It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 188  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:24 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Depending on the key, I'm told it will be $120-$300 for a new key and the computer diagnostic to reprogram.

I'll ask them to use lube at least.
They didn't use the lube :cry: :( :shock: :( :cry:

$700 at the dealer for keys, programming, and a new battery. On top of the $75 tow and $100 diagnostic test at the mechanic I've already spent. Merry fucking Christmas.

PUDDY: Let’s finish this up.

JERRY: Did you two break up?

PUDDY: (While punching up numbers on a calculator) That chick’s whacked. We’re history. I just left out a couple of things: rust-proofing..

JERRY: "Rust-proofing"?

PUDDY: (Reading off what he’s adding up on the calculator) Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder’s fee

JERRY: "Finder’s fee"? It was on the lot!

PUDDY: Yeah, that’s right. (Continues reading off) Floor mats, keys..

JERRY: ‘Keys"?!

PUDDY: How ya gonna start it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I did NOT get the insider's deal on this repair.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Douchebag wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Depending on the key, I'm told it will be $120-$300 for a new key and the computer diagnostic to reprogram.

$700 at the dealer for keys, programming, and a new battery. On top of the $75 tow and $100 diagnostic test at the mechanic I've already spent. Merry fucking Christmas.

PUDDY: Let’s finish this up.

JERRY: Did you two break up?

PUDDY: (While punching up numbers on a calculator) That chick’s whacked. We’re history. I just left out a couple of things: rust-proofing..

JERRY: "Rust-proofing"?

PUDDY: (Reading off what he’s adding up on the calculator) Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder’s fee

JERRY: "Finder’s fee"? It was on the lot!

PUDDY: Yeah, that’s right.
(Continues reading off) Floor mats, keys..

JERRY: ‘Keys"?!

PUDDY: How ya gonna start it?

I've always loved that argument and have used it on occasion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I can already feel my yule log dimming.

I have baseball practice Saturday morning and a party at night. My wife wants to squeeze in seeing santa with her family in between. She wanted to know if we could go to the club for drinks after. Nice way to start the holiday week fronting the money for Schlitz drinkers who will find themselves having the taste for 20 year scotch that day.

We are going to see a Christmas carol sunday night. She wants to squeeze her family having a cookie party in before. Now, over 50% of them will bring nothing, another 40 will bring oreos and my wife will be baking into the morning trying to be the good daughter.

Now, it's super important that we go to these things because we are only going to see them 1-2 other times in the 5 day time span. Then I'll really look forward to her mom's OCD kicking in and demanding that all the dishes are washed after the dinner on Christmas night before she will put out the deserts everyone else made even as the next day is a work day...not for her, of course. The centerpiece of it all is my father in law sitting at the head of the table proclaiming he and his wife the master of feast with foods bought and prepared by everyone else but them.

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Let me know if the Christmas Carol is any good please?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Let's help eachother out.

T Bone, send Frank some dough to help out his key situation.

Frank, get the spare bedroom organized and take T Bone's in laws in for 4 days.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Let's help eachother out.

T Bone, send Frank some dough to help out his key situation.

Frank, get the spare bedroom organized and take T Bone's in laws in for 4 days.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
She wanted to know if we could go to the club for drinks after.

What club does a good dolphin belong to? I'm gonna guess the Metropolitan Club. Or are you a Union League man?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

What club does a good dolphin belong to? I'm gonna guess the Metropolitan Club. Or are you a Union League man?

Sam's?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's

Y M C A

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Sam's?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really did laugh out loud.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 pm 

tommy wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Sam's?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really did laugh out loud.

me too...not #metoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Sam's?
Not a bad guess. There is isn't much a chubby Polak likes more than bulk food and saving money.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Telegram Sam wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hosting my wife’s family this year. This is a first for us. We will have her kids, one sister and parents from Monday until Xmas Day, then the kids leave and her other sister, husband, four kids and sister in law come in until the 30th. That makes 10 people for 4 days straight to end the holiday with separate trips to drop off and pick up from the airport. It’s gonna be rough. Her parents are with us 8 days. Let’s just say I will be in the office for half days next Thursday and Friday just to escape for a while. We may not host again. Ha ha

Are you going to have to bring them into Chicago (or Milwaukee?)

Both!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
T-Bone wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hosting my wife’s family this year. This is a first for us. We will have her kids, one sister and parents from Monday until Xmas Day, then the kids leave and her other sister, husband, four kids and sister in law come in until the 30th. That makes 10 people for 4 days straight to end the holiday with separate trips to drop off and pick up from the airport. It’s gonna be rough. Her parents are with us 8 days. Let’s just say I will be in the office for half days next Thursday and Friday just to escape for a while. We may not host again. Ha ha

Are you going to have to bring them into Chicago (or Milwaukee?)

