It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:35 am 

Douchebag wrote:
You could just rent one of those mobile storage units, and store the soda in that.

What size we talking?

I assume you'd have to sell 100's per day to be viable right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
You could just rent one of those mobile storage units, and store the soda in that.

What size we talking?

I think the intermodal storage unit is what he has in mind.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:39 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What size we talking?

I was thinking about one of these:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I sense a CFMB business venture on the horizon. I'm willing to invest.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What size we talking?

Of course, there will be an underground meth operation with this too, to put us in the "black". That's understood right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jbi11s wrote:
I sense a CFMB business venture on the horizon. I'm willing to invest.

we will only accept Bitcoin for payment

Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What size we talking?

Of course, there will be an underground meth operation with this too, to put us in the "black". That's understood right?

Can you cook?

Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What size we talking?

So how many fit in that? like 100? Or is that a lot bigger than Im thinking (Hi Cairo)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What size we talking?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:53 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What size we talking?

So how many fit in that? like 100? Or is that a lot bigger than Im thinking (Hi Cairo)

I just did the math

A pods container is 16'x8'x8'
A 24 pack of coke is 18 x 12 x 5 inches

So you can pack them 8 across, 10 by length and 18 high so that is 1,440 of the 24 Coca Cola packs per pod. Probably less though as you may need to have an open area for easier acces.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:56 am 

Here's how the American government does things backwards; one example. We have massive farm subsidies that go to corn growers so therefore more corn is grown at a lower price. That corn syrup is used in almost everything we eat and drink (mainly a sugar substitute.) This makes soft drinks artificially cheaper due to all the subsidies and people tend to buy more of them; they like the taste and cost.

Naturally some health campaigners say we need to tax "Big Soda" *yes this is a real thing now. Funny how it's always bad if it's Big X to many of these people but big government is good, anyway* They say taxing it will reduce the amount sold and make us healthier.

So government artificially makes it cheaper with subsidies and its answer is to tax what it itself is already responsible for. Eliminate the subsidy (we don't need ANY farm subsidies in America we can easily feed everyone here no problem) and you eliminate a lot of this problem. The other issue is based on personal choice and health which isn't anyone's business but that individual in my opinion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:56 am 

Chicago/Cook County/Illinois is screwed because of not being able to pay their bills!
Chicago/Cook County/Illinois is terrible for adding a tax on sugar water!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chicago/Cook County/Illinois is screwed because of not being able to pay their bills!

The argument (and this is supported) is that the tax causes people to buy their groceries where the tax is not charged, and thus you lose more tax revenue as the entire grocery trip (including non-soda items) ends up in DuPage County's coffers instead of Cook County.

Philadelphia is seeing this happen already.

Taxing people more just draws dollars out of the local economy, especially when it's going to an entity as corrupt as Cook County.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:59 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The argument (and this is supported) is that the tax causes people to buy their groceries where the tax is not charged, and thus you lose more tax revenue as the entire grocery trip (including non-soda items) ends up in DuPage County's coffers instead of Cook County.

So the problem isn't with the tax? It's that other places make it easy to break the law and then bring it back in?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:00 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So the problem isn't with the tax? It's that other places make it easy to break the law and then bring it back in?

what's illegal about buying out of county?

Make a better argument

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Make a better argument

Yeah, BRick went full genius with that one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What size we talking?

Can you cook?
Yeah.

Bitch.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Make a better argument

Yeah, BRick went full genius with that one.

First he doesn't know when LMfest is, and now this. I'm losing faith in Brick's ability to Brick threads at this point.

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I see ... so activity = accomplishment then. Sounds great.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If it was a law that one has to buy their soda (etc.) in Cook county, then your smarmy comment might momentarily seem like it made a modicum of sense. Nobody's breaking a law driving to some other county to buy their soda any more than people are breaking some farcical law by buying their cigs or gas out of state.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:03 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Make a better argument
I assume it is illegal to cross over and bring it back in without paying the tax on it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Make a better argument
I assume it is illegal to cross over and bring it back in without paying the tax on it.

You would assume wrong in this case. The tax you pay for most goods is the tax at the point of sale. The only reason car sales are different is that your car registration often is dependent upon your county as the county clerk usually handles the title.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Ogie, you're a bit off on the reason for high fructose corn syrup usage. It is because the government limits the imports of sugar, and puts a floor under the price by buying domestic sugar from producers when the price falls below a certain level. That is why sugar prices in the U.S. are much higher than the rest of world. Therefore, it is cheaper to use HFCS instead of regular sugar in beverages.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:12 pm 

Damn Don, those cases have a massive additional tax on them. Glad we live in Kane County.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:13 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
You would assume wrong in this case. The tax you pay for most goods is the tax at the point of sale. The only reason car sales are different is that your car registration often is dependent upon your county as the county clerk usually handles the title.
So the simple answer here seems to make it also a "use tax" and then it's ok? It seems strange that they wouldn't have put that in there at the start though. It would only be illegal to resell it otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:13 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Ogie, you're a bit off on the reason for high fructose corn syrup usage. It is because the government limits the imports of sugar, and puts a floor under the price by buying domestic sugar from producers when the price falls below a certain level. That is why sugar prices in the U.S. are much higher than the rest of world. Therefore, it is cheaper to use HFCS instead of regular sugar in beverages.

That is a major part of it (and yes those import limits are idiotic)

The corn subsidies do however contribute to the cheap price of HFCS. It also is why we use corn based ethanol as a bio-fuel despite the fact there are more efficient sources of bio-fuel besides corn ethanol (Brazil uses sugar cane derived ethanol as an example)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:14 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
What does that mean? Chicago/Cook County is in a dire financial situation as many point out. Taxes need to be raised. Where would you raise them?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:14 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
So the simple answer here seems to make it also a "use tax" and then it's ok? It seems strange that they wouldn't have put that in there at the start though. It would only be illegal to resell it otherwise.

Good luck getting that one to stand in court. The law as is barely survived court challenges.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
What does that mean? Chicago/Cook County is in a dire financial situation as many point out. Taxes need to be raised. Where would you raise them?

or perhaps you can look at the other side of the balance sheet and cut spending to fix the fiscal hell hole. I know Democrats have trouble with that concept.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:15 pm 

My recollection on IL car purchases is that the state passed a specific law to avoid people buying outside their home county to lower their sales tax bill. Even when we buy in Cook, we still pay the Kane rate. Cars are the only purchase where that occurs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next