It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
However you want me to partake in yours obviously. .

Yep! You should probably stop answering and tell him to go fuck himself every time he does it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
However you want me to partake in yours obviously.

No, mine is the "prove you're not making excuses for people who abducted and tortured a kid because of the color of his skin" spin-off.

Though considering you seemingly have nothing substantive with which to respond to my highlighting of your logical inconsistencies, I'll take it that you do indeed see the similarities, and just don't want to keep pulling on that string.

At what point in this country's history has black racism been manifested? If you are using this particular incident as some sort of cause celebre then that is pretty weak. The people who committed the act will undoubtedly go to jail. I advocated for that also. I never excused the behavior either. If you really think that is all that necessitates racism then you would be wrong. There is so much more to it than that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
long time guy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
What was a bigger lie?

You can keep your Doctor

I had more people at my inauguration.

I never addressed Russian hacking and I never said it cost her the election either. You are making stuff up as usual.

The whole Russia thing really is funny though. You have a Presidential candidate and now a President who nearly every day attacks some mainstream US institution or another while defending, by name, a meddling former foreign power and its kleptocratic dictator. Obviously Russia presents no threat to the US in conventional terms, but these are not conventional times. Yet you have extreme tribalists on one side and the JORRs of the world who are intoxicated by the tough-talking authoritarian celebrity-daddy on the other, coming together to prevent people from even thinking about it. Very odd.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jesus. Are we still doing the "black people need to condemn black criminals and saying they deserve severe punishment and are guilty isn't enough for me!" thing? Let's move on

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:51 pm 

DannyB wrote:
long time guy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
What was a bigger lie?

You can keep your Doctor

I never addressed Russian hacking and I never said it cost her the election either. You are making stuff up as usual.

The whole Russia thing really is funny though. You have a Presidential candidate and now a President who nearly every day attacks some mainstream US institution or another while defending, by name, a meddling former foreign power and its kleptocratic dictator. Obviously Russia presents no threat to the US in conventional terms, but these are not conventional times. Yet you have extreme tribalists on one side and the JORRs of the world who are intoxicated by the tough-talking authoritarian celebrity-daddy on the other, coming together to prevent people from even thinking about it. Very odd.

If a Democrat had spoken about Putin in the glowing terms in which Trump has their patriotism would be questioned.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
FavreFan wrote:
Jesus. Are we still doing the "black people need to condemn black criminals and saying they deserve severe punishment and are guilty isn't enough for me!" thing? Let's move on

Not at all. I want to point out that if JORR essentially saying "Trump lies, but so has every President" is an attempt to "excuse" Trump's lying, then so too is saying "what those guys did is awful, but it isn't racist" an attempt to "excuse" those actions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Not at all. I want to point out that if JORR essentially saying "Trump lies, but so has every President" is an attempt to "excuse" Trump's lying, then so too is saying "what those guys did is awful, but it isn't racist" an attempt to "excuse" those actions.

Ok. But jorr himself would tell you the people from the torture video can't be racist.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Ok. But jorr himself would tell you the people from the torture video can't be racist.

I know, and I would disagree, and say that he is excusing their actions, albeit subtly. My qualm was with seeing LTG use the same tactic with JORR in this thread (saying he was excusing Trump's actions) with which LTG was called out on in the original Facebook abduction thread, an allegation he denied vehemently. He wasn't excusing their actions in that thread, he said, but now JORR is excusing Trump's actions by saying essentially the same thing as LTG? That's bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

If I'm advocating that they go to jail then how can it be that I'm excusing their actions? You are not making much sense and what you are attempting to do is paint me as an apologist. Anyone that has paid attention to things that I have written regarding race will tell you that I'm not.

You attempted to excuse the actions of Elmhurst Steve with the "what has he ever done" crap and once I provided an example you professed ignorance. Veiled attempt to insinuate that I might be lying. You never addressed the point as to what he'd done either. You chose to keep the fight going regarding a semantical argument about who can and can't be racist.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 pm 

I'm starting to think I'm the only non racist on this board. Y'all need to do some introspection.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
I'm starting to think I'm the only non racist on this board. Y'all need to do some introspection.

MANY people are saying that. Being under 35 goes a long way.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I know, and I would disagree, and say that he is excusing their actions, albeit subtly. My qualm was with seeing LTG use the same tactic with JORR in this thread (saying he was excusing Trump's actions) with which LTG was called out on in the original Facebook abduction thread, an allegation he denied vehemently. He wasn't excusing their actions in that thread, he said, but now JORR is excusing Trump's actions by saying essentially the same thing as LTG? That's bullshit.

