It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:02 pm 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Only 1 man has the ability to be objective regarding anything President Trump.

It sure isn't you. :lol:

The fact that rather than actually discussing the issue as vegan and I are doing, you resort to name-calling and declaring anyone who makes a point you dislike a "Trumpet" says a whole lot about your objectivity and ability to discuss the subject rationally.

I hope you're not claiming to be objective yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
JORR certainly comes across as a "You can't really take his words seriously" Trump apologist...who also is perfectly willing to downplay the press who point out that Trump's Orwellian behavior is chilling.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Only 1 man has the ability to be objective regarding anything President Trump.

It sure isn't you. :lol:

The fact that rather than actually discussing the issue as vegan and I are doing, you resort to name-calling and declaring anyone who makes a point you dislike a "Trumpet" says a whole lot about your objectivity and ability to discuss the subject rationally.

There is no discussing anything with you and sooner or later MANY will stop trying. Vegan, FF and Leash have been more than fair and reasonable, but they would have just as good of a chance getting Donald Trump or a brick wall to agree with them.

Edit: Calling someone a Trumpet is far different from calling people antisemites and the former president a terrorist.

If every statement a person makes regarding Jews is negative, I don't know what else to call it. And I don't believe anyone here ever called the previous president a terrorist although MANY disliked his drone program.

There is no better way to end a discussion than throwing around the word antisemite like candy on Halloween. It's a clear and offensive way to shout someone down.

You did imply that the former president a terrorist.

"I won't be shocked if Obama yells, "Allahu Akbar!" at his McCormick Place farewell."

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=102576&p=2625949&hilit=Obama#p2625949

First, that was obviously a joke.

Second, are you saying that yelling "Allahu Akbar!" makes one a terrorist?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
One should simply quietly reflect "Allahu akbar"

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

GoldenJet wrote:
JORR certainly comes across as a "You can't really take his words seriously" Trump apologist...who also is perfectly willing to downplay the press who point out that Trump's Orwellian behavior is chilling.

Apologist? Really? I've called him a liar multiple times just in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:40 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

But you lose credibility in the eyes of many when you disingenuously equate the "bad lies" you claim in the passage of Obamacare and the war in Iraq. And then turn on a dime to present baffling interpretations of Trump's words and actions. Or continue the completely irrelevant references to Hillary Clinton despite your occasional criticisms of Trump

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

But you lose credibility in the eyes of many when you disingenuously equate the "bad lies" you claim in the passage of Obamacare and the war in Iraq. And then turn on a dime to present baffling interpretations of Trump's words and actions. Or continue the completely irrelevant references to Hillary Clinton despite your occasional criticisms of Trump

What "baffling" interpretation" of Trump's lies have I made? None. This motherfucker should start by releasing his tax returns. That's a legitimate story.

But when people are acting as if Trump is the first president to lie, it's a little silly. And to just blow off the lies made in pursuit of wars and/or policy that affects 1/6 of the economy while getting indignant about a lie over how many people attended a ceremony seems quite unreasonable to me.

Criticisms of Clinton aren't irrelevant in discussing Trump. You might not want to acknowledge it, but the Democrats rigging the field for Clinton is why we're stuck with Trump for the next four years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

What "baffling" interpretation" of Trump's lies have I made? None. This motherfucker should start by releasing his tax returns. That's a legitimate story.

But when people are acting as if Trump is the first president to lie, it's a little silly. And to just blow off the lies made in pursuit of wars and/or policy that affects 1/6 of the economy while getting indignant about a lie over how many people attended a ceremony seems quite unreasonable to me.

Criticisms of Clinton aren't irrelevant in discussing Trump. You might not want to acknowledge it, but the Democrats rigging the field for Clinton is why we're stuck with Trump for the next four years.

The only way anything could have been rigged would be if the Democrats tampered with the vote.

You do lose credibility by constantly excusing Trump's bad behavior while simultaneously insisting that you don't support the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

The only way anything could have been rigged would be if the Democrats tampered with the vote.

You do lose credibility by constantly excusing Trump's bad behavior while simultaneously insisting that you don't support the guy.

You lose credibility by constantly saying I'm excusing Trump when an unbiased person who had never heard of Trump could see I obviously never have.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:16 pm 

When you say that he isn't the only President to have ever lied you are excusing him.

He lies about damn near everything. That does separate him from just about every other President. It is to a point where anything he says is open to speculation.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
JORR gives multiple people a similar vibe.

JORR: No I don't, that's ridiculous!

"Alternate Facts"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
When you say that he isn't the only President to have ever lied you are excusing him.

Is that kind of like excusing the kidnapping and torture of a white person by four black assailants by saying it wasn't racist? I mean, if JORR pointing out that a President lying isn't anything new is excusing this particular President's lies, then surely pointing out that those four assailants, who chose that victim because of his race and disability, aren't racist is similarly excusing their actions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:

He lies about damn near everything. That does separate him from just about every other President. It is to a point where anything he says is open to speculation.

So telling the truth is "excusing him"?

Trump certainly lied more Clinton, but it is funny that you're a staunch and uncritical supporter of hers when she isn't known for being truthful herself. I'm not saying they're equivalent mind you, but you seem incapable of looking at het critically. And she isn't irrelevant as the only possible alternative.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

GoldenJet wrote:
JORR gives multiple people a similar vibe.

JORR: No I don't, that's ridiculous!

