It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Thanks Trump. Maybe the people who are making $18-25 an hour can get jobs at Wal-Mart.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/caterpillar-to-close-plant-near-aurora-lay-off-800-workers/amp/?utm_source=Chicago%20Sun-Times&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1753368_cat&ID=1753368_cat&dm_i=2JCP,11KWO,2KDLZY,3356N,1

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I think the blame for this lays at the feet of our shitty and broke state.

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
These Fox Valley shitholes for decades preyed on industry from the city, I will bask in their ruin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Cat is struggling right now. Tons of layoffs. Most of the heavy equipment companies are running way below capacity out here with raw material prices in the shitter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
nequa valley just got poorer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Peoria will be next. All of them. Mossville first.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Scooter wrote:

Yup. The parachuting the the HQ to Chicago is the first step...the decision to get all manufacturing out of Illinois was made long ago. That wont stop CAT from playing chicken with the state to get every handout possible in the meantime.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:59 pm 

America wrote:
Scooter wrote:

Yup. The parachuting the the HQ to Chicago is the first step...the decision to get all manufacturing out of Illinois was made long ago. That wont stop CAT from playing chicken with the state to get every handout possible in the meantime.

When Cat put Peoria on the shelf on the riverfront that was the end of Cat in central Illinois. Moving everything is the beginning of the end. Peoria will soon be Galesburg. Very sad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:00 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I think the blame for this lays at the feet of or shitty and broke state.

I've said it for years, this is the result of bad governors like Edgar and Thompson with Ryan and Blagojevich mashing the gas pedal.

And the clueless voters in both parties that made Springfield the personal playground for MANY in both parties

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:01 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

I've said it for years, this is the result of bad governors like Edgar and Thompson with Ryan and Blagojevich mashing the gas pedal.

And the clueless voters in both parties that made Springfield the personal playground for MANY in both parties

Madigan has done more himself to destroy this state than anyone else.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:09 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Agree. Illinois is so fucking broken only one thing can save it. Legal weed. And this will be fucked up as well by those in Springfield. Worst state in the country. No question about it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Oh believe me, I include that crook in with the MANY in Springfield double dipping and enriching themselves and their own families only.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
This is just retooling

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Reader in the most respectful way possible I ask... why didn't you include him then in your post. That cock sucker has been running Illinois as long as I remember and his machine is as dirty as both Daleys ever were.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
conns7901 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Yet every election cycle the dumb voters in the state will turn the keys over to Madigan (who is the real governor of Illinois).

My family keeps asking me to move back to Illinois (and I have the freedom to do so as I work remotely). I always tell them there is no way I would ever move to Madiganistan. I like my lower cost of living, open carry, and keeping more of my paycheck.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Damn it feels good to live in glorious WI.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seriously he is such a shit bag and he runs even under Reader's radar. It doesn't even have to be republican and democrats. They can make two different names but until Chicago has a real two party election Illinois is screwed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:05 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Seriously he is such a shit bag and he runs even under Reader's radar. It doesn't even have to be republican and democrats. They can make two different names but until Chicago has a real two party election Illinois is screwed.

Illinois voters are morons. They keep giving the house to the same damn party for the better part of 40 years and then elect his fucking daughter in statewide elections every 4 years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:05 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Reader in the most respectful way possible I ask... why didn't you include him then in your post. That cock sucker has been running Illinois as long as I remember and his machine is as dirty as both Daleys ever were.

Primarily because I was talking about formal governors. But I'd like to see guys like him, Pate Phillip and plenty others just catch all the business. Springfield has long been filled with second rate scumbags from safe districts and serves no real purpose imo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:07 pm 

pittmike wrote:

As should DuPage county and most counties around I-74

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Primarily because I was talking about formal governors. But I'd like to see guys like him, Pate Phillip and plenty others just catch all the business. Springfield has long been filled with second rate scumbags from safe districts and serves no real purpose imo.

The problem with Illinois is that the person with the title "governor" really holds the title as a formality as true power in the state runs directly to Madigan. He is the Boss Tweed of our time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:50 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Cat is going to Texas.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Both parties are truly at fault. Whether you believe in big government, small government, or something in between, all folks should expect balanced fiscal budgets. Even though balanced budgets are required by our state constitution, we have over $100B in pension deficits, $10B in unpaid bill backlogs, and around $40B in debt. And this is in a state with one of the highest sales taxes, highest property taxes, and a decent sized income tax.

I have lived here my entire life. My six sibilings live here. My wife's four siblings live here. Our parents live here. Unfortunately, I will not retire here and am already looking to purchase a place outside the state. And yes Wisconsin is on the list. I would have a hard time living outside the Midwest.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:59 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Cat is going to Texas.

Say what you will about Texas, but they know how to create a positive economic climate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:29 am 

Part of the blame has to go to the minority voters in Chicagoland that no matter what, vote the democratic machine. What has the democratic party done for the black community in Chicago? Besides take their votes and continue to keep the status quo.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
pittmike wrote:

As should DuPage county and most counties around I-74

While I agree with this in theory, in practice, the voters of Dipage County will be bailing out the Democratic machine from Cook County for a longggggggggg time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:58 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Part of the blame has to go to the minority voters in Chicagoland that no matter what, vote the democratic machine. What has the democratic party done for the black community in Chicago? Besides take their votes and continue to keep the status quo.

The only choice is what? Represetatives who choose to align with suburban and downstate caucuses that remain vocal in their support of demonizing this pathetic state's only viable economic engine for the limited foreseeable future?

Why should we start voting like mamy alleged conservatives who almost completely vote against their own collective interests? Beyond wanton stupidity and prejudices.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:00 am 

At the very least, demand they stop taking your vote for granted.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I just wish we could one (1) politician,black, white, Hispanic, whatever who actually gave a fuck about the people they represent rather than setting themselves up for life .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:11 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
At the very least, demand they stop taking your vote for granted.

I could ask MANY and possibly you the exact same thing. And join in with Brouge's comments as well