It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
My childhood neighborhood making news again this week with more gang violence. Though the first killing that seemed to initiate things was sort of a Darwin Award winner ( Facebooked live himself threatening the other gang and bragged about how he was always on the street (but not in the hallway!) and that he was sitting in a parked car at 3am at that very moment . Police found him dead like 2 hours later :lol: ) then at a memorial for his stupid ass, a brother and sister were killed and several others shot. The Alderman sounds pissed off and made a somewhat controversial statement saying that no innocent lives were lost in this which has sparked somewhat of a backlash against him. Now it seems that one of the street gangs involved in this has threatened his life and he now has a police detail and guard. I don't know if he's stupid or very brave but it's nice to see a politician finally speak out against this.

After speaking out against a shocking mass shooting that left two people dead and eight people wounded in Brighton Park on Sunday, a Southwest Side alderman's home and offices were put under security from Chicago Police Department officers, according to a report.
A "credible threat" was made against Ald. Raymond Lopez (Ward 15) by members of the Satan Disciples gang, Frank Main and Jordan Owen of the Sun-Times report. The alderman's office did not immediately return a request for comment. He declined to comment to the Sun-Times, according to the paper.
News of the reported security details arrive after Lopez made full-throated calls for neighbors to come forward and assist police officers with criminal investigations—even as he speculated that community members have been afraid to reach out to law enforcement in recent times in part because of fears of deportation, according to DNAinfo.
"The wake-up call has been here. It's time for us to act," Lopez said after the shooting. "It's time for each and every one of us to start looking at what's going on our block identifying who is a gang member, who's selling drugs and who is supporting them in our communities."
Lopez also made the controversial comment that he was "thankful because today no innocent lives were lost," referencing police's belief that the mass shooting—which happened in the 4600 block of South Rockwell Street on Sunday, at around 5:20 p.m.—was gang-related retaliation. The victims had been gathered at at makeshift memorial for Daniel Cardova, who was fatally shot some 12 hours before gunmen opened fire on the crowd.
Lopez later urged residents to gather on Monday evening for a take-back-the-block-style congregation near where the shooting happened.

Police said in a preliminary statement that the shooters used rifles in the slaying. "High-powered" rifles were also used by gunmen in an attack on two plainclothes police officers just five days earlier, in nearby Back of the Yards, according to police. The two tactical-unit officers, who reportedly wore bulletproof vests, survived the assault, which was carried out by gang members who mistakenly believed the officers were members of a rival gang. A reputed member of the La Raza gang, Angel Gomez, 18, faces two counts of attempted murder in that shooting; and police are looking for others who may have been involved.
As investigations ramp up, the Sun-Times offered this grim context and scary portent:
"Sources said gangs in Back of the Yards and Brighton Park know La Raza will come under intense scrutiny from the Chicago Police Department for the rest of the year because of the shooting of the two officers. That’s expected to create a power vacuum in those neighborhoods and in other parts of the city, which La Raza’s rivals will try to exploit.
Police officers have been on high alert in Back of the Yards and Brighton Park in recent months because many of the gang shootings in those neighborhoods have involved assault rifles that are capable of piercing officers’ body armor."

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
As long as one of those armored piercing gun toting fucks don't try to steal a Snickers bar,they are cool with me.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:19 pm 

At least all the assault weapons stolen from the rail yards over there were insured. :roll:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) You could stop this tomorrow
┳┻|⊂ノ with full legalization
┻┳|

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:57 pm 

I think the happenings in Brighton Park over the last week or so should be a concern across the city.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
I think the happenings in Brighton Park over the last week or so should be a concern across the city.

Suburbs win again.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
We should all move to Brighton Park so our kids can see stuff.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:57 pm 

pittmike wrote:

let's put up a gated community first so we can claim we live in the inner-city, but are still within a protected bubble.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
That's a weak ass copout and an outright lie, " people are afraid of deportation if they come forward" what has the excuse been for decades before deportation?

LaRaza has like 4 blocks in Pilsen, it's not like every gang in the city is going to try to move in. Those cops who followed those dumbfucks in an unmarked van were either dumb or naive as fuck, the police spokesperson said the under covers were following them to prevent retaliation shootings.. You use a police cruiser if that's your motive.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
┳┻|

┻┳|

of what? guns or dope?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 pm 
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
pittmike wrote:

let's put up a gated community first so we can claim we live in the inner-city, but are still within a protected bubble.

Will there be a Cooper's Hawk?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:29 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
┳┻|

┻┳|

of what? guns or dope?

well in this case I'm talking about drugs, but I'm not opposed to recognizing 2nd Amendment rights either. Most gun homicides disappear overnight if you end prohibition on drugs. It's as if this country ignored every lesson of the 1920s prohibition on alcohol.