regarding Jews is negative, I don't know what else to call it. And I don't believe anyone here ever called the previous president a terrorist although MANY disliked his drone program.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
If anyone called him a terrorist the closest I would say would be FF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

chaspoppcap wrote:
If anyone called him a terrorist the closest I would say would be FF

I don't don't believe FF was speaking about him personally so much as about U.S. policy in general.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: FF, vegan, and leash aren't close to as dogmatic as you are. They know how to have a discussion without shouting the other guy down. When it comes to these subjects you're like a fascist. You want to put an end to every conversation by declaring someone a "Trumpet".

Do you read your own posts?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

If every statement a person makes regarding Jews is negative, I don't know what else to call it. And I don't believe anyone here ever called the previous president a terrorist although MANY disliked his drone program.

There is no better way to end a discussion than throwing around the word antisemite like candy on Halloween. It's a clear and offensive way to shout someone down.

You did imply that the former president a terrorist.

"I won't be shocked if Obama yells, "Allahu Akbar!" at his McCormick Place farewell."

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=102576&p=2625949&hilit=Obama#p2625949

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next