Once again excusing their actions would be advocating that they be allowed to go free. I never did that. You are lying if you continue this. I never ignored what they did. I didn't even provide an equivalency. I could but I didnt.

Jorr didn't address Trump's lying either. Referencing other people that lie isn't necessarily addressing Trump's lies. There is a difference but apparently you don't see it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:

You attempted to excuse the actions of Elmhurst Steve with the "what has he ever done" crap and once I provided an example you professed ignorance. Veiled attempt to insinuate that I might be lying.

I had, and still don't really have, a clue as to who Steve is/was as a poster on this board, much less as a human being. Relatively speaking, I am very much a newcomer with little clue as to the full and complete history of the board.

Me not knowing who someone is or was is not in any way an insinuation that you are lying. The fact that you can even type those words out is troubling.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:17 pm 

Long time guy and JLN need to come out to the next board outing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:17 pm 

long time guy wrote:

You attempted to excuse the actions of Elmhurst Steve with the "what has he ever done" crap and once I provided an example you professed ignorance. Veiled attempt to insinuate that I might be lying.

I had, and still don't really have, a clue as to who Steve is/was as a poster on this board, much less as a human being. Relatively speaking, I am very much a newcomer with little clue as to the full and complete history of the board.

Me not knowing who someone is or was is not in any way an insinuation that you are lying. The fact that you can even type those words out is troubling.

You were the person that brought him up. For a person that doesn't know who he happens to be you sure had no problem attempting to defend him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Once again excusing their actions would be advocating that they be allowed to go free.

If that is what constitutes "excusing", how is JORR referencing the lying of others an "excusing" of Trump's lying? By your definition here, JORR actually "excusing" Trump's lying would look like him saying that Trump never lies. Has he done that?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Once again excusing their actions would be advocating that they be allowed to go free.

If that is what constitutes "excusing", how is JORR referencing the lying of others an "excusing" of Trump's lying? By your definition here, JORR actually "excusing" Trump's lying would look like him saying that Trump never lies. Has he done that?

He attempted to provide an equivocation. I didn't. I stated they should go to jail. He basically stated that it is OK since everyone does it. It isn't just that Trump lies. He lies about everything. Obvious truths aren't such with Trump.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You were the person that brought him up. For a person that doesn't know who he happens to be you sure had no problem attempting to defend him.

Because someone in the post right before mine mentioned "Steve". I figured "Steve" would just be any other random, faceless poster. No clue about who he actually was because, again, new guy and not, as MANY would say, a mult.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I would. And I also don't think the situations are similar. But I'm not excusing Trump and LTG isn't excusing the kidnappers.

One thing we all should be able to agree on. Trump hasn't told a lie that has gotten anyone killed. At least not yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:48 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I would. And I also don't think the situations are similar. But I'm not excusing Trump and LTG isn't excusing the kidnappers.

One thing we all should be able to agree on. Trump hasn't told a lie that has gotten anyone killed. At least not yet.

Unless you mean just as a presidential candidate/President I don't believe that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
DannyB wrote:
long time guy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
What was a bigger lie?

You can keep your Doctor

If a Democrat had spoken about Putin in the glowing terms in which Trump has their patriotism would be questioned.

What if a Democrat did nothing as Putin took Crimea?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Unless you mean just as a presidential candidate/President I don't believe that.

Who do you think he has gotten killed with a lie?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Who do you think he has gotten killed with a lie?

I have no clue. An employee, a mistress, a business rival. Whoever. I don't put anything past this piece of shit, and he's a billionaire.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
long time guy wrote:
Excusing their behavior would be saying that they aren't guilty of anything. You conveniently ignored the fact that I also stated that they should be found guilty and receive 70% of the maximum.

See, that's not what JORR did to warrant you saying he "excuses" Donald Trump's lying. Here's what you said:

Quote:
When you say that he isn't the only President to have ever lied you are excusing him.

JORR, I don't think, has ever said that Donald Trump isn't a liar, nor that he doesn't lie. In fact, I believe JORR has once or twice called out Trump for lying, in this very thread, yet you say that mentioning the lying of other politicians is [a subtle] excusing of Trump's lies specifically.

