It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Otto Warmbier
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I would argue that most of the terrorism (ISIS, Al Qaeda, etc.) is all geopolitics

It would be difficult for a religion that demands the establishment of a worldwide Caliphate to ignore geopolitics.

I would argue that the terror groups themselves aren't the real players here, but their state sponsors are.

Who was the state sponsor of Al Queda?

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Qatar, and Afghanistan (pre 2001 war) were state sponsors.

Even when some of those countries cut ties (Saudia Arabia for example), their ruling class doesn't and continues to funnel funds an material support for them.

If there are several states doing it- what ties them together? It's clearly the religious beliefs, which are much more powerful in that region than nationalism.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:37 pm 

Bin Laden wasnt a religious fanatic. His problems with the United States were related to geopolitics not religion.

Muslims aren't the only group of people with terrorist organizations either. Other groups have them also.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/osama- ... 8-13506629

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bin Laden wasnt a religious fanatic. His problems with the United States were related to geopolitics not religion.

:lol:

Sure he wasn't. He went anywhere Islam was "under attack" and started a Jihad. You really are absurd.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
This is a great honeypot thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
America wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I think you have the wrong ideas on Israel. It's a democracy with a free press and freedom of religion. You view on the human rights abuses is heavily distorted. Israel has problems, they are working on them though, but I can at least say Israel (unlike the US) faces a direct existential threat that can justify some of the unsavory things they do.

I can at least sleep well knowing Israel has made proper overtures for peace, and maybe one day the Palestinians will have their own Sadat so that peaces can occur. As of now, they've had nothing but thieves running the PA who rob the aid treasuries to enrich themselves. They reject every fair offer without so much as a counter-offer as they need to be stateless to keep their scam going to rob from UNRWA. Eventually the Palestinians will get fed up with the corruption of their leadership and a Sadat will step forward. On that day there will be peace.

:lol: You really cannot keep your shit straight.

I think this conflict and the factors/history are well above your level of understanding. I'd suggest traveling to the MidEast if you ever get a chance. You might learn a thing or two.

I'm sure you'll get the unvarnished truth living in a country that literally put up a massive wall around itself. I dont need to live in Israel to know how they operate, enough has been written on that already.

You hate the police, but seem to love police-states.
You realize Israel doesn't have a wall around itself, right? Border with Egypt has no barrier (except around Eilat and that was due to Eritrean and Sudanese migrants crossing from Egypt rather than security threats). Jordanian border is wide open in the Arava Valley. They have a security barrier in built up areas, but that concrete fence you see on the news only exists in very built up areas. Most areas of the West Bank have no security fence, but once again you don't know any of that because you're completely ignorant and unprepared to discuss this topic.

Israel is hardly a police state and if you spent just 24 hours there you would see that. Your ignorance is showing through here.

Isreal doesn't have a wall, except for all these walls they have. You did a very good job explaining the few places along the Israeli border that aren't walled up though. You even let it slip that you know what its called (security fence), which kind of leads me to believe you know exactly what I'm talking about.

And why doesn't Israel do its part to accept refugees from Eritrea and Sudan...you said yourself that they aren't security threats.

Those "few places" that are not walled up represent the longest stretches of Israel's border and in fact are the majority of its land borders. If you look at a map, the entirety of the Jordanian border is not walled-up. That's the entire north-south length of the country from the Golan. As for the Egyptian border, everything except for the very southern tip is without a wall. You can drive across either border, you just have to pay 95 Shekels (between $20-$25) and get a 30 day stamp on your passport for that. It's to the point that a lot of Jordanians in Aqaba now commute into Israel to work in Eilat. The security fence only exists between parts of the West Bank and the Jerusalem area. That's a small portion of the West bank and it basically separates J-lem from Ramallah and Bethlehem. We're talking about maybe 40-50 miles of fencing in a high density area as a barrier to separate Area A lands (which are under complete PA control) from Israel proper. You really need to read a map or take a look at Google Earth and tell me where you see a fence and where you don't.

The fences Israel has probably cover less than 20% of its land borders. The US has far more fencing on its southern border than Israel has.

Israel does accept refugees from Eritrea and Sudan. If you ever went to the Hatikvah neighborhood of Tel Aviv or the Central Bus Station section of the city you would see they represent the majority of the population in that region. They also live in large groups in Eilat. Israel has taken in many (Egypt, who they cross through to get to Israel, has taken 0 and is known to use them for target practice). Israel does have to limit the number they take on though as there simply isn't enough housing or resources to provide for every refugee who wishes to arrive. Plus there is the question of the Sudanese vs. Eritrean needs. The issue is hotly debated in the Knesset and in local governments.

This might shock you, but Israel's media is pretty left wing and often on the side of taking in more refugees.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Sure he wasn't. He went anywhere Islam was "under attack" and started a Jihad. You really are absurd.

Which books have you actually read on the subject? I doubt any but if you had youd know what I'm talking about. You sound stupid and way out of your element on this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Muslims aren't the only group of people with terrorist organizations either. Other groups have them also.

Name one active terrorist group that is remotely similar.

The Missing Link wrote:

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Bin Laden wanted infidels OUT of the Holy Land. That was his mission.

long time guy wrote:

The Mossad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The Mossad

:lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Israel's media is pretty left wing

What do you expect from (((the liberal media)))?