"Alternate Facts"

I don't know what kind of "vibe" I give, but I stand behind the words I write.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Guys, guys, guys.... it's championship Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I'll remember this next time you bring up the Russians

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
pittmike wrote:

This guy gets it.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
pittmike wrote:
Not for the Packers :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:53 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Is that kind of like excusing the kidnapping and torture of a white person by four black assailants by saying it wasn't racist? I mean, if JORR pointing out that a President lying isn't anything new is excusing this particular President's lies, then surely pointing out that those four assailants, who chose that victim because of his race and disability, aren't racist is similarly excusing their actions.

Excusing their behavior would be saying that they aren't guilty of anything. You conveniently ignored the fact that I also stated that they should be found guilty and receive 70% of the maximum.

My argument about racism is legitimate and supported by a great number of sociologists also.

Since we are talking about racism can you show any instance in which you have ever addressed Trump's racism?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:55 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I'll remember this next time you bring up the Russians

If you had bother to pay attention you'd know that there hasn't been a first time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Trump certainly lied more Clinton, but it is funny that you're a staunch and uncritical supporter of hers when she isn't known for being truthful herself. I'm not saying they're equivalent mind you, but you seem incapable of looking at het critically. And she isn't irrelevant as the only possible alternative.

There are a number of things that Hillary hasn't lied about. One of the main reasons that people dislike her is because she has been candid about things. She has been found to lie about some things but Trump lies about everything. There is a difference.

She also has been accused of things and found later to be innocent. TRUMP entered office shortly after being found liable for fraud.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
What was a bigger lie?

You can keep your Doctor

I had more people at my inauguration.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:03 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
What was a bigger lie?

You can keep your Doctor

I never addressed Russian hacking and I never said it cost her the election either. You are making stuff up as usual.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol:

#morethanmean

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
chaspoppcap wrote:
What was a bigger lie?

You can keep your Doctor

Easy. The attendance. That is 100% incorrect. The 'keep your doctor' thing is not.

And this concludes today's episode of False Equivalency Theater.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:09 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

As far as looking at Hillary critically I do. I accept her flaws. Doesn't mean I agree with everything she does. I haven't. The reason that I defend her on here because i think a lot of the criticism has been unfair. You defend Trump most of the time but profess not to like or support the guy. It can be suggested that you are unable to look at him critically.

Trump lies on a level unseen in modern politics. The question going forward relates to impact. Will his lies adversely effect the country? Honestly I don't know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Excusing their behavior would be saying that they aren't guilty of anything. You conveniently ignored the fact that I also stated that they should be found guilty and receive 70% of the maximum.

See, that's not what JORR did to warrant you saying he "excuses" Donald Trump's lying. Here's what you said:

Quote:

JORR, I don't think, has ever said that Donald Trump isn't a liar, nor that he doesn't lie. In fact, I believe JORR has once or twice called out Trump for lying, in this very thread, yet you say that mentioning the lying of other politicians is [a subtle] excusing of Trump's lies specifically.

I don't know whether that is true in the absolute sense, but it sure does seem incongruous logically for you to hold that position when you have also said that, while the actions of those four black assailants are abominable (like JORR calling out Trump's lying in certain instances), they're "not racist", which is a subtle rolling back of the severity of their actions, much like JORR mentioning other Presidents lying as a subtle excuse for Trump telling falsehoods.

If you want to call what JORR did/does "excuse-making", then you are guilty of the very same "excusing" by calling 4 black assailants kidnapping and assaulting a boy in part because he is white "bad, but not racist".

Quote:
Since we are talking about racism can you show any instance in which you have ever addressed Trump's racism?

I've told you before that I have no interest in playing your "Prove You're Not a RACIST" game show.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:20 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

See, that's not what JORR did to warrant you saying he "excuses" Donald Trump's lying. Here's what you said:

Quote:

JORR, I don't think, has ever said that Donald Trump isn't a liar, nor that he doesn't lie. In fact, I believe JORR has once or twice called out Trump for lying, in this very thread, yet you say that mentioning the lying of other politicians is [a subtle] excusing of Trump's lies specifically.

I don't know whether that is true in the absolute sense, but it sure does seem incongruous logically for you to hold that position when you have also said that, while the actions of those four black assailants are abominable (like JORR calling out Trump's lying in certain instances), they're "not racist", which is a subtle rolling back of the severity of their actions, much like JORR mentioning other Presidents lying as a subtle excuse for Trump telling falsehoods.

If you want to call what JORR did/does "excuse-making", then you are guilty of the very same "excusing" by calling 4 black assailants kidnapping and assaulting a boy in part because he is white "not racist".

Quote:

I've told you before that I have no interest in playing your "Prove You're Not a RACIST" game show.

However you want me to partake in yours obviously. You invoked racism. I haven't. I addressed a specific issue.

As far as the kidnappers go I never excused anything. When I spoke of black "racism" I spoke in holistic terms. You also are conflating the issue but that is not surprising. You also want to debate semantics as a way of obfuscating the issue.

In the equivalency that you along with a few others seek on this issue there is no comparison. A racist or as I see it prejudiced act is not the same as institutional racism.

Which institutions do blacks control? It's an easy question and one that is sure to go unanswered lest some idiot wishes to make a joke.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:
However you want me to partake in yours obviously.

No, mine is the "prove you're not making excuses for people who abducted and tortured a kid because of the color of his skin" spin-off.

Though considering you seemingly have nothing substantive with which to respond to my highlighting of your logical inconsistencies, I'll take it that you do indeed see the similarities, and just don't want to keep pulling on that string.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next