I don't know whether that is true in the absolute sense, but it sure does seem incongruous logically for you to hold that position when you have also said that, while the actions of those four black assailants are abominable (like JORR calling out Trump's lying in certain instances), they're "not racist", which is a subtle rolling back of the severity of their actions, much like JORR mentioning other Presidents lying as a subtle excuse for Trump telling falsehoods.

If you want to call what JORR did/does "excuse-making", then you are guilty of the very same "excusing" by calling 4 black assailants kidnapping and assaulting a boy in part because he is white "bad, but not racist".

Quote:
Since we are talking about racism can you show any instance in which you have ever addressed Trump's racism?

I've told you before that I have no interest in playing your "Prove You're Not a RACIST" game show.

JLN, this is like chas level bad false equivalency. If this were "Who You Crappin", you would have been shotgunned after the second sentence.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
long time guy wrote:

No, mine is the "prove you're not making excuses for people who abducted and tortured a kid because of the color of his skin" spin-off.

Though considering you seemingly have nothing substantive with which to respond to my highlighting of your logical inconsistencies, I'll take it that you do indeed see the similarities, and just don't want to keep pulling on that string.

He is not being logically inconsistent. He would only be hypocritical if he had said, "yeah, what they did was wrong but there have been lots of tortures and murders throughout history."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:15 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He is not being logically inconsistent. He would only be hypocritical if he had said, "yeah, what they did was wrong but there have been lots of tortures and murders throughout history."

The specific methods of this theoretical excusing were different, of course. My point is that if mentioning other liars is subtly excusing lying, then saying "bad, but not racist" is subtly excusing the targeting of someone because of their race. I don't think what JORR said was excusing Trump's lying, and I don't think LTG was excusing the actions of those people, though I think is hyper-technical definition of racism to be silly. If you're going to call all "yeah, but..." statements an attempt to excuse, then they all better be called that.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
DannyB wrote:
long time guy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
What was a bigger lie?

You can keep your Doctor

Or drew multiple lines in Syria ,or using WMD in Syria

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:22 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
DannyB wrote:
long time guy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
What was a bigger lie?

You can keep your Doctor

Or drew multiple lines in Syria ,or using WMD in Syria

Neither point addresse s the fact that Trump repeatedly speaks of Putin in glowing terms. He also excuses the same behavior that you criticize Obama for. In Obama's case at least he has criticized Putin. What's the chances that Trump will do that? I think it is apparent that Trump seeks to gain access to the Russian oligarchs. No doubt about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:31 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Excusing their behavior would be saying that they aren't guilty of anything. You conveniently ignored the fact that I also stated that they should be found guilty and receive 70% of the maximum.

See, that's not what JORR did to warrant you saying he "excuses" Donald Trump's lying. Here's what you said:

Quote:
When you say that he isn't the only President to have ever lied you are excusing him.

JORR, I don't think, has ever said that Donald Trump isn't a liar, nor that he doesn't lie. In fact, I believe JORR has once or twice called out Trump for lying, in this very thread, yet you say that mentioning the lying of other politicians is [a subtle] excusing of Trump's lies specifically.

I don't know whether that is true in the absolute sense, but it sure does seem incongruous logically for you to hold that position when you have also said that, while the actions of those four black assailants are abominable (like JORR calling out Trump's lying in certain instances), they're "not racist", which is a subtle rolling back of the severity of their actions, much like JORR mentioning other Presidents lying as a subtle excuse for Trump telling falsehoods.

If you want to call what JORR did/does "excuse-making", then you are guilty of the very same "excusing" by calling 4 black assailants kidnapping and assaulting a boy in part because he is white "bad, but not racist".

Quote:
Since we are talking about racism can you show any instance in which you have ever addressed Trump's racism?

I've told you before that I have no interest in playing your "Prove You're Not a RACIST" game show.

JLN, this is like chas level bad false equivalency. If this were "Who You Crappin", you would have been shotgunned after the second sentence.

First off, fuck you.
Now to remain point. I thout you ass was quitting the board. Once again nothing but lies from the liberals around here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:36 pm 

LTG, here is e difference. We don't know what Trump will do yet. Rember actions speak louder than words. My lord he has been in office for two days ,you know what the difference is between him and Obama at the same time? The repubs didn't t block every single cabinet appointment Obama made so he had an almost complete cabinet on day one,Trump has two. One of the guy if they fucked with probably would have kicked their asses for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next