It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 126  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I'm asking LTG.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'll make this clear for LTG so he can't accuse me of supporting Trump anymore.

Donald Trump is racist. Donald Trump is a bad candidate for president and no one should vote for him.

Hillary Clinton is either incompetent or a liar. Hillary Clinton is a bad candidate for president and no one should vote for her.

Johnson/Weld 2016

Unfortunately someone has to be President. She is easily a better choice than Trump. If the Republicans wanted better they should have chosen someone else. Democrats had an opportunity to do likewise.

I think it shows the inherent flaws with the two party primary process in this day and age. Any moderate thinkers cant make it thru the meat grinder of the primary and so we are left with poor choices in the general election. The hardcore left and right will always come out and support their guys but the middle of the road folks are left with crap choices. I don't think its a coincidence that in our two last non re-election presidential choices have been turds...

Obama and McCain
Bush and Gore

Democrats know the LTG's of the world will vote for anyone with a pulse, and a capital D before their name. That was, and is true, long before the internet was in existence.

Jesus Christ could be running as a R and LTG would be running him down. He is the type of voter that keeps the like of Bobby Rush in office and Illinois is in such a fucked up state.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:00 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Donald Trump is racist. Donald Trump is a bad candidate for president and no one should vote for him.

Hillary Clinton is either incompetent or a liar. Hillary Clinton is a bad candidate for president and no one should vote for her.

Johnson/Weld 2016

Unfortunately someone has to be President. She is easily a better choice than Trump. If the Republicans wanted better they should have chosen someone else. Democrats had an opportunity to do likewise.

I think it shows the inherent flaws with the two party primary process in this day and age. Any moderate thinkers cant make it thru the meat grinder of the primary and so we are left with poor choices in the general election. The hardcore left and right will always come out and support their guys but the middle of the road folks are left with crap choices. I don't think its a coincidence that in our two last non re-election presidential choices have been turds...

Obama and McCain
Bush and Gore

Democrats know the LTG's of the world will vote for anyone with a pulse, and a capital D before their name. That was, and is true, long before the internet was in existence.

Jesus Christ could be running as a R and LTG would be running him down. He is the type of voter that keeps the like of Bobby Rush in office and Illinois is in such a fucked up state.

And those Southern Republican states have really been doing such a bang up job in the area of local economy and schooling haven't they? They are really killing it with respect to race relations also.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:02 pm 

I asked you a question, LTG. Please answer it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:12 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Welfare was a rest haven for a number of families and if you knew the history it was never supposed to be permanent. It was always supposed to be a temporary and not permanent solution.

here we go. Do you think these families WANT to be on welfare?!

You are looking for generalizations guy. Some did. I had an uncle that was married with 5 kids. He lived quite well while on public assistance. Had Section 8 as well. He told my mother that it was better for him to be on public aid than it would be to work a job. He believed that he was doing better than she was and she was full time postal employee. It was the 70's and he very well may have been. We did pretty decent but considering the cheap rent stamps welfare checks he may quite well have done better. In this instance I can say with conviction that he didn't want to work. Not all cases were the same. I don't say this to vilify people on welfare. I will say that it shouldn't be a permanent condition.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Welfare was a rest haven for a number of families and if you knew the history it was never supposed to be permanent. It was always supposed to be a temporary and not permanent solution.

here we go. Do you think these families WANT to be on welfare?!

You are looking for generalizations guy. Some did. I had an uncle that was married with 5 kids. He lived quite well while on public assistance. Had Section 8 as well. He told my mother that it was better for him to be on public aid than it would be to work a job. He believed that he was doing better than she was and she was full time postal employee. It was the 70's and he very well may have been. We did pretty decent but considering the cheap rent stamps welfare checks he may quite well have done better. In this instance I can say with conviction that he didn't want to work. Not all cases were the same. I don't say this to vilify people on welfare. I will say that it shouldn't be a permanent condition.

that's all I needed to know.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
hnd wrote:
our old next door neighbor certainly bragged about it. 2 individuals living together, he made probably 90-100k a year, she had a part time job receiving full gvt benefits for 4 children. He owned a small home a few blocks away. it basically was vacant and a PO box essentially. possibly not the norm but i don't doubt there are plenty in the same boat.

Sounds similar to Reagan's apocryphal tale of the "Welfare Queen".