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The Mossad

hoo boy

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Which books have you actually read on the subject? I doubt any but if you had youd know what I'm talking about. You sound stupid and way out of your element on this.

You struggle to speak with authority on any area of history, then pull the "you are stupid card." That means you have no idea what you are talking about and are embarrassed when it starts to show.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:47 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

You can make a real case there that the (((they))) control the media in Israel. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The Mossad

This is embarrassing.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:49 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

You can make a real case there that the (((they))) control the media in Israel. :lol:

:lol: I'm sorry, I can't help it, I find the triple-parentheses funny. The more incongruous, the better. Like, just had some (((root beer))) with my lunch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:50 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

Bin Laden's issues with the U.S started because of U.S. occupation of Arabian soil. Ayatollahs issues with the U.S. started because of U.S. intervention into Iranian politics. Had nothing to do with religion. If you look at Lebanon during the 80's you will see exactly the same picture. U.S. propagandists focus on religion because they have no moral basis for their actions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The Mossad

This is embarrassing.

No it isn't. The Mossad may not fit the active criteria but they are definitely a terrorist organization.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Bin Laden's issues with the U.S started because of U.S. occupation of Arabian soil. Had nothing to do with religion.

Are you saying that "Arabian soil" can be divorced from religion?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You struggle to speak with authority on any area of history, then pull the "you are stupid card." That means you have no idea what you are talking about and are embarrassed when it starts to show.

You do not even know the history of Bin Laden. I'm convinced of it. My response was to the" I'm absurb" comment. You conveniently omitted that I see. If you want to lock up on this let's go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Bin Laden's issues with the U.S started because of U.S. occupation of Arabian soil. Had nothing to do with religion.

In some instances yes. Contrary to message board belief, there are a number of Arabians that aren't fanatical about religion. A number of leaders are secularists.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

In the same vein that the American south can be as well. Everything down there is viewed through southern Baptist lenses, until they can't

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Bin Laden's issues with the U.S started because of U.S. occupation of Arabian soil. Ayatollahs issues with the U.S. started because of U.S. intervention into Iranian politics. Had nothing to do with religion. If you look at Lebanon during the 80's you will see exactly the same picture. U.S. propagandists focus on religion because they have no moral basis for their actions.

Why is that ground sacred? Why would focusing on religion cause it to have better "moral basis" for US actions? You really have zero background in this. You read a few Chomsky-like articles, and you made your decision.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You do not even know the history of Bin Laden. I'm convinced of it. My response was to the" I'm absurb" comment. You conveniently omitted that I see. If you want to lock up on this let's go.

You convince yourself of a lot ridiculous things. It does not make them true. You think the guy was not a "real Muslim"? Based on what? Why did he fight in Afghanistan - other than religion? Why frame it as a Jihad?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

In some instances yes. Contrary to message board belief, there are a number of Arabians that aren't fanatical about religion. A number of leaders are secularists.

The entire concept of "Arabia" is impossible to separate from Islam.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:02 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

In the same vein that the American south can be as well. Everything down there is viewed through southern Baptist lenses, until they can't

Not even remotely similar thoughts. The American South was promised to a group in it's founding religious texts?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Why is that ground sacred? Why would focusing on religion cause it to have better "moral basis" for US actions? You really have zero background in this. You read a few Chomsky-like articles, and you made your decision.

Unlike you I actually know a little bit about it. As long as we use religion as a subtext then there can never be a right nor wrong. It becomes a pissing match about which religion is better. The fact of the matter is that the United States is an occupier of Muslim countries. They resent it. We would too if it occurred here. Hell we are trying to institute a travel ban to prevent refugees from entering this country yet guys like you have no problem with troops and bombs entering theirs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
long time guy wrote:

Unlike you I actually know a little bit about it. As long as we use religion as a subtext then there can never be a right nor wrong. It becomes a pissing match about which religion is better. The fact of the matter is that the United States is an occupier of Muslim countries. They resent it. We would too if it occurred here. Hell we are trying to institute a travel ban to prevent refugees from entering this country yet guys like you have no problem with troops and bombs entering theirs.

So why do they attack European countries who welcomed them with open arms and social safety net not even afforded to their own citizens (and compared to the USA the lap of luxury)?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You convince yourself of a lot ridiculous things. It does not make them true. You think the guy was not a "real Muslim"? Based on what? Why did he fight in Afghanistan - other than religion? Why frame it as a Jihad?

Is comprehension a problem for you? Where did you get real Muslim from? Religion was used as a recruitment tool nothing more. If religion is the genesis and not geopolitics then why do Muslims war with other Muslims?

Bin Laden targeted the U.S because he didn't like the fact that they occupied Arabian lands.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:11 pm 

America wrote:
long time guy wrote:

So why do they attack European countries who welcomed them with open arms and social safety net not even afforded to their own citizens (and compared to the USA the lap of luxury)?

I will admit to being ignorant of European role in all of this and I will abstain on that but with regards to America it is clear cut. You can connect the dots very easily. History bears it out.

Somewhat ignorant. Britain was very influential in the geopolitical history of the Middle East.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

You moved away from the topic with total nonsense. What religion is better? That's ignorance. The discussion is about Bin Laden's motivations, and you've cowered away from it to say the travel ban is bad.

You have zero evidence to back this up other than, much like an Iman claiming to have superior knowledge without any proof. Was Bin Laden not a Muslim then?

The Missing Link wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next