Both!

I’d move to the other house on farm.. I don’t care that it’s vacant and the heat is iffy at best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

8 days? Yikes man. You're going to need more a plan than going to the office

It’s the only plan I have. Yes it’s a bit ridiculous. I doubt I will ever complain about driving the 8 hours out to KAnsas to visit them for the holidays in the future, when we know enough to get the hell out of there after three nights.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:46 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
RFDC wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

It’s the only plan I have. Yes it’s a bit ridiculous. I doubt I will ever complain about driving the 8 hours out to KAnsas to visit them for the holidays in the future, when we know enough to get the hell out of there after three nights.

I feel your pain but I always find things to do for a few hours at a time. We have alot of holiday basketball Tournaments. I hit one of those. Go to movies. Go to a buddies basement and chill for awhile. Hell just walk around mall for a while.

The picking up and taking back to airport has always annoyed me too. If you are an adult going on a trip you can afford to rent a vehicle.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I just do all the cooking and dishes so I don't have to speak to anyone in situations like that.

OH, meditation...I'm telling you it helps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
The picking up and taking back to airport has always annoyed me too. If you are an adult going on a trip you can afford to rent a vehicle.
Or you think maybe one of the relatives would be decent enough to say, "Hey you are going to have your hands full with the hosting and airport pickups, so we'll catch a cab or an Uber to your place. Maybe you can take us for our departing flight, but we'll cover at least one way no sweat."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Or you think maybe one of the relatives would be decent enough to say, "Hey you are going to have your hands full with the hosting and airport pickups, so we'll catch a cab or an Uber to your place. Maybe you can take us for our departing flight, but we'll cover at least one way no sweat."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:

This, but I get more bothered by friends / family going on vacation and then asking for a ride to/from the airport. Really? You can afford a trip but you can't afford an uber back and forth? Worse....3 day trip to vegas...you can't park your car at the airport like a normal person?

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:25 pm 

RFDC wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
RFDC wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I feel your pain but I always find things to do for a few hours at a time. We have alot of holiday basketball Tournaments. I hit one of those. Go to movies. Go to a buddies basement and chill for awhile. Hell just walk around mall for a while.

Yeah, I think I’m going to be expected to be around and visit for a good portion of the time so the office excuse is at least valid. The other thing I thought of doing is going to the DMV and getting one of those new drivers licenses. That should kill some time :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:28 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
RFDC wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
RFDC wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Yeah, I think I’m going to be expected to be around and visit for a good portion of the time so the office excuse is at least valid. The other thing I thought of doing is going to the DMV and getting one of those new drivers licenses. That should kill some time :lol:

I am sorry man. You're a better man than me. 8 days of that shit and I would be divorced.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Two words, T: Top Golf.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Furious Styles wrote:

Yes to this.....took my son and my Dad there for lunch last Saturday. Not a big golfer but had a great time...killed a couple of hours of my Saturday.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I liked Top Golf. Seemed a little pricey though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
I liked Top Golf. Seemed a little pricey though.
Top Golf is novel, and can be great fun a couple times during the winter.

You can spend MANY dollars there very quickly and very easily.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

A bit of good news. Ford comped me a couple of hours of labor, so I only ended up spending $540 yesterday. Still alot, but way better than what I was expecting when I posted this yesterday as the $700 figure did not include tax.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:19 am 

Furious Styles wrote:

It’s a good idea but I have no interest in driving over an hour to hit balls. I was there this spring as I had $100 gift card to blow and I came away not that impressed by the whole visit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I only mentioned it because of the alcohol factor. :wink:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
beni hanna wrote:
Friday I come home from work to find two telephone poles laid out in the front lawn. There was still snow on the ground, so the pockmarked lawn caused by depositing said treated lumber in my front lawn was not easily visible. Comed has no idea why they are there as no work is planned in our area. The better half is fixated on this calamity.

Somehow I know that dude from The Watchmen is behind this. What's a brother gotta do to get him to teleport this crap away?

Update. Still have one 45 ft pole for anyone that wants it. Comed picked up one of two and has basically ignored the existence of the second. What a bunch of shit. Could be great gag gift for someone close to you...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
My wife has this phobia about "standing water". It becomes a real point of contention with the unloading of the dishwasher. I take the stuff out of the dishwasher and put it directly into the cabinets. Sometimes something may be slightly damp, but so what? My wife has to put anything that is the slightest bit damp on a towel to dry completely before it is put away. It drives me crazy. If she sees me putting away a slightly damp cup she'll start going on and on about "standing water." I have even developed an imitation where I say "STANDING WATER1 STANDING WATER!" in a high pitched voice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 188  Next