Ronald Reagan wrote:
In Chicago, they found a woman who holds the record. She used 80 names, 30 addresses, 15 telephone numbers to collect food stamps, Social Security, veterans’ benefits for four nonexistent deceased veteran husbands, as well as welfare. Her tax-free cash income alone has been running $150,000 a year.

no she pulled in nowhere near that amount. she just pulled beni's on her 4 kids.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
hnd wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
hnd wrote:
our old next door neighbor certainly bragged about it. 2 individuals living together, he made probably 90-100k a year, she had a part time job receiving full gvt benefits for 4 children. He owned a small home a few blocks away. it basically was vacant and a PO box essentially. possibly not the norm but i don't doubt there are plenty in the same boat.

Sounds similar to Reagan's apocryphal tale of the "Welfare Queen".

Ronald Reagan wrote:
In Chicago, they found a woman who holds the record. She used 80 names, 30 addresses, 15 telephone numbers to collect food stamps, Social Security, veterans’ benefits for four nonexistent deceased veteran husbands, as well as welfare. Her tax-free cash income alone has been running $150,000 a year.

no she pulled in nowhere near that amount. she just pulled beni's on her 4 kids.

Are they married?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Is trump a racist? I'm not saying he is...but a lot of people think he is...really smart people...so, I don't know...if it walks like a duck, you know? That's what people are saying.

Now as far as being a bigot...he's a terrific bigot...a really really great bigot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
chaspoppcap wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Johnson/Weld 2016

Obama and McCain
Bush and Gore

long time guy wrote:
And those Southern Republican states have really been doing such a bang up job in the area of local economy and schooling haven't they? They are really killing it with respect to race relations also.

The POTUS looked great holding a putter while people in LA suffered from the flooding last month.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:00 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Johnson/Weld 2016

Obama and McCain
Bush and Gore

long time guy wrote:

The POTUS looked great holding a putter while people in LA suffered from the flooding last month.

Riiiight....potus should have been down there rescuing people in a row boat...Glad handing residents.. Filling sandbags...making it about himself.

He delegated and shit got done.

Do you have any idea what a big deal it is to organize and mobilize for a potus visit? How much it disrupts the local fire and safely personnel?

Way to regurgitate a spoonfed talking point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

Don't be such a simpleton. And yes I do know what is involved in a Presidential visit.

There are no political points to be won there. Trying to re-write history isn't helpful either.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:11 pm 

Big difference. Then: clusterfuck...Now: efficient response. Did Obama admittedly leave himself open for partisan feigned outrage? Yup.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
GoldenJet wrote:
Big difference. Then: clusterfuck...Now: efficient response. Did Obama admittedly leave himself open for partisan feigned outrage? Yup.

He would have gotten it either way. That's the reality of the job.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

and the band played on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If he tries really hard long time guy may be able to do the unthinkable and convince people that Trump is a racist.

Notice how everyone is ducking the question. Cuts right to the heart of the issue.

you're not reading well. At least 4 people on this page who hate or dislike Hillary agree that they think Trump is racist.

Now that that's out of the way, let's shift the conversation back to the president elect Hillary, and stop talking as much about a candidate that is the equivalent of the "the rent is too damn high" candidate.

No isn't and that is why reading comprehension for you is problematic. The Rent too high guy wasn't anyone's nominating. He never polled high enough to even get on a national debate stage. Trump is a legit challenger for President. Im past underestimating this dude. We are in Sept and he is 1-2 points behind. The he isn't going to win dog aint hunting anymore. This is a real race and he has to be taken seriously. I am. The only two people that answered the question were you and Brick. I don't know where you get 4 from either. There is a lot of hedging on the Trump as racist question.

Good one, dork!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

:lol:

Of course he would have. Except Bush got blamed for both responses.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
GoldenJet wrote:

Huh? ....clusterfuck then n now...Bush should be next to Cheyney n Rumsfeld on the WH lawn hung for treason.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
chaspoppcap wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Johnson/Weld 2016

Obama and McCain
Bush and Gore

Let's assume for a minute that Jesus was real, your stupid ass would be screaming to not allow that dune coon into the country n bomb the shit out of his homeland.

Who ya crappin' pal ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:19 pm 

LTG would want to invade his homeland and then ask Jesus to lay him money for the privilege.

LTG is super fucked up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:58 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jesus Christ would say not to kill innocent civilians and long time guy would say "ugh, more anti-Hillarism. Looks like Jesus is another Trump supporter."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Jesus Christ would say not to kill innocent civilians and long time guy would say "ugh, more anti-Hillarism. Looks like Jesus is another Trump supporter."

And cough up the dough for your liberation!

Totally normal!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:42 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Totally normal!

