It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Amen has one of the best theme songs of a major network sitcom in the 1980s.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
regular season hockey games are more entertaining than playoff hockey games.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
shakes wrote:

No. I think hockey sucks to watch, and even though I have almost no rooting interest (I pull for the Hawks but there's no emotional involvement), there are few things more intense than when an NHL playoff game gets into overtime.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
newper wrote:
Amen has one of the best theme songs of a major network sitcom in the 1980s.

no doubt
it's awesome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

No. I think hockey sucks to watch, and even though I have almost no rooting interest (I pull for the Hawks but there's no emotional involvement), there are few things more intense than when an NHL playoff game gets into overtime.

NBA playoffs. When I watch the Nba playoffs and I have a rooting interest, I almost can't even keep my eyes open.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:56 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

yep, nothing more exciting than watching 1-2 goals being scored over 3 hours of clutching, grabbing and blatant interference and then getting to extend that by an unlimited amount of time in the wee hours of the night.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 am 

College basketball blows and has since the late 90's. Once High School to NBA became the norm it was over for me. Later incarnation of one and done hasn't done much to taper this sentiment. From bad play to unskilled players to overcoaching it stinks. Couple that with certain colleges who function as NBA farm systems and I've had enough. I probably watch fewer than ten games a year and they are of the local variety mainly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:48 am 

long time guy wrote:
College basketball blows and has since the late 90's. Once High School to NBA became the norm it was over for me. Later incarnation of one and done hasn't done much to taper this sentiment. From bad play to unskilled players it stinks. Couple that with certain colleges who function as NBA farm systems and I've had enough. I probably watch fewer than ten games a year and they are of the local variety mainly.
That's not really an unpopular take.

An unpopular take is that college basketball is better than the NBA which is my personal take.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am 

Boilermaker Rick is a free spirit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
College basketball blows and has since the late 90's. Once High School to NBA became the norm it was over for me. Later incarnation of one and done hasn't done much to taper this sentiment. From bad play to unskilled players it stinks. Couple that with certain colleges who function as NBA farm systems and I've had enough. I probably watch fewer than ten games a year and they are of the local variety mainly.

An unpopular take is that college basketball is better than the NBA which is my personal take.

I know a lot of people that absolutely love college ball and hate the NBA. I don't know what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I know a lot of people that absolutely love college ball and hate the NBA. I don't know what you're talking about.
I don't "hate" the NBA but that describes me.

Good to hear most agree with me that college is better though. Thanks ltg!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:54 am 

long time guy wrote:
College basketball blows and has since the late 90's. Once High School to NBA became the norm it was over for me. Later incarnation of one and done hasn't done much to taper this sentiment. From bad play to unskilled players to overcoaching it stinks. Couple that with certain colleges who function as NBA farm systems and I've had enough. I probably watch fewer than ten games a year and they are of the local variety mainly.

LTG is right as usual.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Portillo's Italian beef is just OK.

I don't understand the portillo's love in general.

been once past 10 years and it was fine. but so many people jizz themselves over it.

OVERRATED

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:57 am 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

LTG is right as usual.

Watching Lonzo Ball matched up with a guy that will be working at the local tasty freeze in another year isn't exactly scintillating basketball imo. They can have that overrated bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:03 am 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

LTG is right as usual.

Watching Lonzo Ball matched up with a guy that will be working at the local tasty freeze in another year isn't exactly scintillating basketball imo. They can have that overrated bullshit.

I just laugh at the people who say stuff like "These guys play the game the right way..." or something similar. All I see when I watch tournament time is poor fundamentals, mistake ridden play, and bad shot selection.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:04 am 

I'm just happy to hear most people think college basketball is better than the NBA!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Watching basketball sucks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:06 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

been once past 10 years and it was fine. but so many people jizz themselves over it.

OVERRATED

I like Portillo's, but you're right... it's insane. There are cars backed up into the street to get this crap every day. It's not THAT good. I think it's a comfort food for Chicago natives, but still... it's very good food but not as good as some believe it is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
leashyourkids wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

OVERRATED

I like Portillo's, but you're right... it's insane. There are cars backed up into the street to get this crap every day. It's not THAT good. I think it's a comfort food for Chicago natives, but still... it's very good food but not as good as some believe it is.

There are far better places all over the area to get what they sell at Portillos.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

OVERRATED

their beef is just average, imo. Certainly not bad but I would put it in the middle of the pack

But i do feel they have a damn tasty burger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Eat when I'm in area but that's only because there is nothing comparable out here. Kinda like when I find a gyro place I give it s try hoping against hope that it's good. Usually disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
sjboyd0137 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

OVERRATED

There are far better places all over the area to get what they sell at Portillos.

EXACTLY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:18 am 

Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:

LTG is right as usual.

I just laugh at the people who say stuff like "These guys play the game the right way..." or something similar. All I see when I watch tournament time is poor fundamentals, mistake ridden play, and bad shot selection.

Agree. The Vitale types try and disguise the mediocre play by hyping the enthusiasm of the fans and the hustle of the players. It is one shitty spectacle at this stage of the game no pun intended.

Also tired of watching overhyped coaches too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:20 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

OVERRATED

EXACTLY

ALL ITALIAN BEEF IS THE SAME

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
John Oliver's show is glorified internet article sharing.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 am 

long time guy wrote:

Also tired of watching overhyped coaches too.

:P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:31 am 

Seeing ltg so worked up is funny.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:34 am 

I'm with Brick on this one. Saying that college basketball sucks because of one and dones is hardly an unpopular take.

I think its more unpopular to say you find the college game more exciting than the NBA which is an opinion I happen to have.

NBA game is shit, nothing but 3 pointers and clear outs. Its basically just glorified one v one basketball with 8 other people standing there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:39 am 

IMO, the reason college basketball looks like they're taking bad shots is because they don't have the skill level of NBA players. They literally have to run a motion offense and run it well to get a good shot unless they have a stud.

NBA can get good shots with isolation, especially during the regular season when there's less double teaming.

However, I tend to fall on the old white man's side in that I like the emotion of college athletics even if the skill level is far less. That's regular season only. The NBA playoffs are where it's at, but these guys don't care that much during the regular season.

In order of best to worst:

NBA playoffs
March Madness
College BBall regular season
NBA regular season

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Here's a take: Hockey has the most skilled athletes of any sport.

This is from attending more hockey games recently. Really don't follow the league that closely. I can imagine that a hockey team could put up a decent showing in other sports, but I can't imagine athletes from other sports skating and have the precision in passing and shooting. Those are skills that I can't comprehend.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next