I don't think either of you answered as to whether Trump is a racist.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:44 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Totally normal!
You must have missed your man Trump talking about taking the oil the other night.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... dness.html
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -legal-war

Someguy. Hypocrite amongst hypocrites.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LB6jkCGog

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
long time guy wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Totally normal!
You must have missed your man Trump talking about taking the oil the other night.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... dness.html
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -legal-war

Someguy. Hypocrite amongst hypocrites.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
LTG and I went round and round in the primaries over Hillary's bullshit. More than his blind allegiance to Hillary, his hatred of Sanders drove me insane. Still does.

That said, much of what he says is true. There is a reluctance to criticize Trump, and it's hard to pinpoint why. If I had to guess, I think Trump is viewed by many in the same way that liberals view Islam... there is a reluctance to criticize because they don't take him seriously. The problem is that he's on the cusp of being President of the United States. It's not only scary... it's embarrassing. Hillary is an evil liar... and yet she should be president 100 times out of 100 over this moronic sociopath. Donald Trump has already hurt America in big ways, and he hasn't even held office. He stirs up the racist and xenophobic loudmouths and continues to promote the ignorant beliefs of the uneducated. Words matter. You can sit here all day and talk about how awful the Clintons have been for minorities... and you'd be right... but it's still preferable to the tone Trump has made acceptable in a civilized country. His policy proposals are laughable and make the rest of the world nervous. If the argument is that he doesn't mean what he says, then I don't know what the hell we are supposed to judge people on. I can't accept a political climate where people say "Oh, don't worry... they don't mean anything they say." It's beyond absurd. I'll take the lying corporatist over the idiotic, bigoted corporatist with no sense of reality every time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:
LTG and I went round and round in the primaries over Hillary's bullshit. More than his blind allegiance to Hillary, his hatred of Sanders drove me insane. Still does.

That said, much of what he says is true. There is a reluctance to criticize Trump, and it's hard to pinpoint why. If I had to guess, I think Trump is viewed by many in the same way that liberals view Islam... there is a reluctance to criticize because they don't take him seriously. The problem is that he's on the cusp of being President of the United States. It's not only scary... it's embarrassing. Hillary is an evil liar... and yet she should be president 100 times out of 100 over this moronic sociopath. Donald Trump has already hurt America in big ways, and he hasn't even held office. He stirs up the racist and xenophobic loudmouths and continues to promote the ignorant beliefs of the uneducated. Words matter. You can sit here all day and talk about how awful the Clintons have been for minorities... and you'd be right... but it's still preferable to the tone Trump has made acceptable in a civilized country. His policy proposals are laughable and make the rest of the world nervous. If the argument is that he doesn't mean what he says, then I don't know what the hell we are supposed to judge people on. I can't accept a political climate where people say "Oh, don't worry... they don't mean anything they say." It's beyond absurd. I'll take the lying corporatist over the idiotic, bigoted corporatist with no sense of reality every time.

I agree with all of that.

And I would suggest that it's sort of like me criticizing Quintana more than I criticize James Shields. James Shields requires no criticism. Anyone with a brain knows he's horseshit. But Quintana would be like Hillary. There are those constantly telling us how great she is in spite of a mountain of evidence to the contrary. That becomes frustrating. And this idea that if you find her to be anything less than awesome, you hate women is just bullshit. Hillary might be a .500 president, but I think most of us would like more than that.

Imagine if every time I mentioned Quintana losing another game to a supposedly lesser pitcher that LTG popped into the thread accusing me of thinking James Shields was better than Quintana.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

And I would suggest that it's sort of like me criticizing Quintana more than I criticize James Shields. James Shields requires no criticism. Anyone with a brain knows he's horseshit. But Quintana would be like Hillary. There are those constantly telling us how great she is in spite of a mountain of evidence to the contrary. That becomes frustrating. And this idea that if you find her to be anything less than awesome, you hate women is just bullshit. Hillary might be a .500 president, but I think most of us would like more than that.

Imagine if every time I mentioned Quintana losing another game to a supposedly lesser pitcher that LTG popped into the thread accusing me of thinking James Shields was better than Quintana.

It's nothing like your fallacious Quintana nonsense at all. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I've never made the argument that I'm voting for Hillary because she is a woman. I hate symbolic political votes as well identity politics.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
It's nothing like your fallacious Quintana nonsense at all. :lol:

In fact, it's very much like that. And there's nothing "fallacious" about Quintana's 45-44 record. (He got a game over .500 last night! Woo-ee!) That is a fact not a fallacy. In half his games another pitcher pitches as well or better than he does. That hardly describes a "great" pitcher. Anyway, criticism of one person doesn't mean that there aren't others that suck worse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 126  Next